Author Topic: My build, please help  (Read 815 times)

Offline Loupen

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Commm | Comm | Communist | Commmm | Priest_of_East
My build, please help
« on: July 25, 2011, 07:25:04 pm »
    * Strength: 18
    * Agility: 18
    * Hit points: 65

* Skills to attributes: 2

* Ironflesh: 6
    * Power Strike: 6
    * Shield: 0
    * Athletics: 6
    * Riding: 0
    * Horse Archery: 0
    * Power Draw: 0
    * Power Throw: 5
    * Weapon Master: 6

* One Handed: 1
    * Two Handed: 156
    * Polearm: 1
    * Archery: 1
    * Crossbow: 1
    * Throwing: 1

This is my build i made on the calculator. I might trade power throw for shields and change 2h to 1h. I have tried a 36/3 str build on a STF char and i did ok. i tried 1h and 2h builds. I performed about the same getting 1 k/d ratio. I also made a xbow/pole user which was higher than 1 k/d but was fairly boring so i stopped. My main character (lvl 25 ninja) is now lvl 22 after respecing. This is why i am here, to gain apporval of this build or to be corrected if this build usual does not work out well.

Feel free to give me example builds and what weapons/items i should use with that build. Thank you a lot in advance.

WARNING: i only will spent 15k max on gear /  items due to upkeep. Please try to stay within that limit. I am usually around 10k though.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: My build, please help
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 07:28:06 pm »
Power throw (not counting the wpf penalties that armour gives you thus increasing the following number number) requires 13 wpf per PT, as with 1 wpf you will be throwing as if you had 0PT.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Loupen

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 07:30:19 pm »
ty for the reply. What advice would you give me (if any) on what to do since i can't do that? first of all do you think the build (not counting any throwing) is good? i still have about 5 points to spend, i just don't know what t do with them.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 07:36:56 pm »
If you have your heart set on throwing, then I am mostly clueless as the last time I went thrower the slot system did not exist and a lot has changed since then.

Putting some points in shields would allow you to close in during a range spam and survive. I know at least one top player who uses that tactic and does rather well.

Some players convert some points and for two hander do something along the lines of a 21/18 build, though I think I will leave such things to more qualified folks then me as I use polearms much more often then two handers.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Loupen

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 07:39:24 pm »
alright thanks. Yah i wouldn't want to go throwing, i just didnt know what to put points on and i thought it might be a good tactic to use against people not using shields. I do plan on going 2 handers over 1h unless someone gives me a good reason. 21/18 doesn't sound too bad maybe i will do that.

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 08:28:05 pm »