Author Topic: Why is everything getting balanced except Crush Through?  (Read 16334 times)

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Why is everything getting balanced except Crush Through?
« on: January 20, 2011, 02:45:52 am »
+1
It's the most broken thing in cRPG. In Native, only Rhodoks had crush through weapons, and they had low 2H proficiency *and* couldn't increase stats.

Morning star was nerfed, cool, but it wasn't morning star that was broken, it was crush through. Now bar mace is broken but wait, it's not bar mace, it's crush through. Nerfing bar mace leads to long iron mace and so on.

This is so broken that instead of playing as a peasant with a fork I'm could just create 2H char and go with lolcrush. Dont tell me about barmace being short and slow and what not. It's not slow at all, and it's long enough that you dont need to block more than one hit, move in, bam. It's no slower than typical polearm weapon.

When using Long Maul or Maul, one must be VERY careful. You can get outspammed. You have to time your hit, or move in when you think it's safe. But with Bar mace, Iron mace, whatever, you can duel normally except you also crush.

I have no doubts that game balancers think this is perfectly OK and everything works as intended - otherwise this would have been solved half a year ago when morningstars were eating shields better than Native mauls. Nevertheless I felt it is my duty as a citizen to try to better the world..

..no I'm just kidding. I had to fill daily whine quota. :)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 02:48:04 am by Tai Feng »
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Imperial army: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4muBipy9-Q

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
Re: Why is everything getting balanced except Crush Through?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 02:49:52 am »
+1
agreed. also i give you a troll point and hope that is a good thing :mrgreen:

Offline downer

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: downer
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 03:22:39 am »
+1
If it's not one thing, it's another...  :rolleyes:

Let's just get this out of the way, I'm a Bar Mace user. Have been since well before the current patch/state of things.

What would you suggest a 2H do against someone that's turtled up? We can use an axe to break the shield, or go with a heavy blunt to crush through. Crush through is quicker and more efficient. If it weren't crush through, the complaint would be Axes and their shield breaking. If not that, it would be 2H spam in an attempt to break the shield.

I could get behind a slight decrease in the % chance to crush through. At the same time, with 7 PS, it's hard for me to crush someone with high shield skill. That's the trade off. Any schmuck that puts 0-2 points in shield and picks up an arena shield should get crushed. If you've got 5+ and a steel shield, you should be a lot safer.

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 03:39:53 am »
+1
As long as you dont touch the crush-trough of my Maul...
Im slow like hell and its really not very long.

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 03:59:12 am »
+1
What would you suggest a 2H do against someone that's turtled up? We can use an axe to break the shield, or go with a heavy blunt to crush through. Crush through is quicker and more efficient. If it weren't crush through, the complaint would be Axes and their shield breaking. If not that, it would be 2H spam in an attempt to break the shield.

I could get behind a slight decrease in the % chance to crush through. At the same time, with 7 PS, it's hard for me to crush someone with high shield skill. That's the trade off. Any schmuck that puts 0-2 points in shield and picks up an arena shield should get crushed. If you've got 5+ and a steel shield, you should be a lot safer.

So how can I debate with your emotions? How can I convince you to look at this from all angles if you think emotionally? It's a lost cause.

For the audience: saying that one needs 10 in shield skill (I've 4 btw) to be immune to crushing is ridiculous to say the least.
But this isn't what i was talking about at all. I am a polearm user (I fight without a shield). I cannot even block Barmace because I get crushed more often than not. If I take my shield I get crushed easily. What am I supposed to do, backpedal? Look for my parole officer and never go anywhere without 3 other teammates with Pikes behind me?
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Offline Ingenium

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 04:28:21 am »
+1
I am a polearm user (I fight without a shield). I cannot even block Barmace because I get crushed more often than not. If I take my shield I get crushed easily. What am I supposed to do, backpedal? Look for my parole officer and never go anywhere without 3 other teammates with Pikes behind me?

Well that is basically the fighting style of polearm users.

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Kophka/Koschei
  • IRC nick: Kophka
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 04:57:18 am »
+1
As far as crush-through is concerned, the "made to beat turtles" argument is fine. But if it was made to beat skill-less turtles, why does it crush through a skilled manual blockers block too? Realistic, yes, but a broken mechanic, imo.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 09:09:17 am »
+1
All the fast blockcrushing weapons are a problem. Mauls, long mauls and such are slow for a reason.

Barmaces, etc are basically normal weapons which can maintain block-attack-block rythm except they block crush with enough heirlooming / powerstrike.

Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 10:19:31 am »
+1
are there actually any fast crush through weapons except for the barmace?
if not i see an easy fix - two actually :D

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 10:36:10 am »
+1
Agree on barmaces, not the other stuff. Mauls are fine.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 02:05:01 pm »
+1
Only thing to lessen crushthrough is lower it's weight.

Tough for some reason iron mace is less used than barmace which imo is better even though they pretty much made it's thrust useless with the polearm animation.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2011, 02:32:35 pm »
+1
Pretty soon cRPG is going to be nerfed to staffs, rocks, and the peasant knife if this crying keeps up. After the crush through weapons its going to be X, then X, then X, then X, then X, then X
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Dunecat

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • cRPG Player
  • h+
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jaer_Selorn
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2011, 02:35:17 pm »
+1
I would like everything but the weapon I use to be nerfed to doing zero damage.
Is that alirght, doctor?
In memory of Jaer_Selorn, member of Str, ruler of Pagundur

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2011, 02:39:29 pm »
+1
Pretty soon cRPG is going to be nerfed to staffs, rocks, and the peasant knife if this crying keeps up. After the crush through weapons its going to be X, then X, then X, then X, then X, then X

I love these ironic comments. They try to make it so balancing shouldn't be done, or pretend that everything is 100% balanced, which is never true.

Go ridicule something else. Crush through is definitely not "balanced" mechanic, nor is it "realistic one" nor is it good for gameplay. ž

Quote from: Dunecat
I would like everything but the weapon I use to be nerfed to doing zero damage.
Is that alirght, doctor?

"I would like to ridicule others and spam the forum. Wait, admins don't ban for that? Woohoo."

This is game balance subforum. Which part of that did you not fucking understand? You're offtopic here, and I am ontopic. Now go troll elsewhere since you're not able to display any intellectual capabilities.

Offline John

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2011, 02:39:54 pm »
+1
All the fast blockcrushing weapons are a problem. Mauls, long mauls and such are slow for a reason.

Barmaces, etc are basically normal weapons which can maintain block-attack-block rythm except they block crush with enough heirlooming / powerstrike.

This is pretty much accurate.