Author Topic: Why is everything getting balanced except Crush Through?  (Read 15385 times)

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
Re: Why is everything getting balanced except Crush Through?
« Reply #135 on: February 06, 2011, 07:34:22 pm »
+1
But the fact that you can push your stats in cRPG brings a high risk of such weapons becoming OP, as players can skill to minimize the negative effects, to benefit of the superior positive effects.

This is true with almost all weapons in the game, depending on your perspective. For instance, plate users may consider my build OP. I one-shot people in plate fairly regularly on both the battle and duel servers with my german great sword. And with 21 agility, and over 150 wpf, I'm not slow either. Some may consider that OP. My point is, we ALL get to customize our builds. Some are going to be better than others, and some are going to be optimized to do something other people consider "cheesy". That is the game we play.
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline Engine

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 09, 2011, 01:40:07 am »
+1
To make things balanced, and to let those weapons work as intended, I would recommend to make no CT weapon under difficulty 21.

Word up. I'm with you.

Crushthrough sucks.

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
« Reply #137 on: February 10, 2011, 08:38:14 am »
+1
Having a high strength requirement wont hinder pure strength builds that use barmace for example.

There needs to be some sort of hard cap on chance to crush through an enemies block.

Maybe something like shield armour stat (22 Armour = 22% can not be crush through cap)
For weapons make it the damage stat (35 Damage = 35% can not be crush through cap)

That would add a dynamic element to want to use slashing type weapons for manual blockers, and give a reasonable chance to not be killed after every overhand swing.

These weapons would also maintain their specific edge against shield users.

Offline Kalbuth

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 10, 2011, 08:42:48 am »
+1
Newbie PoV : isn't it possible to simply make CT only work on shield, not on block / chamber, and with hard cap on crush %age? Or taking into account shield user shield skill?
like CT %age = 0.1*(attacker PS / defender Shield) (ie equivalent PS and Shield skills on both sides gives 10% chance of CT)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 08:45:53 am by Kalbuth »

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ganon, Linkk
« Reply #139 on: February 10, 2011, 06:20:12 pm »
+1
Having a high strength requirement wont hinder pure strength builds that use barmace for example.

There needs to be some sort of hard cap on chance to crush through an enemies block.

Maybe something like shield armour stat (22 Armour = 22% can not be crush through cap)
For weapons make it the damage stat (35 Damage = 35% can not be crush through cap)

That would add a dynamic element to want to use slashing type weapons for manual blockers, and give a reasonable chance to not be killed after every overhand swing.

These weapons would also maintain their specific edge against shield users.

My point is exactly that pure strength builds with barmace are not OP at all because they're slow as fuck. They cannot block then reply to an attack, a balanced character can attack before the response, because they're that slow (try it out). They also have very low athletics and movement speed. I even did a higher agi build this retirement because my character being that slow was limiting my gameplay, so i say these things because i tried them out.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #140 on: February 10, 2011, 07:17:42 pm »
+1
My point is exactly that pure strength builds with barmace are not OP at all because they're slow as fuck. They cannot block then reply to an attack, a balanced character can attack before the response, because they're that slow (try it out).

I did try it out on the duel server when we had this debate in voip.  You absolutely can counterattack with a barmace every time as a str build.  M&B combat mechanics combined with the speed of the weapon make this so. 
Maul               spd rtng 86           length 70
Mallet             spd rtng 84           length 71
Great Maul     spd rtng 80           length 68
Bar Mace        spd rtng 92            length 96

Sword speed with sword length.  Yeah, something is pretty fuxord here.

Of course crush through is a gay mechanic anyways for 2 main reasons:
1)  It crushes through chamber blocks (and manual blocks) even though it's supposed to be an "anti-shield/turtle" option.  Yeah, uh huh.
2)  It's a mechanic based around the idea of removing a players RMB.  Mechanics like that in a pvp game are moronic.  If we're going that route I want a weapon that removes your wasd keys.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Noble Crassius

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Long live the Han
    • View Profile
    • http://rotk.ws/
  • Faction: Han Empire
  • Game nicks: Han_Ling, SiegeSome, Fallen_Knight
« Reply #141 on: February 10, 2011, 07:23:53 pm »
+1
Polearm stagger removes all your keys lol. but on topic yeah by those stats bar mace looks OP to me  :)
On it.

