Author Topic: maybe eazy solution on archery/throw op  (Read 1975 times)

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
maybe eazy solution on archery/throw op
« on: January 17, 2011, 12:52:23 pm »
ok so im new been playing for 2 weeks, heirloomed once and lvl 30 now, playing as a full 2hander , even if i were to use a low lvl shield (witch is specificly for ranged cover)  it breaks with 1/2 hits and they headshot or footshot  me with it up, because i always and really always get hit by throw and archers and usually 1/2/3 shot, imo the reason for this is that the movement is slow ( i have athletics 7 ) compared to the draw speed and throw/arrow projectile curve, a logical solution imo is slightly lower archery/throw damage and increase the draw time by like 1/2 sec depending on the ammunition damage, imo this wouldnt nerf ranged classes tomuch, and might even force them to work together. well back into a server :) cya,
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
Re: maybe eazy solution on archery/throw op
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 01:04:10 pm »
archery is fine the way it is right now. the throwing balancing could be done as was posted in another thread by making WPF a requirement to actually hit something.

archers are already screwed if you are close.
you are not supposed to run straight into them with your shield up and kill them all...

and no i am not an archer. i play pretty much everything but an archer ;)

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 01:09:33 pm »
ok so im new been playing for 2 weeks, heirloomed once and lvl 30 now, playing as a full 2hander , even if i were to use a low lvl shield (witch is specificly for ranged cover)  it breaks with 1/2 hits and they headshot or footshot  me with it up, because i always and really always get hit by throw and archers and usually 1/2/3 shot, imo the reason for this is that the movement is slow ( i have athletics 7 ) compared to the draw speed and throw/arrow projectile curve, a logical solution imo is slightly lower archery/throw damage and increase the draw time by like 1/2 sec depending on the ammunition damage, imo this wouldnt nerf ranged classes tomuch, and might even force them to work together. well back into a server :) cya,

Lol. Yeah, in real life a stone doesn't fly at half the speed of an armored man running backwards.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 01:56:24 pm »
the point im making is that its very eazy to guess where to throw, even when the target is trying really hard to walk in different directions to dodge, and now if u dodge something, the next throw is nearly directly comming after it, so imo a slight gap between throws will improve the ballance

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 02:00:40 pm »
the point im making is that its very eazy to guess where to throw, even when the target is trying really hard to walk in different directions to dodge, and now if u dodge something, the next throw is nearly directly comming after it, so imo a slight gap between throws will improve the ballance

Try it.

It's nearly impossible to hit an aware target with throwing unless they move in a predictable pattern and are ver close.
On top of that, archer draw speed was allready severely nerfed in the last big patch and throwing weapons were made so slow you can go make yourself a cup of tea before you dodge it.
Only if you're too close it get's harder to dodge, but it's still even harder for the thrower to hit you.

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 02:12:43 pm »
i beg to differ :) i get killed 8/10 times getting close to a thrower, no matter how unpredictable i move,
even seen throwers just standing at point blank range of a shielder and waiting for him to start swing , then do a sertain headshot, but ah well just my opinion

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 02:19:22 pm »
damage is ok, but reduce accuracy... xbow should be more precise than bow, not the same

Offline FICO

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Bandit_FICO
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 02:19:42 pm »
ok so im new been playing for 2 weeks, heirloomed once and lvl 30 now,
man, you play alot!

A fighter is more dangerous, starved, sick, injured, sleep-deprived, drunk and naked than the normal person is well-fed, healthy, whole, rested, cold sober and armed to the teeth

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 02:25:13 pm »
i beg to differ :) i get killed 8/10 times getting close to a thrower, no matter how unpredictable i move,
even seen throwers just standing at point blank range of a shielder and waiting for him to start swing , then do a sertain headshot, but ah well just my opinion

to the 8/10 times dying: obviously you move VERY predictable...
the shield swing headshot... fail by the shield guy as he can just run into the thrower and make it impossible for him to hold the throw ready for release.
to be honest i think you just miss some indepth knowledge about some game mechanics aka more playtime.

Offline Sir Perd

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 02:26:39 pm »
Archery is good as is. I have played it earlier.

However I agree that Javelinthrowers need to be nerfed. They can take out a new Javelin in no time at all and it really should be harder than even being a archer as they do lots of damage with a throw.

Offline FICO

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Bandit_FICO
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2011, 02:31:46 pm »
well if you face thrower, blame your team, not mod

A fighter is more dangerous, starved, sick, injured, sleep-deprived, drunk and naked than the normal person is well-fed, healthy, whole, rested, cold sober and armed to the teeth

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2011, 03:17:38 pm »
thats true blame team :), well basicley the thing is this, i do not dodge predictable, its just that terain can really slow u down , like if u walk in a straight line u pick up speed yes>? well when u try dodging u lose that speed and are once again pretty eazy to hit, my observation is that good ranged wait for this ''slowing'' part and then shoot for eazy killings, imo once again increasing draw time would be an eazier fix then adjusting movement hindering from terain , or implementing a short stamina burst for some kind of sprint. most op is a thrower with javelins and a huscarlshield, basicly rofles arround in mid combat still owning, archery i just find very annoying but i know im not yet knowligable about all the game mechanics :) learning thow, and yes i play abit to much  :lol:

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2011, 03:22:39 pm »
There is your problem if you want to dodge try not to use A or D to move sideways but turn with the mouse while your running forward this way you don't lose speed.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2011, 03:30:48 pm »
ehm yar thats something i kinda already realised at lvl 2, but thx XD. Most maps have alot of hight difference and archers are usually on those hights thats the prob. u go from reasonable speed to oh wait my shoelases are untied il walk really slow so i wont trip, oh shit  arghghgggkgg, ''gurgling sounds'',, dead . btw: same after a jump dodge, u back at gear 1 in speed and the archer draws faster then u pick up speed. kinda makes sence to see a prob there right ? but well i  think il stop repeating myself :D thx for reading and reacting thow  :)

greetings, rufio
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 03:33:27 pm by rufio »

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2011, 03:45:56 pm »
Im a shieldless 2h and dont have much trouble with 1 thrower, they arent that hard to dodge, you should indeed just spasm with the mouse and theyll miss a lot. Of course you do get hit once in a while, but hey you are a 2h, what do you expect. Throwing is a bit overused, not that op, and should be made less attractive but not nerfed. The thigns you suggested would really kill archery, btw this should be in game balance discussion subboard.