Author Topic: Current Upkeep System Doesn't Belong In C-RPG  (Read 5475 times)

Offline Draulius

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 77
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Upkeep System Doesn't Belong In C-RPG
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2011, 05:04:01 pm »
You never replied to the chadz quotes which I posted. Now who's spamming?
Yes I did, I just edited my post back there to reply to them.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2011, 05:04:26 pm »
You're on the highway to getting banned, spammer.
No, you.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2011, 05:04:52 pm »
Stop spamming my reports.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2011, 05:05:27 pm »
Stop spamming my reports.

Stop reporting our spam!
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Draulius

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2011, 05:05:55 pm »
No, you.
Please stop, my precious thread is going off-track. There are things to be discussed and we are not discussing them.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2011, 05:07:23 pm »
Please stop, my precious thread is going off-track. There are things to be discussed and we are not discussing them.

No there is nothing to discuss. You want it removed, chadz said not going to happen after the last patch. What's else is there to say? Everyone here has argued against you. If you don't like what the devs are doing, then go and take your gaming somewhere else. As chadz said, he is making the mod the way he wants it to be. Nothing you can say will change that. They may tweak upkeep a bit, but I'd imagine the new strat is their prime concern at the moment considering that crpg is fairly well balanced at the moment, with only some smaller tweaks needed.

There was a reason chadz posted that extensive post, and it was to stop all the 'remove upkeep' threads that were springing up. You can argue against him, the other devs and the majority of the player base all you want, but it's going to change nout.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 05:09:12 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Draulius

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2011, 05:08:52 pm »
No there is nothing to discuss. You want it removed, chadz said not going to happen after the last patch. What's else is there to say? Everyone here has argued against you. If you don't like what the devs are doing, then go and take your gaming somewhere else. As chadz said, he is making the mod the way he wants it to be. Nothing you can say will change that.
It's not final. There's still tweaks that could be done to the Upkeep, obviously. It's still problematic! My thread is hungry for replies and you're not letting him eat! You horrible person.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2011, 05:10:05 pm »
It's not final. There's still tweaks that could be done to the Upkeep, obviously. It's still problematic! My thread is hungry for replies and you're not letting him eat! You horrible person.

If you think there are tweaks, go and make separate threads for them. Not one titled 'Upkeep System Doesn't Belong in C-RPG'.

I'll see you in those new threads.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 05:12:24 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Draulius

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2011, 05:12:09 pm »
If you think there are tweaks, go and make separate threads for them. Not one titled 'Upkeep System Doesn't Belong in C-RPG'.

I'll see you in those new threads.
I fixed the topic title for you, then. And by tweaks, I meant there's still fixes that could be done. The system right now is obviously imperfect. That's why I made this thread, but apparently you think it's already final and you're trying to end any discussion. Why? Chad never said more won't be done, in fact he said the opposite.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 05:14:13 pm by Draulius »

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2011, 05:14:40 pm »
I fixed the topic title for you, then. And by tweaks, I meant there's still fixes that could be done. The system right now is obviously imperfect. That's why I made this thread, but apparently you think it's already final and trying to end any discussion. Why?

I said it was final because you said nothing about tweaks. You wanted upkeep completely removed or essentially completely revamped. There's a reason why your post is hidden with -14 on it.

Several people posted decent replies to you. But you're the kind of person who isn't happy unless they are running around all the time in expensive gear.

Yes there are tweaks needed, and there are plenty of more constructive threads related to this. But go ahead and suggest some tweaks. Tweaks are completely different to 'remove it or change it completely'. Which was your original argument.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
Re: Current Upkeep System Doesn't Belong In C-RPG
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2011, 05:18:14 pm »
Frankly Overdriven, i think your patience should be praised, you are amazing, dunno how you do it.
But the guy, seriously, he is stronger than all Balton, Michael and co.
I'll try to be like you one last time:

Draulius, you don't want upkeep anymore, and you said it needs tweaking, what do you suggest?

