Author Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 154121 times)

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #255 on: November 11, 2011, 05:31:25 am »
EPIC GAME!!!!

I've only done 3 quests so far, but I've already been playing 5 hours because I look at everything for a long time cause it looks so awesome!
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #256 on: November 11, 2011, 06:15:53 am »
200 MB until I jizz my pants.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Apsod

• Duke
  • Renown: 698
  • Infamy: 98
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Donate a few denari to the farmers of Calradia!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Apsod
« Reply #257 on: November 11, 2011, 06:59:16 am »
I am stunned. I have benn playing for 6 hours straigth. It is amazing. :shock:

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 11, 2011, 07:33:32 am »
Skyrim sucks.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 11, 2011, 07:41:31 am »
Explain Xant :P

More first impressions, people!

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 11, 2011, 07:48:17 am »
because i don't have it yet
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 11, 2011, 08:09:14 am »
That makes perfect sense

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 11, 2011, 08:24:47 am »
I am now installing Skyrim, it no longer sucks.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline MrShovelFace

• Baron
  • Renown: 119
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Nobody cares about who I am or what I think
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 11, 2011, 09:31:21 am »
+2
To clear things up:

Blocking is no longer that optional thing you could do to preserve health like it was in oblivion
Unless you are playing on novice with a large weapon that one hits everything you will block or you will die
In skyrim you have to time your blocks until the last moment to maximize damage dealt.
You can no longer disregard blocking as unimportant and left click your way to victory. On anything above adept you CAN be two-three shot by common opponents with twohanders but if you block you can take roughly twice the amount of hits if you arent using a shield and have no shield perks.

Skyrim DOES have a stagger effect that comes into effect when you charge forward with a power strike. Seems to happen far more often with two handed weapons, particularly battle axes.

Fatigue no longer is some insignificant bar that nobody pays attention to. If you run out of fatigue in oblivion you suffer a minor damage penalty. Big fucking woop. In skyrim you suffer a damage penalty and if your fatigue drops below a certain level you cannot attack. Not confirmed but I believe damage reduction from blocking drops like a bomb

Hope this lets people know that the combat engine is a great improvement over oblivion.
 You just cant go into it expecting to spin thrust 360 chamber block imperial soldiers like a boss
One can not expect Skyrim to be M&B or street fighter [although I can dream]

Other Notes:
Devs recognized the huge problem with level scaling everything like they did in oblivion as it made leveling rather pointless. I am not yet high enough level to verify but they claim there will be easy challenges that make you feel like a boss and very hard yet possible challenges that humble you regardless of your level meaning gone are the days when you have to hit trolls 30 times in the face because you are level 34. I can verify being humbled in barrow downs playing on expert it took my about 5-7 tried to kill that damn spider thing without using the expoit of standing on the otherside of the doorway

There are no spears. Keep crying maybe they will listen next time.. probably not

and for the record

Stealth thief/ninja/naruto characters = gay
Magical mage/gandalf/ganondorf      = Gay
magic/warrior                                 = Bi
scrub faces who want to duel wield cuz it looks cool  = same my old friends that only ever play sniper classes in FPS games 
Warrior with a mother fucking battle and a fork beard = Straight
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 10:02:39 am by MrShovelFace »
Nobody cares about who I am or what I think

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 11, 2011, 09:38:44 am »
To clear things up:

Blocking is no longer that optional thing you could do to preserve health like it was in oblivion
Unless you are playing on novice with a large weapon that one hits everything you will block or you will die
In skyrim you have to time your blocks until the last moment to maximize damage dealt.
You can no longer disregard blocking as unimportant and left click your way to victory. On anything above adept you CAN be two-three shot by common opponents with twohanders but if you block you can take roughly twice the amount of hits if you arent using a shield and have no shield perks.

Skyrim DOES have a stagger effect that comes into effect when you charge forward with a power strike. Seems to happen far more often with two handed weapons, particularly battle axes.

Fatigue no longer is some insignificant bar that nobody pays attention to. If you run out of fatigue in oblivion you suffer a minor damage penalty. Big fucking woop. In skyrim you suffer a damage penalty and if your fatigue drops below a certain level you cannot attack. Not confirmed but I believe damage reduction from blocking drops like a bomb

Hope this lets people know that the combat engine is a great improvement over oblivion.

You just cant go into it expecting to spin thrust 360 chamber block imperial soldiers like a boss
One can not expect Skyrim to be M&B or street fighter [although I can dream]

It looks like they put quite some work in redoing the combat system, because this sounds very awesome. I also noticed that melee animations look fantastic.

I have a question: Can you fight in 3rd person without being handicapped too much? I never liked fighting in first person.

Offline MrShovelFace

• Baron
  • Renown: 119
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Nobody cares about who I am or what I think
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 11, 2011, 09:43:53 am »
i have no problems

I forget what Oblivion did for hit detection but im near positive that Skyrim uses the weapon model for hit detection so what you see your character doing effects if you hit. Your character is also more receptive to turning with the camera in third person even when in the middle of a power attack so you can actually be more effective by being able to see whats behind you and turn to attack it mid swing. One of my person epic moments slaying a draug creeping behind me by turning 180 degrees WHILE doing a power attack overhead lol strike with a great axe.

There is also a somewhat convenient/omnipresent/annoying xhair to guide your aim in third person.

they claim to be using an over the shoulder camera but i only get it when i put away all my weapons. When your weapons are out the camera snaps to the center.

EDIT: Actually i just realized the battle axe has nine million ghost reach so all the twohanders might be using the same range

SHIT I JUST REMEMBERED THAT EXECUTIONERS AXE AT THE BEGINING OF THE GAME I WANT THAT SHIT
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 10:03:51 am by MrShovelFace »
Nobody cares about who I am or what I think

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #266 on: November 11, 2011, 10:37:54 am »
Is there still the possibility to backpedal firing arrows at the enemy with higher agility like in Oblivion? I remember just going straight into the tournament area and running backwards with a bow and arrow spamming until they fell over from the weight.

I always enjoyed Oblivion but archery was so damned easy!

I know that seems rather stereotypical of me but practically every game I play, I am an archer of some description and i'd like to know if it will be a challenge like the melee actually is (ie, I can't just shoot as many arrows as I want, I actually have to fight in melee at some point, like in cRPG).  :rolleyes:

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 11, 2011, 10:44:32 am »
There's no athletics thing in Skyrim.

Also, melee combat feels a LOT better than in Oblivion. In addition to what Shoveldude said, it now feels like your attacks have weight, you know? Instead of just slashing a stonewall.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #268 on: November 11, 2011, 11:00:22 am »
Starting out as a cat using claws but realised that I can't unequip magic to empty handed via hotkeys which is fucking retarded. Playing 2h warhammer orc now, smashing stuff with crafted stuff.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 11, 2011, 11:10:26 am »
+1
Meet (imprisoned :cry: ) Xant!