Author Topic: And finally people show their true colors.  (Read 55415 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: And finally people show their true colors.
« Reply #165 on: July 28, 2011, 07:00:18 pm »
Mercs are not a Big Faction. Big is like the Fallen/Grey/LLJK where they have 80+ active members (not counting Vassals). That is big.

They are, however, pretty decently sized, and sort of large comparatively, and rather wealthy when looking at how many members they have (I have to admit, the Mercs do have a nack for making and keeping Gold and Land).
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 07:02:25 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #166 on: July 28, 2011, 07:03:46 pm »
Cool story, bro. Especially the Bandits part, who actually were in the desert fighting their own battles vs Turks, bugs & immature lying kids, when you decided to spread your manure all over the central part of the map.  :wink:

Also: what latvian said: if you call Mercs a big faction then you obviously don't know what big means (i recon that's what its like to be used to only small "things" in life).  :wink:

So you weren't mercing and helping out the mercs when you got up here???  I didn't say when, my silly pug-nosed friend.  I simply stated the obvious that saying they are getting ganged up on when they just finished doing the same thing is kind of silly.   If you look at the battles, they don't have that many less troops than us as they have the assistance of multiple clans.  If they were not so arrogant as to go send 3700 troops to go off and attack recklessly, this never would be possible as we would have less than 1 for 1 on all these village fights on EU ping.  You can only blame bad strategical decisions for that failure.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #167 on: July 28, 2011, 07:04:19 pm »
so grey order it is :D

/Disclosure:  I'm in no way involved in the hospitaller's diplomacy
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #168 on: July 28, 2011, 07:04:23 pm »
Yeh, I guess we Americans handle it much better when Mercs, Wolves, Bandits, CotgS, and a very large clan to the west sending troops and equipment to them were ganging up on us.  Maybe we are a little more mature over here and don't whine and lie and try to blame everyone else when a GAME doesn't play out how we want it too.

Also, I'm ultraviolet light.

Actually this is a nice try Keshian. But you forget to meantion how this all started.

You backstabbed us by attacking our villages, while you said you had no interest in our lands. Then the whole musical chair thing began with the villages.
We beat you guys. and at that point you were bringing in other clans, to start backstabbing us.
Then us mercs had to decide, and we brought in reinforcements of ourselves.

You forgot how we beat you, and how immature and arrogant you were before the whole Emerin thing.

And with the stuff your writing now, you show us how immature you are. Not being able to think about your own actions, but rather point the finger. You lie and manipulate.

Im definatly looking forward to strat being whiped.... and see the demise of BRD

« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 07:07:10 pm by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #169 on: July 28, 2011, 07:06:26 pm »
"History is always written by the winners. When two cultures clash, the loser is obliterated, and the winner writes the history books-books which glorify their own cause and disparage the conquered foe. As Napoleon once said, 'What is history, but a fable agreed upon?" Dan Brown (The Da Vinci Code)
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 28, 2011, 07:08:15 pm »
Not entirely true. Spanish won over aztecs, but we all know 'em for the scum they are  :wink:

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #171 on: July 28, 2011, 07:09:09 pm »
Every single word said by me is truth  :rolleyes: And i think that there is a post of HRE member who admits that it's true...

And I'm a bit tired of all this Strategus anti-merc conspiracy. I'm not having fun fighting at deep night  :rolleyes:

i'm HRE? Ive never seen you in TS? Show me the post that says we talked to you...

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #172 on: July 28, 2011, 07:09:46 pm »
Not entirely true. Spanish won over aztecs, but we all know 'em for the scum they are  :wink:

True, hehehe, but it did take several hundred years for it to be proven that Cortez was a filthy liar and did in fact make heavy use of Natives and did not singlehandedly conquer the Aztec Empire... That con artist! All this after the Spanish Colonists stopped being Spanish Colonists, so in a way... they rewrote the rewritten history.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 07:10:49 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 28, 2011, 07:12:35 pm »
Actually this is a nice try Keshian. But you forget to meantion how this all started.

You backstabbed us by attacking our villages, while you said you had no interest in our lands.
We beat you guys. and at that point you were bringing in other clans, to start backstabbing us.

Sooooo... pretty much anyone that attacks you is a backstabber??  Thats the general consensus I get from you guys.  Do you expect no one to ever attack you with your humble and generous diplomacy?? (in last strategus you were never attacked so you never had to lose, your old leaders were far more capable - both diplomatically and strategically).

Losing one battle to an issue with only 1 spawn point (which chadz has already fixed) doesn't mean we were beaten.  You brought in the wolves and when you tried to take a village we took one from you and the other one from the wolves.  When we saw you had Cotgs, Bandits, Wolves, and Mercs all allied together along with DaveUKR going out west with 0 troops and coming back with exactly a 1000, we allied with the Blackrose and gave them Amere.

I honestly will have great fun whether we win or lose, but you guys are acting like sore losers even before you lost - you will always not really enjoy this game, it will only ever be about feeding your egos.

If you win you will gloat and troll and spew your arrogance all over the forums, if you lsoe you will bitch and moan and talk shit about everyone who attacked you.  Me - I won't gloat afterwards and I sure as hell won't whine like a little bitch.

P.S. Just to clarify the Free Companies of Calradia is basically a bunch of small clans that try to help each other succeed in Strategus - so far it includes Bridgeburners (BRD), Cavalieres, and Corns.  We actually are also gathering in other small clans and helping them out with places to recruit or sending assistance in other forms and also helping out new people to Strategus.  So when you keep saying BRD it really doesn't gather the whole picture.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 07:48:50 pm by Keshian »

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #174 on: July 28, 2011, 07:14:45 pm »
+1
Yeh, I guess we Americans handle it much better ...
indeed, your own alliance were supported by a second alliance from the start, well played.
This second alliance has tight bounds to at least one other major faction.
Then playing out a grudge as pretext as against a lot of them held against mercs because yes they were bigtime in the start.
That and that the mercs have some of the most skilled players gives my respect to the mercs.

Yeah they got perhaps sometimes an attitude and sometimes they troll, in some of those cases they wouldn't have had a future in my clan.
Then again you want to judge the whole player community of the mercs because of some trolls of them?

I can see the time and effort and the long planning behind that and for what i learned so far from strat if that goal is reached, it is was only the first step to the next war, the next goal.

today mercs, afterwards  caladria?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 07:19:49 pm by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #175 on: July 28, 2011, 07:15:34 pm »
Ok, lets try this again:

when Mercs, Wolves, Bandits, CotgS, and a very large clan to the west sending troops and equipment to them were ganging up on us.

So you weren't mercing and helping out the mercs when you got up here???  I didn't say when, my silly pug-nosed friend.  I simply stated the obvious that saying they are getting ganged up on when they just finished doing the same thing is kind of silly. 

I ganged up on no one. The reason i got up here (a few days ago) was to help some old friends who started to get ganked by you and your allies.

Lets just make one thing clear: I wasn't here when it started but now I am and I'll stay to the end.
As for the Strat itself: in some final version of it i won't have any problems losing & getting wiped but if that happens I'd prefer it to be because someone outsmarted me on the map and organized his men better, and not because i trusted some pathetic jerk on TS who told me he'll just take his 4000 men on a walk & sightseeing through my villages and then attacked me during the night while i was asleep and couldn't even organize a decent defense.  :wink:
Nothing personal ofc, this is just beta, we are all testing & learning.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #176 on: July 28, 2011, 07:17:08 pm »
missclick to quote
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 07:18:17 pm by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #177 on: July 28, 2011, 07:19:26 pm »
Kesh What are you, boy, if you are not poison? Memorable quotes for Rocknrolla 2008

Did you rant on my topic right from the very start? you did, Did you announce your glory before the battle and got humiliated? you did. After that you and your clan mates asked me to take it easy on you on forums? you did.

Why am I arrogant now? I didn't come to your claims, I didn't start flaming on your topic, I didn't announce the battle results before the battle....list goes far too long. Yet now, you got 7K extra support and you are all same again. Last week I used to read your apologies to your clan mates about how you failed on forums. Am I arrogant? so be it, but what I'm yesterday is what I'm now.

so..

What are you, boy, if you are not poison?

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 28, 2011, 07:21:05 pm »
indeed, your own alliance were supported by a second alliance from the start
well played. This second alliance has tight bounds to at least to one other major faction.
Then playing out a grudge, a lot of them held against mercs because yes they were bigtime in the start.
That and that the mercs have some of the most skilled players gives my respect to the mercs.

Yeah they got perhaps sometimes an attitude and sometimes they troll, in some of those cases they wouldn't have had a future in my clan.
Then again you want to judge the whole player community of the mercs because of some trolls of them?

I can see the time and effort and the long planning behind that and for what i learned so far from strat if that goal is reached, it is was only the first step to the next war, the next goal.

today mercs, afterwards  caladria?

+1, I have to say you are the classiest guy among the group.  I really enjoyed the battle at Ayyike as you Wolves seem like stand-up guys.  Maybe in another map we would have been allies.  I wish you the best.

P.S. I am still a little surprised that you have stuck by the Mercs after how little they have helped you.

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #179 on: July 28, 2011, 07:22:54 pm »
Sooooo... pretty much anyone that attacks you is a backstabber??  Thats the general consensus I get from you guys.  Do you expect no one to ever attack you with your humble and generous diplomacy?? (in last strategus you were never attacked so you never had to lose, your old leaders were far more capable - both diplomatically and strategically).

Losing one battle to an issue with only 1 spawn point (which chadz has already fixed) doesn't mean we were beaten.  You brought in the wolves and when you tried to take a village we took one from you and the other one from the wolves.  When we saw you had Cotgs, Bandits, Wolves, and Mercs all allied together along with DaveUKR going out west with 0 troops and coming back with exactly a 1000, we allied with the Blackrose and gave them Amere.

I honestly will have great fun whether we win or lose, but you guys are acting like sore losers even before you lost - you will always not really enjoy this game, it will only ever be about feeding your egos.

If you win you will gloat and troll and spew your arrogance all over the forums, if you lsoe you will bitch and moan and talk shit about everyone who attacked you.  Me - I won't gloat afterwards and I sure as hell won't whine like a little bitch.

Saying on thing, but doing the other. Is backstabbing, when it comes to this situation.

Also again you point the finger to us, for taking the spawn point in Amere. And we had you retreat with minor loses.
But you seem to have no trouble locking us down on the field, attacking us. without signing up any attackers. So we can only defend, by taking your spawn... and you retreat with minor too no losses at all.

And i dont see this stuff as whining or w/e you want too call it.
If you win you will gloat and troll and spew your arrogance all over the forums, if you lsoe you will bitch and moan and talk shit about everyone who attacked you.  Me - I won't gloat afterwards and I sure as hell won't whine like a little bitch

At least we might. But we will do it after the battle's and not before the battle's... were not as arrogant as you are Keshian.
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk