Poll

How does every one think the armor should be.

Change armor back to what it used to be.
Leave armor how it is now with the new never glance system.

Author Topic: QQ about armor.  (Read 5631 times)

Offline awesomeasaurus

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Awesomeasaurus
Re: QQ about armor.
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2011, 10:35:19 pm »
+1
I think you all tend to miss that a battle should be a team effort. Not you running into a group of people and massacring them by yourself because you have better armor.

Don't be such dumbass Rambos/Chuck Norri/Luke Skywalkers.

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2011, 10:41:22 pm »
I think you all tend to miss that a battle should be a team effort. Not you running into a group of people and massacring them by yourself because you have better armor.

Don't be such dumbass Rambos/Chuck Norri/Luke Skywalkers.

Pikes.
Many.

Nuff said.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2011, 02:16:44 am »
What makes him so special?

He actually has more than half a brain in his head and is probably the only dev that doesn't keep ALL internal development stuff or all that equation/calculation theorycrafting bullshit a national secret.

From what I've saw he's also the only dev that has yet to fuck something up in a patch.

All the other devs don't even play their own game and/or suck at it and then try to balance shit, completely failing it and then claiming it's the ~~~PINNACLE OF BALANCE~~~.

I would make love to Urist all night long.

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2011, 05:01:21 am »
I might point out for those who state that a higher probability of landing a glancing blow against heavy plate might cripple 1h sword users, or otherwise nerf their effectiveness: you are using a sword. Those do cut damage, save for the heartily nerfed thrust, and against a heavily armored opponent it only makes sense that they would glance more.

Now, were 1hers to only have access to swords, I might agree that it would be unfair to make armor once again more glance-tastic. However, 1h users have access to a wide variety of weapons, and whats more, those weapons only take up one slot each. I might suggest that in the event armor reverts to its (in my opinion better, given the recently increased monetary risk of using plate) glancey state, many 1h users may carry multiple weapons. A sword and a pierce or blunt weapon.

Now, I understand that many use 1h swords as secondary weapons, their primary being xbows or bows. I should point out that these people... have xbows or bows.
--------------------------------------------

Regarding this armor stuff... it will not be reverted, no matter how loudly the whine is.

Despite this, I shall bitch anyway. I personally think that, given the expense of armor, and its fucking coolness, it should make its wearer better able to shrug off the majority (ie, cutting) of attacks. I understand that strength builds are rather... strong in this game, however that issue is a stat based one, and should not be permenantly addressed by altering the items.

Now, I think I should remind everyone that this shit is almost entirely limited to battles and siege servers. I am sure that the developers aim to make the heart and soul of cRPG Strategus, and in Strategus the "plate problem" is practically a non issue. My limited experience suggests that plate is rarely seen in a strat battle, and that this will remain to be the case. The only time I've seen plate is when a clan had a few suits set aside for their most epic players (recently it was Goretooth in an ATS battle, so awesome). I might be wrong about literally everything I just said, though.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline ToxicKilla

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 8
  • For England, and Saint George!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Killmoar_the_Lone_Knight
  • IRC nick: ToxicKilla
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2011, 12:14:55 pm »
I was a long time heavy armor player, after the changes seems that even the heaviest of armors will fail to cause a powerstrike 1 wooden sword from glancing even when moving with the blow. I would like to ask humbly that the glancing be returned is it not enough that heavy armor nerfs my wpf and run speed making me slow and predictable ontop of costing a boat ton of cash. I spent a very long time learning how to fight in heavy armor learning when a blow would glance if I moved with it to time an attack. I would trade all damage soaking properties of my armor just to have the glance chances returned. I can no longer fufill my mental fantasy of being a big heavy armor juggernaut able to use my armor to my advantage. I emplore the chadz and crew to rethink this change or atleast make the heavy armor more appealing for its price beyond use vs allies and archers, as is it is more of a hinderance in melee than a use.
This.
I bought myself a set of full gothic plate, it was good, very slow, but people glanced and such making up for my slow speed. Two days later the patch comes out. Now, I can get much more kills using something like a gambeson.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2011, 04:44:18 pm »
This.
I bought myself a set of full gothic plate, it was good, very slow, but people glanced and such making up for my slow speed. Two days later the patch comes out. Now, I can get much more kills using something like a gambeson.

Use the gambeson then?  :wink:

No but srsly, sure it sometimes takes an annoying amount of hits to kill someone, but nowadays footwork is more important for causing glances than armor value, which is great.

People just wading in with full plate, relying on glances to spam ppl to death... that was not fun at all, much less "epic".

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2011, 04:48:22 pm »
cRPG tend to be skill based, if you only have to buy a plate armor to be good then it's not cRPG.

Keep it like it is.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2011, 06:00:23 pm »
The armor change is the best thing to happen to 1-handers. Sure it takes me more hits to kill someone, but I don't bounce off some jackasses x3 heirloomed plate all day long.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2011, 08:02:48 pm »
see more and more people scoring kills with 1h thrust these days, now that armor has changed.
Turtles

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2011, 08:10:13 pm »
Less glances was a good change. But overall I think armor was nerfed. Armor makes you slow, so usually when you take one hit, it means you are being ganked, and surviving one or two more hits won't change anything with the better armor reduce.

So I would support an overall price reduction on armors, but greater for heavy armors and lower for light armors. Something along the lines of -2,5k for 20k+ armors, -1k for 10k+ armors and -500k for 5k+ armors, ofc smoothed.

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 54
  • Late 15th cen. English Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2011, 09:15:22 pm »
screw that; make armor glance more than before and make it more expensive. Why even have it modeled as plate armor when it doesn't function like it? What is the point?

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2011, 09:30:33 pm »
screw that; make armor glance more than before and make it more expensive. Why even have it modeled as plate armor when it doesn't function like it? What is the point?

+1

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2011, 11:40:58 pm »

Game Balance

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2011, 11:52:28 pm »
armor is useless because of less (undeserved) glances. weapons useless because they need too many hits against heavy armor. wat do?

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2011, 12:33:44 am »
+1
armor is useless because of less (undeserved) glances. weapons useless because they need too many hits against heavy armor. wat do?

Wear weapons to protect ourselves and beat people with armor.