Author Topic: Lindens Soap stand.  (Read 854 times)

Offline Greziz

• Baron
  • Renown: 112
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kerin__Grahm_BRD, Linden_BRD, secretary of BRD
Lindens Soap stand.
« on: August 08, 2011, 06:26:24 am »
I the wonderful Linden would like to say...... The strategus battle is like a battle for love no rules are apparent but some unwritten laws are written...... I have noticed that almost every feasible one of these laws is being broken by both sides in this Merc vs Brd war.

Point 1 Mercs and Brd are apparently very adept at battles.
Point 2 Mercs and Brd are apparently very adept at flame battles.
Point 3 Mercs and Brd are Devious in their bug use.
Point 4 Mercs and Brd are very good at culling allies hidden [Mercs] and [Open] Brd
Point 5 Mercs and Brd are good at hiding how hurting they are. This war wages and yet no victor is easily forseen just when you think one is down the other side pulls yet another trump card.

Overall this post need not make to much sense as I am rambling.

I would just like to state.... If nothing else this is the only substantial war I see going on in strat vs two FACTIONS..... This isn't some fight of one group smashing and taking an unclaimed village or city. I would like to see more groups playing some strat.

No need to be so afraid jump in a fray have a violent foray.
For angels neither sides will ever portray.

So let loose the flails of war and leave you opponents in heaped mangles.
Fight from shingles, stone, Grass, mud, and snow. Let fly the hail storm from ones mighty bows.

Set the tables for feast and sport your grand mass of friends of your exploits.
Then Extinguish your inner rage and place it in a cage for that night you sleep and wake to repeat.

{Told you I would ramble some where in there I decided was time for POEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!}
{Welp Linden is gunna stop this post at 12:26 and reward himself by retiring and getting his last heirloom.}

{small edit: My soap post is all my own personal opinion and not the clans. I wish both sides continued and interesting struggles for power as in the end isn't this what strat is about?}
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 06:40:24 am by Kalam »

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
Re: Lindens Soap stand.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 06:29:07 am »
o.O
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 06:42:25 am »
Oh, I um...

My favorite part was the rhyme.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Greziz

• Baron
  • Renown: 112
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kerin__Grahm_BRD, Linden_BRD, secretary of BRD
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 08:29:05 am »
Yeah alot of people never get to see me do poems. I feel fairly at ease when making them but I rarely bother. I like Haiku's the most. Yeah I am a guy who legitimately likes poetry!! DON'T JUDGE.

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 08:40:47 am »
{Welp Linden is gunna stop this post at 12:26 and reward himself by retiring and getting his last heirloom.}
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:40:24 pm by Kalam »

Is that part Kalam?

Offline Panoply

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Aristeia, Panoply, Pistachio
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 10:48:33 am »
I would agree. I wish there were even more wars happening. I wish there were more backstabbing and intrigue. Let's keep this interesting.

So many ragers and flamers falling back on the, "well we're all just here to have fun"... well then, have it. Don't just whine, rage, make excuses when things start going against you. If you're fighting equals, you can expect to get as good as you give, so don't be surprised when you're got.

I get the impression that many players are living some personal clan-centric fable, where they and their clan are "special" and "good", their enemies are immoral demonspawn, and everything is taken personally. "Oh those dicks from the other side of the world attacked us at 5 am again, so not fair, what assholes. They should attack so that they have to wake up at 5 am so we can play during our prime time" "Omg, they used a bug, ban them, if our clan used that bug I'm sure we'd get banned too, not fair!" "Oh, what the fuck, some people are conspiring against *us*? Backstabbing, underhanded scum of the earth! At least when we do it, we call it diplomacy."

Your clan is not special, you are one amongst dozens. That kind of tribal, egoistic thinking is an adolescent cliche. If somebody's gonna win, somebody's gotta lose, and that well may be you. It's a distinct possibility, expect it, and if and when it happens, don't fucking rage/cry/whine/make excuses. Take it like a champ, and work on getting back on your feet. This game has such potential, but there are many people with massive trust issues who can't maintain the mental distinction between "opponent" and "shitsucking doorhumping Judas". This game involves people attacking each other, so when you get attacked, don't act like you've just been kicked in the balls; your opponents are only playing the game.

This is not "righteous cause" vs. "sociopathic orcs". This is one bunch of young human males fighting another bunch of young human males for digital land through a medieval combat video game. Yeah, winning's fun, but not if there's no risk of defeat, so if you can't have fun without winning, then maybe multiplayer games aren't your calling. Relax. Have some respect, have some perspective, and have some fun.

/soapbox

[Disclaimer: Not talking to anyone in particular, and I mean "you" in the generic 2nd person, so don't take it personally, lest you prove my point.]

Offline Lorn

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lorn
  • IRC nick: Lorn
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 11:56:44 am »
Should this thread be renamed "Linden's and Aristeia's Soap Box" then?  :shock: :shock:

Interesting poem, but I am sure you can do better!!!!!!

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 04:59:24 pm »
Hey, i liked it.  :)
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo