Author Topic: Version 0.233  (Read 27286 times)

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
Re: Version 0.233
« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2011, 07:35:46 pm »
You can pop up the menu when you are dead.
The Admins on the server won't go trough the hard work of checking the log files because they just put a rotation up that they like. They don't care about our interests, only theirs.  I mean, why bother?
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2011, 08:16:57 pm »
I would assume that if they add a voting system for maps, it means that they intend on checking the votes, otherwise why bother adding it in the first place?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2011, 08:28:16 pm »
I would assume that if they add a voting system for maps, it means that they intend on checking the votes, otherwise why bother adding it in the first place?
Well, I guess they intend to, but seeing as how little use people have for the menu system(except for the: CHARGE! spammers);  I don't see why people would start using it now.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Avatar_of_Strife

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 28, 2011, 10:09:53 pm »
Shut up, you are a fish.  :o I've tried to update my crpg by extracting the files directly into my crpg folder, but when I go in game it tells me I am still out of date? Ive seen this same issue in several other posts on this thread (beneath all the mindless banter) and think it's time someone answered them so we can all get to playing.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #94 on: July 28, 2011, 10:13:17 pm »
Shut up, you are a fish.  :o I've tried to update my crpg by extracting the files directly into my crpg folder, but when I go in game it tells me I am still out of date? Ive seen this same issue in several other posts on this thread (beneath all the mindless banter) and think it's time someone answered them so we can all get to playing.

Did it ask you to overwrite stuff?

If not, extract it to a "dummy" folder and then drop and drag the contents to c-RPG.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Avatar_of_Strife

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 28, 2011, 10:52:54 pm »

The overwrite screen came up and I OK'ed it, but it hasn't worked. I will try that, thank you.

Offline Penchik

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • cRPG Player
  • Be a Pyro! Burn the world!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Penchik
« Reply #96 on: July 31, 2011, 03:28:22 pm »
FIX THA DAM SPAWN TIME
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
TROLOLOLING PYRO

Offline BcBKC

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kill Cult
  • Game nicks: KC_BcB
  • IRC nick: BcB
« Reply #97 on: August 01, 2011, 02:28:34 am »
People already abusing respecing on gen1 characters for no upkeep. Plated chargers + plate with no upkeep is going to get old really fast.

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
« Reply #98 on: August 01, 2011, 06:37:07 am »
People already abusing respecing on gen1 characters for no upkeep. Plated chargers + plate with no upkeep is going to get old really fast.
Ah but theyre peasants with good armour basically, seems balanced to me.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #99 on: August 01, 2011, 07:04:32 am »
+20 is no longer peasant, particularly with good armor. Respecing should remove the free upkeep.
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project

Offline Quallen

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: KC_Quallen
« Reply #100 on: August 01, 2011, 05:28:09 pm »
Ah but theyre peasants with good armour basically, seems balanced to me.

Baggy really knows how to ride that line between awesome troll and autism.  I'm sorry I didn't realize peasants wore churburg and rode around on plated chargers. Those poor downtrodden lower class people =(

No the problem isn't random people exploiting this, its the organized clans that started doing this first having multiple free mammoth tanks driving around crashing into groups at opportune times.  I certainly won't begrudge other clans trying this now as they're just attempting to level the playing field.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #101 on: August 01, 2011, 05:29:16 pm »
I am not too worried because your characters will be garbage in a strat battle due to the low level.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #102 on: August 01, 2011, 05:42:32 pm »
chadz is aware of this even if he doesn't figure ou in the first place, imo he'll find a solution.

Problem for this is respec, may be once you respec your char you must pay upkeep even if you are under lvl25.

Sure ppl could create alts to exploit this system, but as said ToD it's only a cRPG problem

Offline Quallen

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: KC_Quallen
« Reply #103 on: August 01, 2011, 06:33:56 pm »
+1
Sure ppl could create alts to exploit this system, but as said ToD it's only a cRPG problem

I like how a game thats currently subject to wipe at any time is the "real" game. Anyway it does affect strat due to it being abused at the clan level giving the exploiting clans a better 5x train than they could earn other wise which last time I checked means more gold in strat.

chadz is aware of this even if he doesn't figure ou in the first place, imo he'll find a solution.

Oh I'm sure he will too. Every patch since I started playing c-rpg has improved it and kept it moving in the right direction. The devs do an excellent job, I'd say they put out the kind of mod work that gets one hired by valve. In the mean time I'll just have to be disappointed in the clans that started this exploiting of a feature designed to help new players get into the game. This is why we can't have nice things
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 07:08:32 pm by Quallen »

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #104 on: August 01, 2011, 11:32:14 pm »
+1
I like how a game thats currently subject to wipe at any time is the "real" game. Anyway it does affect strat due to it being abused at the clan level giving the exploiting clans a better 5x train than they could earn other wise which last time I checked means more gold in strat.

Oh I'm sure he will too. Every patch since I started playing c-rpg has improved it and kept it moving in the right direction. The devs do an excellent job, I'd say they put out the kind of mod work that gets one hired by valve. In the mean time I'll just have to be disappointed in the clans that started this exploiting of a feature designed to help new players get into the game. This is why we can't have nice things

You don't gain money in strat with an alt, meaning it's useless for clan to exploit this system, and don't forget you need to be gen 1, meaning only an alt would fit as veterans are almost all gen xx, so i guess if clans exploit this system it's more for the fun.

I see strat as the real game (but it's personnal) because these big battles are epic, but to be honest i'm waiting for v2, there will be more depth and content, more things to do on the map.