Author Topic: The Risen vs Shogunate  (Read 7598 times)

Offline Kingtrisp

• Baron
  • Renown: 89
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
  • Conan What is best in life?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_KingConan
Re: The Risen vs Shogunate
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2011, 08:19:10 am »
In truth people can keep saying were lucky to play strat now and its a beta so you do not have to play and i can understand were your coming from i sadly do not get how some people can not understand that some of these problems are stopping us from testing the system at all and having a negative impact on the testing phase such as these the ridiculous spawn mechanic were the defenders just spawn camp the attackers... and of course the other problem of being hacked and stopping everyone from playing and obviously giving themselves an advantage, now i could point fingers at shogunate seeming as it was them who were defending but sadly i have no idea if it was them or perhaps just someone there acquainted with or perhaps even just a random crpg player thinking of the best way to troll i sadly have no idea but what i do know is that i would rather strat was taken down till it was atleast working because atm it is unusable and thus i see no reason to keep it up unless it is patched soon.

i am very much aware that the thing we all asked for months i am recommending to be taken down!  :shock:
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 08:20:17 am by Kingtrisp »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Graf_Hodenschaf

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Trade Guild
  • Game nicks: Graf_Hodenschaf
  • IRC nick: Graf_Hodenschaf
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2011, 08:38:48 am »
To be honest, we should be lucky that Strategus beta came when it did and not several months later. Stop complaining, it's been repeated time after time that we are just stress testing and a part of this testing is having to deal with bugs and other misfortunes. I say it's better that we have to deal with this shit now than later when everything is more important.

^ +1

Yes, people do invest a lot of their time into recruiting, raising gold etc. Again, this is due to probe what works and what doesn't. Granted, maybe because we are testing, things should have been sped up a notch. Like 2 troops an hour and 100% more gold gain from fiefs. This would have lead to a more enjoyable strat, for sure. But ultimately this is chadz & gang's decision, and I advise you all to respect it if you wish to even have a fully functional Strategus in the future. It's a lot of work for one person (assuming chadz is working on his own, with help from cmp), so just be patient. None of the developers are compensated for their work other than our appreciation, whatever our appreciation is meant to be. The other day, chadz left the crpg irc because of the amount of whining about Strategus. I can see how if this trend continues, we can kiss Strategus and any future patches good bye.

Also take into heavy consideration, this mod is only a bit over a year in age. Already, it is the first and foremost mod in Warband. No other mod has the same amount of active players as in c-rpg. People even buy Warband solely so they can play c-rpg. I think this speaks for itself, consider yourselves lucky to be able to take part in such a mod.

+1
I mean this IS beta, you are tester AND strategus will be restarted. So why are so many whining about playing, spending time and so on? I would also say, if you are not happy with the current status, stop playing and wait for the new strategus.

Funny thing is, when strategus was offline, so many guys asked about it and if chadz should restart the old strategus. Now its online again and people are whining about bugs ( in a beta version!!!! ).

@chadz
Thank you very much for putting strategus online again. I didnt play the first strategus and i learned a lot from the current strategus - i off course will benefit from that at the new strategus!!
Livestreaming crpg:  twitch.tv/beerman_aut

Offline Lars

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2011, 08:54:38 am »

Yes, people do invest a lot of their time into recruiting, raising gold etc. Again, this is due to probe what works and what doesn't. Granted, maybe because we are testing, things should have been sped up a notch. Like 2 troops an hour and 100% more gold gain from fiefs. This would have lead to a more enjoyable strat, for sure. But ultimately this is chadz & gang's decision, and I advise you all to respect it if you wish to even have a fully functional Strategus in the future. It's a lot of work for one person (assuming chadz is working on his own, with help from cmp), so just be patient. None of the developers are compensated for their work other than our appreciation, whatever our appreciation is meant to be. The other day, chadz left the crpg irc because of the amount of whining about Strategus. I can see how if this trend continues, we can kiss Strategus and any future patches good bye.

Also take into heavy consideration, this mod is only a bit over a year in age. Already, it is the first and foremost mod in Warband. No other mod has the same amount of active players as in c-rpg. People even buy Warband solely so they can play c-rpg. I think this speaks for itself, consider yourselves lucky to be able to take part in such a mod.

Ye, i totally i agree,but Imo  devs should  remove "capture the spawn" feature, i think it requires a  a huge amount of time to fix it properly, you have to add spawns to every map(or something like that) and test again if it works.
Defenders are already inside the village, isn't that an advantage? Or i dunno,maybe let defenders spawn 20 seconds before attackers,but anyway, IMHO, removing "spawn capture" system will only add more fun to the game.

Cheers

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2011, 09:04:45 am »
Plus, there will be a rollback, don't worry, when time comes everything will be wiped...

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2011, 09:17:05 am »
+2
Rollbacks, pausing, reimbursement ... That's not just a click of a button, that's a lot of manual work. Several hours, often.

Right now all spare time goes into bug and security holes fixing, and I know many things I'd prefer to doing this. But it has to be done.

Just giving back stuff that was lost would not help, it would just delay. Everything.

Time (and eventually motivation) is a rare resource for the dev team and we have to ration it carefully. Just doing a rollback or reimbursement - or even just pausing strategus - could actually take an entire day of our spare time. So developing halts, totally.