Offline Draulius

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2011, 05:19:51 pm »
I said it was final because you said nothing about tweaks. You wanted upkeep completely removed or essentially completely revamped. There's a reason why your post is hidden with -14 on it.

Several people posted decent replies to you. But you're the kind of person who isn't happy unless they are running around all the time in expensive gear.

Yes there are tweaks needed, and there are plenty of more constructive threads related to this. But go ahead and suggest some tweaks. Tweaks are completely different to 'remove it or change it completely'. Which was your original argument.
Or "tweak it completely". Same thing. Still relevant.

Anyway, I find it funny you ruin my thread, and THEN you try and force me to make up for the discussion you just destroyed. You're a big bully, that's what you are. I bet those -14 votes are for you. If you have nothing good to say, then say nothing at all!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 05:35:31 pm by Draulius »

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2011, 05:24:30 pm »
Frankly Overdriven, i think your patience should be praised, you are amazing, dunno how you do it.
But the guy, seriously, he is stronger than all Balton, Michael and co.
I'll try to be like you one last time:

Draulius, you don't want upkeep anymore, and you said it needs tweaking, what do you suggest?

Ah I'm bored at home (finished work last week) and my girlfriend is seeing her friends today. So I have spare time to waste  :lol: I can argue with this guy all day.

Or 'tweak' it completely. Same thing.

Anyway, I find it funny you ruin my thread, and THEN you try and force me to make up for the discussion you just destroyed. You're a big bully, that's what you are. I bet those -14 votes are for you. If you have nothing good to say, then say nothing at all!

People like you fuel my aggressive forum posting. It's nice to get it out of the way in stupid threads so that when I find a constructive thread I can argue sensibly  :)

How would -14 votes be for me? They would be on my post if they were. And you can only vote once. So that's 14 different people hating your post so much they decided to - it (you can view the list of the voters). That's something fairly rare btw. It's not common for that many people to - a post. It's reserved for those which are just nonsense.

I didn't ruin your thread. I posted chadz reply to anyone who wants the upkeep system completely changed or removed.

Small tweaks are needed. Everyone knows that, this is a mod still in development after all. But go ahead and be constructive and suggest some tweaks. Otherwise no one is going to take you seriously. Rather than just moaning about the fact you can't wear your best gear 24/7.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 05:26:57 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2011, 05:26:47 pm »
+1
If you have nothing good to say, then say nothing at all!

It seems you should have better not write in this forum, because except crying and whining you have nothing to say.

Ok, now, everybody is waiting for your suggestion.

Ps. : as you didn't answer to all the post asking for you to give us your suggestion, i bet you will not answer to this last one...

Edit : it's -15 now...

Offline Draulius

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2011, 05:27:37 pm »
Ah I'm bored at home (finished work last week) and my girlfriend is seeing her friends today. So I have spare time to waste  :lol: I can argue with this guy all day.

People like you fuel my aggressive forum posting. It's nice to get it out of the way in stupid threads so that when I find a constructive thread I can argue sensibly  :)

How would -14 votes be for me? They would be on my post if they were. And you can only vote once. So that's 14 different people hating your post so much they decided to - it (you can view the list of the voters). That's something fairly rare btw. It's not common for that many people to - a post. It's reserved for those which are just nonsense.

I didn't ruin your thread. I posted chadz reply to anyone who wants the upkeep system completely changed or removed.

Small tweaks are needed. Everyone knows that, this is a mod still in development after all. But go ahead and be constructive and suggest some tweaks. Otherwise no one is going to take you seriously. Rather than just moaning about the fact you can't wear your best gear 24/7.
I never said I was bothered by not wearing the best gear.

Here's what I suggest: There should be a reward for winning a whole game. Not a round, but an entire game. It'd also help get rid of quitters. Also, the Upkeep could be reduced by a small fraction.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 06:05:57 pm by Draulius »