Memento_Mori
Kryser
Fuer_Grissa_Ost_Drauka
MadMac
Lestos
ZekeRage
Duc_Volpe
Argoth

Author Topic: Archives: The Old D'Haran Legions Thread  (Read 58372 times)

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
Re: [DL] The D'Haran Legions (Recruiting, NA, Strategus Faction)
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2011, 05:06:26 pm »
+1
Totally the Iron Mace.

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Sphinx_
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2011, 11:30:42 pm »
But if there was a very tiny red blunt stick with so much damage that'd be great :P It's very short so it's very hard to attack with it, but when you hit, holy cow you'd do great damage .... it's always fun to dream

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2011, 06:04:55 am »

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2011, 06:12:15 am »
Ha! Mori's Miraculous Blade takes the lead!

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2011, 05:17:14 am »
Ha! Mori's Miraculous Blade takes the lead!

Argh, I beat mori in a battle melee any day, but it's hard to duel him with his masterwork katana.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2011, 10:01:49 am »

That Image made me think of DL ....

Braeden at the front, Anders on one side with is xbow, Mori on the other and Sphinx in the back waiting for the good opportunity to throw a one-liner quote like "I am the law. Put down your weapons and prepare to be judged" (Judge Dredd ) or Braeden saying " At my signal, unleash hell " (Gladiator) =D

Doesn't it seem to fit perfectly, eh ? :P

*** Or Braeden is Darken Rahl and it's just Anders at the front, me in the back and Mori and Jeremy (sergeants) each side :P

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Kophka/Koschei
  • IRC nick: Kophka
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2011, 03:06:52 pm »
The rider came into Ilvia late that evening, as the sun was setting. It was obvious from the way he sat his horse that he had been traveling for some
time, but managing to keep atop his horse through a strong will.

"A Sarmacian!" came the whispers, as townsfolk looked on, "one of the plains Raiders!". Men hastily gathered  in knots, conversing while the women folk began to gather children and cooking food and rush them inside.
The whole time this was going on, the plainsman was dismounting and looking around the village square, looking slightly worn, but also faintly amused at
the hurried activity around him.

"What's going on, what is a Sarmacian doing here?,"men whispered to each other, "Is he a scout, are we going to be raided" "Hell no we aren't, we're D'harans, damn you, we'll fight!"

An old man came tottering up "Fools, every damn one of you! A Sarmacian coming here is an event, not a problem! They've been friends with D'hara since we even knew they existed in the East. Look at the man, he's worn out, tired, and looks hungry as hell. Try just talking to him, and giving him some of our D'haran hospitality. And send to the Lord Rahl, he's known to be good friends with the Sarmacian's Chieftan, he'll want to know we have a visitor".

Offline Braeden

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2011, 06:08:52 am »
When word came that the chief of the Sarmacians had shown up in Ilvia, Lord Braeden Rahl was pleased to have a problem that demanded personal attention.  Not only was it the arrival of an old friend, but it was an excuse to take a break from scouring the library.  Attempting to find a cure for the curse which prevented D'Hara's armies from marching was beginning to wear on him, too much time in the library and not enough on the battlefields was bad for both army and commander.  Hopefully the Sarmacian chief would bear some good news.

Descending from the height of the keep, he looked out at the tents which dotted the courtyard.  This was a pitiful castle, hardly deserving of the name.  Still, every man here would die to defend it, and that was all he could truly ask for in this empty land called Caladria.  Perhaps when the legions swelled with new recruits once more, they could seek better accommodations.

As he walked out the door, the soldiers snapped to attention.  “Lord Rahl!”  They were surprised too easily, lax, from all this time in camp.  He made a mental note to double their training regimen until the curse was lifted.

“Tell Captain Sphinx to assemble his troops.  He has an old friend of mine to collect.”

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2011, 07:33:40 am »
Kophka grinned as he saw his friend Braeden Rhal riding up. So far, Braeden was the first D'haran he'd seen that actually sat a horse like a rider, rather than a load.  The amusement he felt lifted his spirits a bit as he waved to his friend, but his purpose here was still on his mind. He was the last of his clan that he knew of, and he still had no idea how it had happened. Later that evening, over roasted meats and salt, and cold clear water, Kophka told Braeden what had occured.

"I don't understand what happened, but as we started to move west of Yalen, something changed in the spirits of my people. They became quiet at first, and often stopped to gaze at the lands around them, but not in the normal manner of wander lust. Some even spoke of stopping here and there, and resting for a while.

Then, one morning, many members of the clan were missing. When tracked, they were found to be at a local farmstead, offering assistance in return for a bed, and the right to clear land for their own. Being a free people, it saddened me to leave them, but it was their right. But it got worse. Before long, even my veteran men were stopping at villages, and finding work, and leaving the clan.
Soon it was just me and a few others, and I tried all I could to force them to keep the fire that had sustained our nomadic life for so long, and our love of war. But I relaxed my vigil for just a few nights, and they too were gone.

Now I am alone, and I haven't felt a single flicker to indicate my soul has lost the flame of vigor and love of battle. I don't understand what affected my people, and why I was immune. I know you are steeped in the lore of this land, and hoped you could help me to find an answer. I will leave my people to their wishes and settled fates, but I want to make sure that this does not happen again!

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2011, 07:14:22 pm »
Save RS slots on your Strategus roster.

We'll fight for you guys. Strategy AND combat skill ? Hell yeah.

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2011, 09:32:22 pm »
*Bump* + Vote for my Jarids as they kill more often Braeden than his axes kill me ! =D

(Damn you I was second in the poll now I'm 3rd)

Offline Braeden

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2011, 09:37:25 am »
(I'll put in the next post when I'm not really tired, Kophka)

We will certainly do so, Dexxtaa.  I think that our strengths will certainly compliment one another quite well on the battlefield.  I know I've been enjoying fighting with and against you guys recently on the TFO server.

Reminder to all D'Harans, remember to register on our private forums so we can discuss awesome private things.  Also, if you don't mind, please PM a contact e-mail address to Sphinx so he can do some other organizational stuff.

Oh, and I'll expand/reset the poll tomorrow.

Offline Braeden

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2011, 05:29:00 am »
Poll updated, simplified and reset!

We're still recruiting, so feel free to talk to myself, Sphinx, Anders or Kophka if interested in joining one of the finest groups of soldiers around.

Especially interested in archers, we have none and we need some good war/longbowmen to round out our ranged firepower.  Though as usual, we want everyone who is good with both ranged and melee weaponry and is looking for a good, sane group to fight with.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 06:00:15 am by Braeden »

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2011, 09:03:40 am »
I voted for Sphinx. I can nail him across a bridge with a jav, and I'm like "HA!". Then he throws back, and the animation doesn't complete. It should show me taking the jarid in the chest, then flying across the map, ending up pinned against a stone wall, limp and lifeless.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2011, 12:19:26 am »
+1
heh, i'm surprised someone usually votes with me for my self. :lol: