Author Topic: Can't Sheath? One Slot!  (Read 1844 times)

Offline Mouse

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Mouse, Nezumi, Maus
Can't Sheath? One Slot!
« on: August 02, 2011, 01:39:29 am »
+3
The title is pretty self explanatory. I think it'd be really nice if weapons which you can't sheath only took up one item slot. This helps make a lot of classes more flexible and realistic. Knights could actually have a longsword, shield, and lance, for example. Shield infantry could carry a pike without having to downgrade their shield.

With this system you could also add the "can't sheath" property to some of the biggest weapons while simultaneously reducing them to 1 slot, encouraging some additional creativity in equipment. Archers might bring weapons along but leave them on the ground until needed, for example. Someone with a flameburger[sic] or long maul would have to drop it in order to equip their shield when faced with archers. You could even raise more shields to 2 slots without breaking builds that use both shields and large weapons. (Doing it by weight instead of size strikes me as rather silly too.)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 01:43:38 am by Mouse »

Offline Mouse

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Mouse, Nezumi, Maus
Re: Can't Sheath? One Slot!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 01:41:20 am »
-snip-

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 07:35:37 am »
+1
The title is pretty self explanatory. I think it'd be really nice if weapons which you can't sheath only took up one item slot. This helps make a lot of classes more flexible and realistic.

More flexible yes, but balance and realism have not much to do with each other and the first to be sacrificed is the latter.

Offline MouthnHoof

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: MouthnHoof
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 10:07:52 am »
I am all for it, but it should also mean that a lot more weapons get the "cannot sheath" flag.
This includes nearly the polearms and a few of the 2H weapons which are not bastard. Enough with the poleaxe Velcro attached the back and amazingly it also helps a lot with balance.

Offline tankmen

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 10:15:21 am »
i wish, miss having  heavy bastard sword, shield and lance... not that the shield really stops much but w/e
The purpose of wearing plate has become nothing more than crippling yourself to look like a knight... or maybe its my lack of athletics

Offline robert_namo

• Count
  • Renown: 170
  • Infamy: 55
  • I don't understand.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis "of the Stars"
  • Game nicks: Robert_Namo_Astralis
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 11:35:30 am »
I don't know how this is connected, but on the EU server my flamberge was sheathable whereas in NA servers its not. That would mean EU get 1 slot and sheathable weapons.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 12:23:25 pm »
i suggested this a while ago. Maybe not all weapons should be in this as it would just lead to archers using them again. I suggest maybe only some weapons such as pikes or lances.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 54
  • Late 15th cen. English Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 04:08:30 pm »
i suggested this a while ago. Maybe not all weapons should be in this as it would just lead to archers using them again. I suggest maybe only some weapons such as pikes or lances.

But if the polearms/2h weapons are unsheathable, then archers will have to drop them when switching to the bow. If they want to re-equip those weapons, they will have to remain in a pretty close proximity.

I am definitely for this suggestion and more polearms and 2h should be flagged unsheathable.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 04:09:37 pm by ArchonAlarion »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 04:43:31 pm »
I don't know how this is connected, but on the EU server my flamberge was sheathable whereas in NA servers its not. That would mean EU get 1 slot and sheathable weapons.

Was it the duel server?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011, 05:27:51 pm »
+1
2 slot polearms are in place to stop (in part) archers wielding elegant poleaxes.

Cos that's pretty silly.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MouthnHoof

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: MouthnHoof
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 05:54:07 pm »
2 slot polearms are in place to stop (in part) archers wielding elegant poleaxes.

Cos that's pretty silly.
The silly part is that it can be sheathed at all. If it is unsheathable, it could be 0 slot for all I care.

If the archer is willing to drop it to the ground every time he pulls the bow - be my guest! This is possible in real life as well. I highly doubt more than a handful of archers will do this because it means that the have to stop shooting and pick it up early when enemy is in the vicinity. It is also annoying as hell unless you camp one spot. The pickup mechanics are clumsy and this is not something you'd want to try infront of an enemy with a GLA coming at you. They also run the risk that a passing friendly decides to grab this masterwork elegant poleaxe that is just seem to be lying there on the ground - I know I will.

An unsheathable weapon means that it has to be used as primary. Engaging in melee first and shooting later defeats the point of being an archer.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2011, 06:12:15 pm »
I'd say make everything one slot! :D

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2011, 10:22:02 pm »
I am all for it, but it should also mean that a lot more weapons get the "cannot sheath" flag.
This includes nearly the polearms and a few of the 2H weapons which are not bastard. Enough with the poleaxe Velcro attached the back and amazingly it also helps a lot with balance.

sword of war is not bastard but have a scabbard so should stay sheatable. all the pure two handed swords have scabbards even if the model used in crpg lacks it. only the flamberge as far as i know never had a scabbard.