Author Topic: Moved Across Map  (Read 526 times)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Moved Across Map
« on: July 31, 2011, 08:42:59 pm »
After cancelling an attack on someone I got moved across the map and lost around 50 troops. Just reporting the bug. Anything I can do other than move way back across?

Offline Slantedfloors

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Slanted
Re: Moved Across Map
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 09:00:10 pm »
Pretty sure this intentional. Cancelling an attack counts as a loss and comes with a penalty, to prevent people from locking up armies without ever intending to fight.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 10:36:01 pm »
Intentional? What's the point in having a cancel attack button at all then. It was the first time I had used it  :shock:

Offline Slantedfloors

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Slanted
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 11:08:03 pm »
Intentional? What's the point in having a cancel attack button at all then. It was the first time I had used it  :shock:
The point is that you can cancel an attack, but it comes with a penalty - the ticket loss and map bounce. It's to prevent people from tying up enemy armies for 4 hours 59 minutes by declaring an attack, then cancelling and repeating. So cancelling the attack gives the same effect as losing a battle - you get bounced randomly around the map.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 11:09:09 pm by Slantedfloors »

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 11:11:24 pm »
The point is that you can cancel an attack, but it comes with a penalty - the ticket loss and map bounce. It's to prevent people from tying up enemy armies for 4 hours 59 minutes by declaring an attack, then cancelling and repeating. So cancelling the attack gives the same effect as losing a battle - you get bounced randomly around the map.

And then it takes over 2 days to get back? Dumb feature. Would surely be more sensible and probably not all that difficult to somehow code it that if you cancel an attack more than once, within a certain time frame, you get some kind of penalty.