Author Topic: Dismounting from a horse for 5 seconds doesn't make it "stray"  (Read 1856 times)

Offline LLJK_Brolocaust

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
For fucks sake it is impossible to try to help the attacking team on horseback, because if I want to deploy a ladder I have to do it FAAAR away from my teammates so somebody doesn't kill my horse in the 5 seconds that I leave it unattended. This happens all the time and my response is usually the same, I kill the person who kills my horse and this sets of a chain of chaos and mistrust. None of this would be necessary if the people on seige servers didn't act like idiots most of the time. It's not really a good idea to kill stray horses most of the time anyways because somebody on your team definitely wants it, just kill them if they are in the way.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Re: Dismounting from a horse for 5 seconds doesn't make it "stray"
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 08:36:02 pm »
I feel your pain and have this done to me quite a bit.  If I see anyone with the rage in their eyes, I will come at them with my weapon to warn them not to fuck with my horse, if they hit it anyway I'll TW them teach them a lesson.  Most people get the picture pretty quickly, if it doesnt belong to you, dont touch it.

Admins have not and will never be able to enforce stuff like not messing with peoples horses, so we have to defend ourselves.  Just like if someone is chopping a team ladder to the flag as attackers in the final seconds of a map, I'll kill them to save my win.

I really wish warband supported in-game text macro'ing like Quake/Halflife so I could just hit a key

bind x say_team "DO NOT HIT RED HORSE, REMOUNTING MOMENTARILY"

« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 09:06:19 pm by Digglez »

Offline tankmen

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 08:38:44 pm »
And if you try to cut my horse, he'll kick you in the face!-rubberbandits
The purpose of wearing plate has become nothing more than crippling yourself to look like a knight... or maybe its my lack of athletics

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 08:49:16 pm »
And if you try to cut my horse, he'll kick you in the face!-rubberbandits

hah would be cool if horse defended itself if owner was within proximity.  I wanna see my destrier go like a wild bronco and start headshotting people with back kicks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J95LsygVMaQ&feature=related

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 11:04:37 pm »
You dismount and it's not your horse anymore. It doesn't matter how many seconds or where this occurs. Any place close by can have a dismounted E cav player who just whistles and there you go. Anyone who provides horses for enemy players is infact aiding the enemy and should be dealt with accordingly. Same goes for teammates who don't kill stray horses.
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 11:51:10 pm »
You dismount and it's not your horse anymore. It doesn't matter how many seconds or where this occurs.

If I'm not 15ft from my horse, you better not touch it...or you'll regret it.

Enemies taking free horses is just an urban myth.  I've been cav for 3 generation and it RARELY happens on SIEGE, which is what OP was referring to.

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 12:17:48 am »

Enemies taking free horses is just an urban myth.  I've been cav for 3 generation and it RARELY happens on SIEGE, which is what OP was referring to.

What if someone doesn't care and won't regret it?

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 01:01:50 am »

BS. First thing enemy cav player does when they get dismounted is that they whistle. Even before they fucking get up. I have seen it a million times. It is my job on the field to follow enemy cav and they do it all the time and they manage to get away with a new horse very often.

Offline LLJK_Brolocaust

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 04:57:46 am »
You dismount and it's not your horse anymore. It doesn't matter how many seconds or where this occurs. Any place close by can have a dismounted E cav player who just whistles and there you go. Anyone who provides horses for enemy players is infact aiding the enemy and should be dealt with accordingly. Same goes for teammates who don't kill stray horses.

I am aware of this and most of the incidents I am talking about are when I dismount outside the castle to deploy a ladder or chop down a door, there are no enemies around. Even still I hardly ever see this happen, players in seige don't steal horses because most people don't use horses unless they have a specific purpose in mind. Regardless that doesn't give you the right to kill the horse, killing a teammates horse is a worse offense than giving a horse to the enemy, especially when one offense is intentional and the other is accidental. It should be easy to tell a stray horse from one that somebody is going to use again, but if you have any doubt DON'T kill the horse, it's simply a douche thing to do.

PS who are these idiots that dismount within whistling range from enemies? That has nothing to do with the incidents I have experienced.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 04:58:57 am by LLJK_Brolocaust »

Offline vinnytk

• Baron
  • Renown: 99
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: USA USA USA USA
  • Game nicks: USA_BARACK_OBAMA_AMERICA
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 05:49:15 am »

Spergs going around killing every horse in site are just jelly they aren't cool and have a mount
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 11:14:14 am »
You kill horses because you don't want enemy cav to mount it?
Plain stupid... This horse could have been mounted by one of your team mate...
Even more on siege, when i spawn as attacker i love to whistle and mount any horse to go faster to the backdoor, but if some stupid lad kill the horse it takes me age to go to that door...

If you don't like horses, kill them, but don't tell bs about enemy cav whistling...

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2011, 01:22:35 pm »
Oh so they're just content on staying as infantry then? My bad.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2011, 01:27:08 pm »
+2
You kill horses because you don't want enemy cav to mount it?
Plain stupid... This horse could have been mounted by one of your team mate...

+1

Oh so they're just content on staying as infantry then? My bad.

Exactly. Your bad. Not all of us are completely useless on foot like BlueGreen & Torben.  :wink:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 01:28:40 pm by Gnjus »
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2011, 01:37:28 pm »
I kill horses cuz of the whistlin my old friends who call for the horses all the time and a random idiot horse knocks me down in the midlle of the fight.

i no care about ur horsez! im going cav probably next gen so expect me back in this topic to whine about my pony getting slain by teammates. oh wait but i can fight on foot i can even block, well no big deal then. learn to melee crybabies mmkay  :wink:
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2011, 02:50:19 pm »
I really wish warband supported in-game text macro'ing like Quake/Halflife so I could just hit a key

bind x say_team "DO NOT HIT RED HORSE, REMOUNTING MOMENTARILY"

I use a Nostromo N52, which allows me to bind macro's to buttons. Works really well, i use my 'RIGHT, LEFT and CHARGE' macro's a lot. If you don't have an nostromo, perhaps you can achieve the same thing with autohotkey.