Author Topic: [NH] - Norse Horde (NA) - retired  (Read 80235 times)

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Re: [NH] - Norse Horde (NA) - Recruiting TEAMplayers
« Reply #315 on: March 29, 2012, 01:38:06 am »
Viking no ingrish, viking crush

Kiss, your quote is all wrong. It should be..

IF IT BLEEDS, WE CAN KILL IT

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 04:36:19 pm by Digglez »

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #316 on: March 31, 2012, 06:30:08 am »
Throwing lances are scary, but then, you have to dedicate your entire build to using them and you can only possibly carry 4.  It's like an archer with super deadly arrows, but only 1 per quiver and it's a 7 PD bow.  Not only do you have to screw your character over to access it but then you hardly get enough ammo to bother with.

And while the throwing spear-type weapons are all relatively dangerous, they are super hard to master because, I think, you get too little ammo and they're damn hard to see anyway.

An archer can eventually learn to get good because he probably fires an average of 20 shots per round.  More if he doesn't get lanced early on.  A thrower probably throws an average of 8 weapons per round.  It's just harder to get experience with them.

But throwing axes are big and slow.  I think they're much easier to see and therefore get a feel for and you're more likely to recover them for more throws.

Plus there's just so much more comedic value to hitting someone in the head with a throwing axe rather than a spear of some sort.  I can't put my finger on why, exactly, but it's at least 10x funnier.

And (AND!) that heirloom mod makes +3 heavy throwing axes look great and they really stand out on the ground against the other, lesser axes.  I used to suggest for people to get +3 gloves before anything else because it's good bang for the buck.  My new advice is +3 heavy throwing axes.  Unless maybe you plan to be a spearman or something.  Throwing + unsheathable weapons is kind of a pain.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 06:32:49 am by Slamz »
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline BlackWhite

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't matter if you're Black or White
    • View Profile
    • Join the Ravens of Valhalla Today! The only NA Viking Clan
  • Faction: Raven
  • Game nicks: BlackWhite
« Reply #317 on: April 02, 2012, 12:59:52 am »
Nice to see so many people on lately. 

Offline Loupen

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Commm | Comm | Communist | Commmm | Priest_of_East
« Reply #318 on: April 02, 2012, 05:00:26 am »
i gave diggles a message but he has not been on steam or in-game since i have been on. i am interested in joining. I already wear the right equipment. I am a 1h cav using a shield that also had high ironflesh and some athletics in case i am taken off my horse.

I have a positive ratio mostly and my best score is 13/0 (not amazing but i never said i was amazing or a very good player at that)

Thank you. i have skype ts and vent mumble etc.

Thank you, plz consider me.

Offline Vok5

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Québécois et fier de l'être
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: NHr_Yero
« Reply #319 on: April 07, 2012, 08:49:43 pm »
Does someone want a loom point ? I'll have one to sell soon. I'm thinking about maybe 625k.

Offline BlackWhite

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 08, 2012, 08:30:03 am »
I ride a horse... and wield the mighty Morningstar... I am awesome!

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 08, 2012, 11:29:35 am »
I ride a horse... and wield the mighty Morningstar... I am awesome!

i saw several good very light bumps that ended up getting your morning star into peoples foreheads, wewt

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 08, 2012, 04:28:26 pm »
German Poleaxe vs Long War Axe: discuss.

I'm thinking of switching, assuming I can find a +3 long war axe someone wants to trade for a +3 German Poleaxe.

I like the poleaxe but can't escape the fact that it just doesn't feel very Nordic.  It's too fancy.  Not real sure I'm going to switch (the poleaxe does have a really excellent stab) but it's worth pondering.

I'm also open to other sheathable polearm ideas (that are at least vaguely Nordic, i.e., no bec).  I don't want to do unsheathable polearms (like the spears) because it's not very compatible with throwing.

I'm not that interested in going back to 2H either because 2H just has no variety.  The 2H axes are all unbalanced, which sucks.  I have enough trouble parrying things without having to deal with an unbalanced weapon on top of that.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #323 on: April 08, 2012, 06:26:29 pm »
Long War Axe is amazing. Try it, you'll love it. Ask Stigr if you don't believe me. It is the perfect balance of length, damage, and speed. Breaks shields to boot! And don't underestimate that 16 blunt thrust...

Offline MrPink44

• Count
  • Renown: 245
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Frisian Freedom
  • Game nicks: Mr_Pink_Frisia, Flying_FrnchFries
  • IRC nick: n/a
« Reply #324 on: April 09, 2012, 01:14:27 am »
The thrust still grants polestagger so I mean you get the look and the feel of a great polearm with the great anti-shield without the sillyness of one that doesn't fit your idiom.
 +Bitches be all over yo charismatic dick.
"Suck my mace." -Larry the Magical Cheetah
I will be a meatshield for my frisian friends! -Frug Frug MB
"Frisia.. urging clans to go to war with other clans for the lulz since 2012." -Tazer
"Are you not entertained?" -Leonidas, The Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 09, 2012, 03:24:29 am »
My polearm alt uses long axe and its pretty good and comparable to the war axe. 

I would definitely try out great long axe vs long war axe for awhile.  The added weight may help for the moderate cost increase

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 10, 2012, 08:29:51 am »
Was able to get a +3 Great Long Axe in an even trade for the German Poleaxe.

So far I like it better.  Aside from looking too fancy, the German just felt a bit odd when it comes to weapon length -- long enough to be a real danger to teammates but too short to really be useful as a poking-stick, despite the ever-present temptation to do so.  The Great Long Axe feels more like I'm used to with 2-handers, in terms of weapon length.  Not quite so clumsy in close quarters.

And now that I'm polearm I have a lot more diversity available to me.
Norse Horde

Offline BlackWhite

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 12, 2012, 05:31:55 am »
How'd the scrim go?

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
  • I liked cool avatars before they went mainstream.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Coy
  • IRC nick: Coy
« Reply #328 on: April 12, 2012, 06:44:56 am »
Potential Recruits Be Warned!

Though this clan may appear to be a good font of teamwork and friendship it is a sham!

Digglez is not new player friendly! Just today he called someone a "fucking idiot" simply for asking a basic question! Previously he has badmouthed his own teammates who he suspected were not present on TS, causing much tension and diplomatic insecurity! He is a controlling tyrant who would sooner insult his own teammate as to allow him into the shield wall.

His lack of empathy and schoolyard sense of responsibility may be fine for those who have no problem being someone's (for lack of another word) bitch. But I implore all those looking for fairness and teamwork with equality and friendliness to look elsewhere.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 12, 2012, 07:37:05 am »
Potential Recruits Be Warned!

Though this clan may appear to be a good font of teamwork and friendship it is a sham!

Digglez is not new player friendly! Just today he called someone a "fucking idiot" simply for asking a basic question! Previously he has badmouthed his own teammates who he suspected were not present on TS, causing much tension and diplomatic insecurity! He is a controlling tyrant who would sooner insult his own teammate as to allow him into the shield wall.

His lack of empathy and schoolyard sense of responsibility may be fine for those who have no problem being someone's (for lack of another word) bitch. But I implore all those looking for fairness and teamwork with equality and friendliness to look elsewhere.

yes, everyone should trust of the character judgement of someone dumb enough to put nude pictures of themself on the internet, then cry about it when people spread it.  Also the same person that lost admin rights due to being an immature emotional train wreckl.  Anyone who plays with me for 10mins on vent knows what kind of person I am, they dont need some stupid little girl to tell them.  So stay the fuck out of our thread

« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 08:46:39 am by Digglez »