Author Topic: Funtimes  (Read 5014 times)

Offline Leiknir

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: Leiknir
  • IRC nick: Leiknir
Re: Funtimes
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2011, 05:43:30 pm »
+2
I did open investigations in this case, but sadly I only had your screenshots at hand to do so right now.

Stuff that happend:
People kicked you around, you were on a roof and get a bannpoll for it.

You claim:
People are mean to you for no reason at all, roof was accessible

My thoughts:
People kicked you around because you most likely delayed the previous round, too. There were ~10 players on the server, and you felt it was needed to get onto a hard to reach roof, going "Lololreachable" when it is only reachable when you invest 6 points into jump&run-skill. That "easy to go up" ladder might be easy to go up, but it still needs fancy jumping to get on the roof. You claimed the ninja was on a roof, so I enhanced, and combined with the previous pictures it looks like the ninja fails to do the ladderjump on that picture.
(click to show/hide)

My suggestions how to avoid such situations:
Don't be a dick. If you want to roof jump around go on a big server, and don't delay the rounds on a small server with 10 people trying to have some small scale fun. And stop making threads when people react in a negative way when you act dickish.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2011, 06:00:31 pm »

Don't be a dick.

All that needs to be said.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2011, 06:16:53 pm »
+1

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Kingtrisp

• Baron
  • Renown: 89
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
  • Conan What is best in life?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_KingConan
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2011, 07:04:02 pm »
It would appear that the grey just got pwned

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2011, 12:04:33 pm »
LOLLERSKATES: Let me see, its MY fault. Of course it is. I didnt spend all my WPF on 2h/Poles and all my points into riding and PS, IF. Thats why its my fault, cause I wasnt stood on the ground hitting other cavemen with sticks while other cavemen ran me over again and again.

Leiknir, Im not interested in your guesswork: I didnt delay any rounds, I climbed on the roof that round since I kept being ridden over and kicked by TEAMMATES cuase I was shooting at their CLANMATES on the other team, but you can believe what you want, I posted this in general discussion section for players to see some scummy actions. I never expected any admin action, why would there be any? My word is worth less than the time it takes me type in this community, so dont condescend to me by even replying please?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 12:06:11 pm by Grey »
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2011, 12:19:13 pm »
Best advice ever. Just ignore all his ridiculous "I AM A MARTYR" posts, would save everyone a lot of time.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2011, 12:22:37 pm »
Almost as bad as Michael.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2011, 12:30:54 pm »
I did open investigations in this case, but sadly I only had your screenshots at hand to do so right now.

Stuff that happend:
People kicked you around, you were on a roof and get a bannpoll for it.

You claim:
People are mean to you for no reason at all, roof was accessible

My thoughts:
People kicked you around because you most likely delayed the previous round, too. There were ~10 players on the server, and you felt it was needed to get onto a hard to reach roof, going "Lololreachable" when it is only reachable when you invest 6 points into jump&run-skill. That "easy to go up" ladder might be easy to go up, but it still needs fancy jumping to get on the roof. You claimed the ninja was on a roof, so I enhanced, and combined with the previous pictures it looks like the ninja fails to do the ladderjump on that picture.
(click to show/hide)

My suggestions how to avoid such situations:
Don't be a dick. If you want to roof jump around go on a big server, and don't delay the rounds on a small server with 10 people trying to have some small scale fun. And stop making threads when people react in a negative way when you act dickish.

I'm so happy an admin finally says no to "reachable roof" hypocrites and use the most unused rule...

"first rule of em all: common sense"
    ~ chadz

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2011, 02:24:19 pm »
It's funny that Grey, after an essay-ban, comes around in general discussion tries to make people black, ends up getting everyone against him in his own thread.

Quite dissapointing, Grey.

Also if you want people to not kick you in the balls, you type 'Please stop.' usually works!

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2011, 03:46:44 pm »
Hello, I am Risen_Jarlek and I was one of the people kicking him.

The reason we did this was originally just for a laugh (it was 2-3 AM) and since he responded with "this is fun times" and the like, we thought he liked it too. We only did this until the enemy arrived (they spawn behind a big fucking hill) which we then proceeded to fight normally.

The banpoll was because he was camping on the roof, which IS possible to get too, but you have to go up one of those small weird ladders (as Leiknir pointed out) then pray you actually manage to get on the roof (I had a 15:1 ratio of failing/succeeding in this), then jump from there and up to where he was.

So, sorry for the kicking but next time please tell us to stop and not just say how funny this is.

PS: Roofcamping on a small server is very douchy. Do that on more populated ones.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2011, 03:50:00 pm »
It's funny that Grey, after an essay-ban, comes around in general discussion tries to make people black, ends up getting everyone against him in his own thread.

Quite dissapointing, Grey.

Also if you want people to not kick you in the balls, you type 'Please stop.' usually works!

Havent got anyone against me. I honestly shat a brick of disbelief that I wasnt instantly named most hated player when that thread started, noone likes to have their shortcomings pointed out to them, and since I tend to do that, ultimately I get a lot of passive aggressive and all out aggresive responses. Not my problem tbh, I dont live my life to gain popularity, I just do what I think is right.

As to Jarlek, ladder isnt weird, its just steep....and how from there you could fall it beyond me, it connects to the roof, requires no jumping, so stop making shit up, if you cant manage to master the 5 basic movement controls (preset w,a,s,d and space bar) then go Native, and choose Tutorial, they teach you the movement controls there.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2011, 03:54:47 pm »
Havent got anyone against me. I honestly shat a brick of disbelief that I wasnt instantly named most hated player when that thread started, noone likes to have their shortcomings pointed out to them, and since I tend to do that, ultimately I get a lot of passive aggressive and all out aggresive responses. Not my problem tbh, I dont live my life to gain popularity, I just do what I think is right.

As to Jarlek, ladder isnt weird, its just steep....and how from there you could fall it beyond me, it connects to the roof, requires no jumping, so stop making shit up, if you cant manage to master the 5 basic movement controls (preset w,a,s,d and space bar) then go Native, and choose Tutorial, they teach you the movement controls there.
Good thing we can respond politely :rolleyes:

And no that is not an easy jump from the ladder to the first roof. Especially not in any kind of armour and with an archer shooting at you, impossible (unless archer is fail). Everyone have already agreed on this and I just mentioned the secound jump because that would be another chance for you to shoot them when they tried to get to you. Don't camp unreachable/hard to reach places. That should also be how they worded it in server rules.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2011, 03:59:34 pm »
Nah, Ill keep standing is common sense places since I dont like to make it TOO easy for the armoured cav: I dont camp behind fences or on roofs if theres not a mass of guys on the other team in plate with armoured horses. I'm not gonna endlessly suicide to make their epeen hard, thats silly: Logically, if I cant stand where an archer WOULD stand, they cannot ride horses either. Simple!

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2011, 04:01:01 pm »
Nah, Ill keep standing is common sense places since I dont like to make it TOO easy for the armoured cav: I dont camp behind fences or on roofs if theres not a mass of guys on the other team in plate with armoured horses. I'm not gonna endlessly suicide to make their epeen hard, thats silly: Logically, if I cant stand where an archer WOULD stand, they cannot ride horses either. Simple!
Yes, cause on the server with 10 people there were a "mass of guys on the other ream in plate with armoured horses"  :rolleyes:

Why not go with the pikeman and the hoplite like the rest of the team?

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2011, 04:13:47 pm »

Honestly now your bullshitting, you have to be really lucky/glitchy to get there.