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2011, 09:18:29 am »
Rollbacks, pausing, reimbursement ... That's not just a click of a button, that's a lot of manual work. Several hours, often.

Right now all spare time goes into bug and security holes fixing, and I know many things I'd prefer to doing this. But it has to be done.

Just giving back stuff that was lost would not help, it would just delay. Everything.

Time (and eventually motivation) is a rare resource for the dev team and we have to ration it carefully. Just doing a rollback or reimbursement - or even just pausing strategus - could actually take an entire day of our spare time. So developing halts, totally.

Even when chadz sounds serious it seems he's sort of trolling us..

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2011, 09:48:43 am »
Rollback or not, our element of surprise has been totally swept away. :/

It's a shame people do these things, they are clearly not doing this to help the devs.
Else they would've just pointed out they found a loophole.

Sad.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline 3ABP

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2011, 12:47:48 pm »
And how are we supposed to fix these bugs, hackings and horrible balances without, you know, someone testing it?

That's exactly the reason why we brought strategus back in the old form, and that's exactly the reason why there is no public link to strategus in the c-rpg site.

Everyone is free to join or leave this beta test. Thanks to all the guys who are joining the test.

If in testing stage due to bugs\hacking\abusing\rules violation (whatever)  - players loose a stuff\tickets\etc,
then why do not just compensate it to those peoples?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 12:56:30 pm by 3ABP »
              [STR] Strangers Faction

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2011, 12:49:14 pm »
If in testing stage due to bugs\hacking\abusing\rules violation (whatever)  - players loose a stuff\tickets\etc,
then why do not just compensate it to those peoples?
Mate, first they will put hard work into fixing these things, and then, MAYBE, they will reimburse victims.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline 3ABP

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2011, 12:51:15 pm »
Well with this attitude you are not helping your community.
Everyone knows that this current strategus is BETA . The thing you don't understand is people are spending their time on pc instead of enjoying summer because everyone missed Strategus so damn much..
If noo one of players will not spent a time to this beta, and if here will not be a huge testing with a hunderts and tousands players - then beta newer ends. You know it?

If it's needed to just test a battles - then why just don't give a 10.000 tickets to one account and 10.000 to other.
And play 10 battles 1000x1000. It's easier? Not?

(click to show/hide)

P.s. for some of us it's a just a game between dinner and TV.
But for some part of players - it's more seriously. And we spending many hours\days\weeks\months to this game.
And if we loosing in 1 minute  result of months work - please try to imagine our feelings.
Loosing not because of our decisions, we did it well.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 01:04:42 pm by 3ABP »
              [STR] Strangers Faction

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2011, 01:28:43 pm »
P.s. for some of us it's a just a game between dinner and TV.
But for some part of players - it's more seriously. And we spending many hours\days\weeks\months to this game.
And if we loosing in 1 minute  result of months work - please try to imagine our feelings.
Loosing not because of our decisions, we did it well.

chadz said from the start that this version is for testing things for new strat, it was pretty clear that there will be a wipe before release of new version, if you didn't understand that and played this game like if it was a final version then you made the wrong decision.

At the end, when wipe will come, all your hours\days\weeks\months spend to this game will fade away.

This is a game, i don't know if you play for the fun or only for an internet victory, but obiouvlsy you should play for fun, there will be no victory.

Offline Varyag

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Merc_Varyag_
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2011, 02:13:00 pm »
chadz said from the start that this version is for testing things for new strat, it was pretty clear that there will be a wipe before release of new version, if you didn't understand that and played this game like if it was a final version then you made the wrong decision.

At the end, when wipe will come, all your hours\days\weeks\months spend to this game will fade away.

This is a game, i don't know if you play for the fun or only for an internet victory, but obiouvlsy you should play for fun, there will be no victory.

You forget one important thing: clan reputation. This strategus will be wiped, but your reputation, your perceived ability to defend yourself, your claims and your allies will stay and transfer to the next stage of strategus. If you loose battles now, next time you will be treated as a potential slave (vassal).
SO IT IS IMPORTANT.

Offline 3ABP

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2011, 02:30:55 pm »
Ok. We will not spend our time to Strategus. We will just apply for the battles.
But WHO will create those battles then? If all of us will just relax in this beta testing?

+1000
              [STR] Strangers Faction

Offline Donkleaps

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2011, 03:51:19 pm »
In my opinion Strategus needs to be frozen until the following problems are fixed:

1) Hacking loopholes are fixed
2) Equipment bug is fixed
3) Spawn system re-worked

Beta or no, its pretty much unplayable as it is. No one is having fun, its just causing misery all around.

War is misery!

Offline Kingtrisp

• Baron
  • Renown: 89
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
  • Conan What is best in life?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_KingConan
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2011, 04:00:59 pm »
You forget one important thing: clan reputation. This strategus will be wiped, but your reputation, your perceived ability to defend yourself, your claims and your allies will stay and transfer to the next stage of strategus. If you loose battles now, next time you will be treated as a potential slave (vassal).
SO IT IS IMPORTANT.

exactly^^ so for instance shogunate can just keep banging on about for example a couple of the big clans came to try and squash them and they ran in fear from our mighty armies!!