Author Topic: Best Players on NA cRPG  (Read 17026 times)

Offline hippy_with_a_scimi

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balbaroth since the dawn of times
Re: Best Players on NA cRPG
« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2011, 01:55:23 am »
i also want to give a special star for best ladder man : Partyboy !  mad skillz ladder placement

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #91 on: July 27, 2011, 02:09:14 am »
+2
And so, the third incarnation of this thread rises again, along with the traditional retarded "your personal opinion is invalid and here is why" arguements which ignore that "best" is an extremely subjective term, like saying "who was the biggest dinosaur?" (when working at the museum, we had several ways of answering based on weight or height or length etc).

The c-RPG life cycle continues.

If words are weapons then I think you're the finest duelist in this community.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #92 on: July 27, 2011, 02:44:51 am »
Lulz? i bet when you faced me i was a 30/9 build with heavy armor on. 18/21 is footwork central. Except now in seige every noob spammer has a chance to kill me because i hold too much
You aren't good enough yet to boast. You're better than 2 months ago, though.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Huey Newton

• Duke
  • Renown: 555
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Huey_Newton
« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2011, 03:24:02 am »

really then why are the most kills by 2h and polearm? obviusly there is because people  like balbaroath and tankmen are above and beyond any shielders. if there wasnt much to it then every shielder would be up top. im a shielder and terrible

2h and polearm can deal much more damage in a shorter period of time. Shielders have a much easier time against ranged than 2h and polearm. Not getting shot to hell helps.
if you're a shielder and you're terrible its a reflection of your skill and not the class.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2011, 03:39:43 am »
also man of war, i'm sorry i forgot.
Turtles

Offline Kaelaen

• Count
  • Renown: 163
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
    • H2O Kaelaen's Youtube Videos
  • Faction: Blandiloquent Rampallion Deutereagonists (BRD)
  • Game nicks: Kaelaen_BRD
  • IRC nick: Kaelaen
« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2011, 03:40:14 am »
To Huey -

I don't think shielder is an easier class to play, just different.  Maybe it's easier in the sense that a new player can pick it up and do well with it easier than starting off without an auto-block, but I _know_ I'm at least worse with a shield because I am just not used to the speed decrease I get whenever I put it on.  I heavily prefer one-hander no shield to one with a shield simply because the shield encourages me to use the RMB, and I hate that button.
-idlewind

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2011, 03:40:37 am »
+1
nobody has ever made me angrier at this game than jim_candy's candy ass on that cataphract.

anyway, galgorth, cyranule, miley, allers, leonidas, rhaelys, robert namo, tydeus, goretooth are all very good

e: a tournament would be cool, though i think the only restriction should be no looms because player customization is the reason most people play crpg afaik, if someone wants to fight goretooth in a tunic with a cudgel so be it
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 03:43:45 am by a_bear_irl »
FREE ALLERS

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2011, 03:53:42 am »
e: a tournament would be cool, though i think the only restriction should be no looms because player customization is the reason most people play crpg afaik, if someone wants to fight goretooth in a tunic with a cudgel so be it

did that make sense for anyone else?

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 27, 2011, 04:12:22 am »
did that make sense for anyone else?

huh? that's not hard to follow at all.

A tournament would be cool. People talked about restricting gear earlier in the thread, I argue that since a major component of C-RPG, and arguably the main draw of the mod, is player customization (i.e., buying and equipping equipment and leveling up) it doesn't make sense to restrict gear. As an example, if someone wants to fight Goretooth, noted for his use of heavy gear and an OP weapon, with peasant (i.e., very cheap) gear, he should be allowed to.

However, since heirlooms are only obtainable through large amounts of playtime, and the tournament would be a test of skill, not a test of poopsock capacity or inability to obtain and/or hold a job, they should be disallowed.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 04:15:00 am by a_bear_irl »
FREE ALLERS

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #99 on: July 27, 2011, 04:29:50 am »
A tournament where everyone wears the same armor would be satisfactory
Just a soldier

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 27, 2011, 04:35:54 am »
A tournament where everyone wears the same armor would be satisfactory
everyone with tunic over mail.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline GK_Leonidas

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 27, 2011, 04:37:49 am »
huh? that's not hard to follow at all.

A tournament would be cool. People talked about restricting gear earlier in the thread, I argue that since a major component of C-RPG, and arguably the main draw of the mod, is player customization (i.e., buying and equipping equipment and leveling up) it doesn't make sense to restrict gear. As an example, if someone wants to fight Goretooth, noted for his use of heavy gear and an OP weapon, with peasant (i.e., very cheap) gear, he should be allowed to.

However, since heirlooms are only obtainable through large amounts of playtime, and the tournament would be a test of skill, not a test of poopsock capacity or inability to obtain and/or hold a job, they should be disallowed.

Honestly in my opinion  the only way to asses true skill in its purest form is everyone have the same stats and same weapon like in native, Everything else isn't balanced and different builds give advantages in melee. When I was NightWind, a fast assassin, I could hold my own against the best for a while, but I just didn't have the power to hurt them PS 5. I would have to hit them 4 times to their 1. With Gk_Leonidas power strike 8 I can inflict serious damage with  each blow. What do you guys think.

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2011, 04:39:02 am »
Honestly in my opinion  the only way to asses true skill in its purest form is everyone have the same stats and same weapon like in native, Everything else isn't balanced and different builds give advantages in melee. When I was NightWind, a fast assassin, I could hold my own against the best for a while, but I just didn't have the power to hurt them PS 5. I would have to hit them 4 times to their 1. With Gk_Leonidas power strike 8 I can inflict serious damage with  each blow. What do you guys think.
cRPG is all about the different builds and if someone wnats to use a gimp build its their choice.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 27, 2011, 05:02:13 am »
Standardize the armor and everything else is OK. Everyone can choose what weapon/ build they prefer to play with.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 27, 2011, 05:21:13 am »
>Top boards in siege ever since.

try doing it in battle for that to mean anything
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol: