Author Topic: Balanced unbalanced weapons ?  (Read 1719 times)

Offline Sean_Drew

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: no faction
  • Game nicks: my secret ;-) Only 4 chars now : 1h/shielder , 2h , xbower , archer. The other 25 chars are deleted.
Balanced unbalanced weapons ?
« on: January 17, 2011, 03:53:51 pm »
Hello Everybody !

I ask myself , what´s the difference between balanced and unbalanced weapons ?  :?:

What´s the advantage of a balanced weapon .... or the handicap with unbalanced weapon ?

I ask a little late, cause i have an unbalanced weapon now .... , but i could start a new char , if that´s not a good idea to run around with an unbalanced polearm.

I like to run around , with a heavy weapon, that can crush shields ... so i thought a great long bardiche where a good thing ?  :)

I just started , with crpg ....

P.s.: I´m german , so sorry for mistakes ^^ :-)
Sorry , my english is bad ... ;-) I do my best :-)

Offline Espu

• The good
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Espu
Re: Balanced unbalanced weapons ?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 07:36:15 pm »
Unbalanced means that you can't stop the swing after you have released it. This makes fighting slightly harder, as you cannot feint and have to be more careful overall - once you swing, you swing all the way. It's not necessarily bad, just different.

Balanced is not opposite to unbalanced in this case. Balanced is one of the heirloom modifiers, giving the balanced weapon some extra damage and speed.

Offline Sean_Drew

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: no faction
  • Game nicks: my secret ;-) Only 4 chars now : 1h/shielder , 2h , xbower , archer. The other 25 chars are deleted.
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 10:01:18 pm »
Thank You , Vargas.

Now i understand it much better, and i try some feints with a not unbalanced weapon. Didnt know that ...

I Understand the possibilities, with feints and if u are a skilled fighter , with blocks and feints and so on ..... very interesting.

I think i will create another char , for fighting fast ( maybe with a balanced weapon ) with feints and the other char to hit hard , without feints ( unbalanced ) ^^

Thank you very much ! I thought all the time , balanced is the opposite to unbalanced , and didn´t knew , what it means . Thx !
Sorry , my english is bad ... ;-) I do my best :-)

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 10:18:58 pm »
You can feint with unbalanced weapons but you have a very short time to do it unlike normal weapons.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 10:20:43 pm by Vexus »