Poll

How does this Repeater Crossbow feel?

Awesome and Fun, would be great to add
too overpowered
No. Don't like the idea.

Author Topic: Suggestion: Machine Crossbow (Please Consider)  (Read 4439 times)

Offline Armbrust_Schtze

• Knight
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 110
  • cRPG Player
  • (being watched)
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Philip :)
Re: Suggestion: Machine Crossbow (Please Consider)
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2011, 01:27:29 am »
wheres the bullshit option?
This masterwork bolt will send you straight to hell Tincan!

Offline Peasant_Woman

• Earl
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Unofficial Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja, Ming, Companions, Cavemen
  • Game nicks: Peasant_Woman, Ninja_Ninja, Ming_Ninja, Companion_Ninja.
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2011, 02:07:29 am »
+2
I have some alternative stats which are both closer to reality and more balanced. The idea is to make this a weapon that is useful in the right situation and fun to play with...but that no sane player would use for a serious build made to top the scoreboard. Like the peasant clothes/weapons.

Repeating crossbow
Cost: 22,157+ Gold (This is an exotic weapon and therefore should follow the rules for exotic weapons - overpriced as hell.)
missile speed: 38 (Slower than a hunting crossbow, just as fast as a longbow. Very easy to dodge over long distances.)
weight: 4.5 (This thing has 4 bolts loaded in a wooden magazine, as well as being a pretty annoying shape to carry and use.)
accuracy: 85 (Worse than any other ranged weapon, including throwing.)
difficulty: 16 (Harder to use than an arbalest and an awkward number, meaning the user with either go to 18 str to have a normal build (with less wpf for accuracy) or play a 16 str broken build.)
speed rating: 12 (Slower to reload than an Arbalest, extemely vulnerable while reloading.)
max ammo: (4) (Enough to stun for a brief moment if they all hit, not enough to achieve a kill on a full hp target.)
thrust damage: 10-12 pierce (Enough to stagger and do a little damage, but in no way life threatening on its own. Only scary to naked guys at short range.)
slots: 2 (Awkward shape)
Can't reload on horseback
Can't sheath

Its only advantage is its rate of fire, just like in real life. Useful purely for stunning enemy players, firing into groups and being a weaboo.
What say you?
Before you write a reply, try and pretend you aren't a polearms/2handers user who is sick of ranged being responsible for 12% of thier deaths because it is unfair that you didn't get to just right click like a shielder or have your own ranged weapon.
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.
Guide to map making
My Maps

Offline Chaos

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Takeda
  • Game nicks: Chaos_Takeda, Spec_Ops_Chaos_Takeda
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2011, 06:28:05 am »
I have some alternative stats which are both closer to reality and more balanced. The idea is to make this a weapon that is useful in the right situation and fun to play with...but that no sane player would use for a serious build made to top the scoreboard. Like the peasant clothes/weapons.

Repeating crossbow
Cost: 22,157+ Gold (This is an exotic weapon and therefore should follow the rules for exotic weapons - overpriced as hell.)
missile speed: 38 (Slower than a hunting crossbow, just as fast as a longbow. Very easy to dodge over long distances.)
weight: 4.5 (This thing has 4 bolts loaded in a wooden magazine, as well as being a pretty annoying shape to carry and use.)
difficulty: 16 (Harder to use than an arbalest and an awkward number, meaning the user with either go to 18 str to have a normal build (with less wpf for accuracy) or play a 16 str broken build.)
speed rating: 12 (Slower to reload than an Arbalest, extemely vulnerable while reloading.)
max ammo: (4) (Enough to stun for a brief moment if they all hit, not enough to achieve a kill on a full hp target.)
thrust damage: 10-12 pierce (Enough to stagger and do a little damage, but in no way life threatening on its own. Only scary to naked guys at short range.)
Can't sheath

Its only advantage is its rate of fire, just like in real life. Useful purely for stunning enemy players, firing into groups and being a weaboo.
What say you?
Before you write a reply, try and pretend you aren't a polearms/2handers user who is sick of ranged being responsible for 12% of thier deaths because it is unfair that you didn't get to just right click like a shielder or have your own ranged weapon.

Should have slightly higher cut damage imo.

Otherwise these stats look gimped enough not to cause any real commotion, while still providing us with a new novelty item. And its not japanese and therefore cannot help us be weeaboos, although the consideration is appreciated.

Offline Duke

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2011, 09:04:52 am »
I already made a thread for the Chinese repeater awhile back:
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,7426.0.html

It was not met with a warm reception.

Offline Phalanx300

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2011, 03:17:33 pm »
+1
No new ranged weapon is. (Not that weird when everyone is playing 2 hander  :rolleyes:)

However if its balanced then there is no problem, something most people don't seem to realise. For example the Chinese Repeater would be able to fire multiple shots, however it would be more inaccurate then the other Crossbows and the damage would be lower then the other Crossbows. Reloading it would also take longer then the other Crossbows.

Same with an Arquebus. Higher damage then Crossbows. More inaccurate then the strongest Crossbow. Takes longest to reload of all ranged weapons.

With the above in mind how exactly would it be OP?   :? Even if something is it can be further balanced.

Too bad of too many narrow minded players on Warband.

Offline Armbrust_Schtze

• Knight
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 110
  • cRPG Player
  • (being watched)
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Philip :)
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2011, 03:28:55 pm »
better focus on fire arms!!
This masterwork bolt will send you straight to hell Tincan!

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2011, 02:04:24 am »
I found this is a very good idea and + it exist in real life!

but just to make this weapon a true weapon (aka not a troll weapon, a lulz weapon or a OP weapon) here my suggestion:

(click to show/hide)

here my information site on cho-ko-nu: http://www.arco-iris.com/George/chu-ko-nu.htm

so what do you say about my stat?
So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sir_Mateusz

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2011, 05:30:17 pm »
No Strider I think its bad idea.  We need THIS crossbow!

(click to show/hide)

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Late 15th cen. English Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2011, 08:37:27 pm »
I like the stats Isatis came up with, although the gold cost would need to be fiddled with after the initial introduction of the weapon.

Offline Phalanx300

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2011, 09:50:59 pm »
I think it should be made more realistic with the stats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo13R_fSvnI&feature=related

So accurate amount of bolts before reloading. So 10 Bolts. Long reload time. Inaccurate. Low Damage. It should be about the relatively fast rate of fire.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 09:53:59 pm by Phalanx300 »

Offline spaceoden

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2011, 08:51:58 pm »
I voted "too ideal for trolling/ Annoying" because I think you guys haven't considered what this will do to every other player. Anyone who won't be purchasing this will suddenly have a completely new and strange enemy they will have to adapt to. I don't think any mod for warband has heavily used repeating crossbows. So this feature hasn't been tested yet, especially in MP. chadz won't touch this with a ten foot pole.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2011, 09:15:36 pm »
Probably already posted, but I thought the timestamp would be prudent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JToxcNxED5I#t=1m

Also, the darts are severely low damage weapons, so they poisoned the tips. (paraphrase from the video).

GOOD TIMES. SOMEONE INTRODUCE POISON DAMAGE IN WSE, THEN WE CAN GET MAGES IN ON THIS WARBAND ACTION
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 09:18:50 pm by Dexxtaa »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Strider

• Baron
  • Renown: 110
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2011, 07:25:26 pm »
Repeating crossbow
Can't sheath

What say you?
These stats make the repeater xbow useless.  85 accuracy? no. 10-12 pierce? wth? What is this a pitchfork?    It should hav like 40 pierce damage. Waaay too many disadvanages. These stats make it unable to fire far, unable to hit anyone (innacurate), unable to kill (low damage),
I think this weapon should be unable to sheath and be 2 slots. It should be ideal for a pure xbowmen with a high wpf dedication (more than 140)

Offline Strider

• Baron
  • Renown: 110
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2011, 07:31:18 pm »
I changed the xbows stats. Hopefully this takes a better likeing.
Has lowest shootspeed outta all xbows. lowest acurracy.
It would not be effective without high wpf in crossbows. and must be used as main weapon. (Cannot shealth).
Also is 2 slots. So it cannot be used with a 2H or polearm or even a 1H and sheild.

I feel there has never been a reason to go pure xbow build. This will provide a reason.

Offline Mckillroy

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Must...kill...horse..archer SNOZZE U BUDDY
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Whose payin
  • Game nicks: Mckillroy, Militia_Captian
  • IRC nick: Mckillroy
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2011, 08:39:49 pm »
One thing you are proposing a crossbow that can fire rapidly and cause good damage similar to a light crossbow but cant be fired from horse like the light crossbow. Second thing, the reason their is no rapid fire crossbow to begin with is because it would make bows completely useless (except for horse archers but don't tell them i said that!). So sorry but no :|.  I predict a future of Fallen every were with death machines. And even with all the restrictions then no one will use it not worth a re download. :| :|
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 08:41:53 pm by Mckillroy »
!#$%*)% HOrse archer SCUM YOU LIttle @%&$^$*&