Author Topic: NA Unban essays  (Read 2266 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: NA Unban essays
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2011, 08:10:19 am »
Derr..beta tester?

Yup, beta testers, there are a couple of EU guys wandering around with Beta Tester as their forum rank (you can search for them) and supposedly a few NA guys will get that too eventually!
And I thought this game wasn't a job...

(click to show/hide)

We reserve the right to expect everyone to read the stickied newbie guide in the newbie section and post their name and class. Sorry that it was too much like a job to do that.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2011, 08:11:52 am »
Yup, beta testers, there are a couple of EU guys wandering around with Beta Tester as their forum rank (you can search for them) and supposedly a few NA guys will get that too eventually!
Well yeah, I knew that, but what exactly did they do to get the rank? I coulda sworn cRPG is and always will be in beta?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2011, 08:12:53 am »
Well yeah, I knew that, but what exactly did they do to get the rank? I coulda sworn cRPG is and always will be in beta?

Now that I have no clue on how they are chosen.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Cosmos_Shielder

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • French Connection Leader
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores
  • Game nicks: Roland De Gilead
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2011, 08:16:23 am »
North American should do their essay wuth an european langage which is not english. So all european will see their suffer eased , if NA have to endure the same pain that is writting in a foreign language :D

Offline espooo

• Banned hacker
  • Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • I am always getting hunted down.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Companies of Calradia (Bridgeburners)
  • Game nicks: Espo_BRD
  • IRC nick: Espo
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2011, 08:16:36 am »
We reserve the right to expect everyone to read the stickied newbie guide in the newbie section and post their name and class. Sorry that it was too much like a job to do that.

I love being casual, yet active when I can. Life is good, but this game is not my life. When you write for a job/clan application, it just leans towards work. Would you rather spend your hours working a real job or playing a game for 14 hours a day?

Just here to give my 2 cents. (Even though it is completely off-topic and I am sorry for that)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 08:20:33 am by espooo »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2011, 08:17:26 am »
North American should do their essay wuth an european langage which is not english. So all european will see their suffer eased , if NA have to endure the same pain that is writting in a foreign language :D

But we have massive amounts of fluent French and Spanish speakers. *shrugs*
I love being casual, yet active when I can. Life is good, but this game is not my life. When you write a job/application, it just leans towards work. Would you rather spend countless hours working a real job or playing a game for 14 hours a day?

Just here to give my 2 cents. (Even though it is completely off-topic and I am sorry for that)
Two sentences... Not much of a lean towards work.
Here was my "paperwork"
Tears_of_Destiny
Dedicated Archer

And a few weeks later my "application" consisted of two or three sentences saying I had played with yall for a bit so do you want me in or out? And I put a Yes/No standard poll.

Sorry if I fail to see how this leans too much towards work. *shrugs* Your post that I quoted is about as much effort as all of our paperwork combined.

To each their own.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 08:22:29 am by Tears_of_Destiny »

Offline espooo

• Banned hacker
  • Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2011, 08:33:54 am »

And a few weeks later my "application" consisted of two or three sentences saying I had played with yall for a bit so do you want me in or out? And I put a Yes/No standard poll.

Sorry if I fail to see how this leans too much towards work. *shrugs* Your post that I quoted is about as much effort as all of our paperwork combined.

To each their own.

I see that my "No offence" post didn't stop you.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2011, 08:37:20 am »
I see that my "No offence" post didn't stop you.

(click to show/hide)

I did not take offense, well and truly, just as you keep responding I do so in kind as that is normal conversation. *shrugs*

I assumed that your "posting too much" comment was a jest especially considering your "eyeroll" emoticon response and such even though I was on topic, so I then returned the favour and "poked" back out of amusement. After that, we both started lightly talking about the application process and how much it resembles work.

Not a big deal, and I am very relaxed right now.

EDIT: On a more serious note, I don't see the big deal of me posting often, so relax  :P hehehe  :wink:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 08:42:03 am by Tears_of_Destiny »

Offline espooo

• Banned hacker
  • Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2011, 08:44:04 am »
I did not take offense, well and truly, just as you keep responding I do so in kind as that is normal conversation. *shrugs*

I assumed that your "posting too much" comment was a jest especially considering your "eyeroll" emoticon response and such even though I was on topic, so I then returned the favour and "poked" back out of amusement. After that, we both started lightly talking about the application process and how much it resembles work.

Not a big deal, and I am very relaxed right now.

EDIT: On a more serious note, I don't see the big deal of me posting often, so relax  :P hehehe  :wink:

And so...the conversation ends.

Well...

Time to keep drinking. Thanks for the fun.

(click to show/hide)

Offline ShinySpoons

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RS
  • Game nicks: AltOfSpoons
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2011, 04:04:45 pm »
So...I can look foward to reading high school level essays from na when I'm bored then...Yay.

Offline Cosmos_Shielder

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • French Connection Leader
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores
  • Game nicks: Roland De Gilead
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2011, 10:40:08 pm »
But we have massive amounts of fluent French and Spanish speakers. *shrugs*Two sentences... Not much of a lean towards work.
Here was my "paperwork"
Tears_of_Destiny
Dedicated Archer

To each their own.
And German! Why do we always forget Germmaaaan? Are you a chocolate chip cookiephobe?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2011, 10:51:59 pm »
And German! Why do we always forget Germmaaaan? Are you a chocolate chip cookiephobe?

In my experience German is not as widespread in the US as the other languages I listed, and is one of the "secondaries" such as Italian that is mostly prevalent in select few regions and not at a national level.

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2011, 10:56:55 pm »
Do you want me to answer that quesstion.