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 10, 2011, 08:35:30 pm »
+1
Barmace does not crush through heavy weapons manual blocking. And as a dev stated, the weight modifier for manual blocking will be increased. Also about your claim that a str character cannot be spammed to death, we need a video :D I know how slow it is and how fast proper spammers are, they can swing 3 times before he swings again lol

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 10, 2011, 08:39:36 pm »
+1
Barmace goes through my krautsword like buttah
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #144 on: February 10, 2011, 08:43:44 pm »
+1
Just remove crush through form barmace and iron mace and leave the short weapons able to crush.

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 10, 2011, 08:45:12 pm »
+1
I did try it out on the duel server when we had this debate in voip.  You absolutely can counterattack with a barmace every time as a str build.  M&B combat mechanics combined with the speed of the weapon make this so. 
Maul               spd rtng 86           length 70
Mallet             spd rtng 84           length 71
Great Maul     spd rtng 80           length 68
Bar Mace        spd rtng 92            length 96

Sword speed with sword length.  Yeah, something is pretty fuxord here.

Of course crush through is a gay mechanic anyways for 2 main reasons:
1)  It crushes through chamber blocks (and manual blocks) even though it's supposed to be an "anti-shield/turtle" option.  Yeah, uh huh.
2)  It's a mechanic based around the idea of removing a players RMB.  Mechanics like that in a pvp game are moronic.  If we're going that route I want a weapon that removes your wasd keys.

Any hit remove wsad for short amount of time. So Barmace not only remove rmb but wsad too. Not to mention one or two or three hit kill.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Sean_Drew

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: no faction
  • Game nicks: my secret ;-) Only 4 chars now : 1h/shielder , 2h , xbower , archer. The other 25 chars are deleted.
« Reply #146 on: February 10, 2011, 08:54:51 pm »
+1
Hm .... i think there should be a weapon against every weapon.

And so must be a crushthrough , that counters Shield 1h ...

The thing is .... crushtrough weapon should be very slow .... like the Long ( ? ) Maul .... which weapon speed is 70.

I use it against shielders , that attack my archer.

But the first hit must be a hit .... and the second .... and the third .... and the fourth .... or im dead ...

This thing is soooooo slow , that if u didnt hit the first hit, ure 100% dead .... and i say ... .this is right so ...

A crushthrough weapon should be like the long maul ..... very very heavy .... and very very slow.

If u have a crushthrough weapon , that u can wield like a katana .... something is wrong ....

I ask , why can u wield it so fast, when it is so heavy , that u can crush through shields ? There is something wrong.

So make crushthrough weapons slow and everything is fine.

One step back when the wielder attack u , and then u go infight .... bam , bam , bam .... no chance for the slow crusher ...
1h shielder mostly have high agi , so that they can attack 2h and so on ...

But let crushthrough live .... like in the long maul .... this thing is really heavy .... i think i carry an anchor with this thing. Im slow like hell ....

Dont know what it is , with the bar mace .... didnt try it , but i think a speed over 90+ is too fast for crushtrough weapon. It should be slow and heavy. And everything is fine.

Sorry for mistakes ... my english is bad ;-)

P.s.: Can someone tell me , what this Troll point has to say , what i have ? What does it mean ?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 08:59:00 pm by Sean_Drew »
Sorry , my english is bad ... ;-) I do my best :-)

Offline dontgothere

• Count
  • Renown: 295
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DONT_GO_THERE, ARTIEstrongestmanINTHEWORLD, WHERES_MY_CHIPPY, PINGAS, derpyhooves, George_Costanza
« Reply #147 on: February 10, 2011, 09:41:20 pm »
+1
But if you guys ban crush-through, I may never get a kill ever again.   :cry:

Offline Sean_Drew

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: no faction
  • Game nicks: my secret ;-) Only 4 chars now : 1h/shielder , 2h , xbower , archer. The other 25 chars are deleted.
« Reply #148 on: February 10, 2011, 10:12:52 pm »
+1
Yes , you will .... crushthrough is no magic weapon ....

A good player will kill a crush through user easily , like me a few minutes ago .... he walked back, when i swing and than attacks with fast swings .... i had no chance ...

The only thing is .... crush through must be heavy and slow .... than its ok ....
Sorry , my english is bad ... ;-) I do my best :-)

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 10, 2011, 10:15:45 pm »
+1
Just remove crush through form barmace and iron mace and leave the short weapons able to crush.

They are doing that and i'm using the great maul as anti-turtle weapon, which is so short any kind of backpedaling with me being so slow results in 100% miss. A really unnecessary nerf. My suggestion is to up the requirement while keeping crush trough on that weapon, but Gorath did some weird test were a 3 agi character was not outspammed by a 27 or 30 agi one. I call bs on that :P

Xant they're increasing the blocking abilty of 2h weapons, just look at previous posts in this thread you can find the formula.