Poll

Do you think light cavalrymen should be handicapped like this?

yes
42 (34.1%)
no
81 (65.9%)

Total Members Voted: 123

Author Topic: [Complaint] Why make it so cavalry is not a viable option?  (Read 9895 times)

Offline Huey Newton

• Duke
  • Renown: 555
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Huey_Newton
[Complaint] Why make it so cavalry is not a viable option?
« on: January 17, 2011, 02:51:14 am »
ill get str8 to the point
horses cost a shitload more than they used too
i cant use my horse every round even though ive put 7 riding into it
my courser costs almost 1200 to repair
ive lost about 66,000 gold in the past 3 days from using my horse

all the shit about cav being OP is crap theres valid counterarguments to every arguement for that statement
explain how cav are op
im not talking about plated chargers
i mean light cav

how?
archers can shoot them down with ease.
pikes can wreck horses now that theres no Lance of compensation
hell they've even added 2 new anti-cav weapons (Swiss halberd and english bill)
why make it so i cant use my pony every round when ive spent time grinding to purchase it an the skills needed for it

Offline Bill The Butcher

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • WOOPSY DAISY!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Bill_The_Butcher_II
Re: [Complaint] Why make it so cavalry is not a viable option?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 02:56:15 am »
It sucks, the best thing I've found is to get a Rouncy and retire it. You need to be at about 22k to make money. I can ride a heavy rouncy,nomad robe and morning star and do OK.

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 02:59:12 am »
ill get str8 to the point
I read this as, "I'll get strength eight to the point"
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Whalen207

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • If I see that fucking pickle one more time...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: [Guard_Whalen207 [Guard_Whale_Tosser [Guard_Whale_Tank [Guard_Whale_ArrowSpam
  • IRC nick: Whalen
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 02:59:32 am »
As a Medium Calvary (Courser/Transitional) I approve of this topic.
We need more monies n' shit.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 03:01:32 am by Whalen207 »
Arma 2, Mount and Blade, Garry's Mod and Coloholics Roleplayer, Coder, Mapmaker and Moderator.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 03:00:32 am »
First off, there was no room to deny the overpoweredness of heavy cavalry before. There was no room to dispute that a terrible player with heavy cavalry could suddenly rack up more kills than the best of players could on foot. How do we know this? Because it happened.

Secondly, I agree with you. Cavalry SHOULD be made a viable option again. Instead, we have the cavalry, who are just as overpowered as before, are suddenly only usable on rare occasions.

Cavalry has a role to fill in Warband and C-RPG. Without cavalry, tactics, weapon choices, and strategy is very different and more limited.

Cavalry should be balanced so that players are able to utilize the tools that horses bring to the game, without entering the domain of ungodlyness that they used to be in.

Balance the stats of horses, reduce the cost of horses so that they are expensive and force players to compromise on some gear choices, but still allow for horse builds to be viable once more.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 03:01:46 am »
I vouch for light calv being viable to use on a regular basis. Light calv is not OP at all.
(But if you want to ride light calv & have heavy armor you can GTFO)

p.s. I do not ride calv.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 03:03:26 am by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Toldfield

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • If the toaster crawls, Cover your shoe in cyanide
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 03:03:54 am »
all the shit about cav being OP is crap theres valid counterarguments to every arguement for that statement
explain how cav are op
im not talking about plated chargers
i mean light cav
No, I did not know that about you! But I guess I should have known you like fire, with you being a dragon and all.
People who think differently will survive. People who think by the book would get crushed, killed, and stepped upon.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 03:07:21 am »
If chadz is worried about game balance then he should change the horses stats even lower, but to try to get there by making them prohibitively expensive is the wrong way to get balance.  Light cavalry should be 5-10% of the people on a server at any given time, but right now completely absent on most servers for hours at atime.  At the very least make a reasonably priced alternative like reducing rouncey's stats slightly and making it only 5000 gold, dont understand why all the light cav horses were increased in price with last patch, just need to reduce horse stats or make riding skill 1 every 5 or 6 agility.  I miss having cav to shoot.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 03:17:56 am »
Ah, I think its fine.

We cav are simply the better players, the handicapped footmen need all help the devs can offer to have some sort of a chance against us.

The Palfrey or what is name is is not that bad. I am doing (almost) same as with Courser or Sarranid.

My beloved elephant is gone, forever, but meh, I have just bought Mameluke horse well I have to test it later the day otherwise I am okay with Palfrey. 

First off, there was no room to deny the overpoweredness of heavy cavalry before. There was no room to dispute that a terrible player with heavy cavalry could suddenly rack up more kills than the best of players could on foot. How do we know this? Because it happened.

lawl noob I have plenty of screens where my footman wears no armor (only Leather Jacket and Woolen Hose), using pike and long voulge and I have a k d of 10 and most of these screens I was low level (17, 19 perhaps).

Same with my alt who is also low level I use only a sword (Nodachi, longsword, katana, miadao etc.), no armor.

I pwn you sucker with the wooden stick if I must to make you clueless idiots finally shut up.

Seriously, what can you do wrong with blocking down??????????????????????????

The only chance cavalry has to kill my footmen is when
its the end of the round and I get gangbanged but then I die anyway.

When you are too dumb to be aware, look around, get isolated from your team, then you deserve to die, because you are shit. Thats the truth.

You have no skill, live with it, its only a fucking videogame, nothing important, but stop crying about a class you can take out of the game with simply blocking down and some footwork. Lamer.

Same for Kesh, start to play a class that needs some skill before you waste our time with your ignorant posts.

Its actually commen sense to talk only about things you have some experience with.

Offline Toldfield

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • If the toaster crawls, Cover your shoe in cyanide
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 03:24:08 am »
You have no skill, live with it, its only a fucking videogame, nothing important, but stop crying about a class you can take out of the game with simply blocking down and some footwork. Lamer.

Its actually commen sense to talk only about things you have some experience with.
No, because I am a Walmart Ninja.
People who think differently will survive. People who think by the book would get crushed, killed, and stepped upon.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2011, 03:31:34 am »
lawl noob I have plenty of screens where my footman wears no armor (only Leather Jacket and Woolen Hose), using pike and long voulge and I have a k d of 10 and most of these screens I was low level (17, 19 perhaps).

Same with my alt who is also low level I use only a sword (Nodachi, longsword, katana, miadao etc.), no armor.

Same for Kesh, start to play a class that needs some skill before you waste our time with your ignorant posts.

Remember when I said terrible players topping the scoreboard because of their OP horses? Meet terrible player!

Finn, I'd just like to let you know, the epic proportions of your awfulness is not bound by the atlantic ocean and tales of how terrible a player you really are well known even in America. That has GOT to tell you something  :lol:

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2011, 03:41:10 am »
Ah, I think its fine.

We cav are simply the better players, the handicapped footmen need all help the devs can offer to have some sort of a chance against us.

The Palfrey or what is name is is not that bad. I am doing (almost) same as with Courser or Sarranid.

My beloved elephant is gone, forever, but meh, I have just bought Mameluke horse well I have to test it later the day otherwise I am okay with Palfrey. 

I pwn you sucker with the wooden stick if I must to make you clueless idiots finally shut up.

Seriously, what can you do wrong with blocking down??????????????????????????

The only chance cavalry has to kill my footmen is when
its the end of the round and I get gangbanged but then I die anyway.

When you are too dumb to be aware, look around, get isolated from your team, then you deserve to die, because you are shit. Thats the truth.

Wow, I knew this guy was a complete idiot, but i never realized before just how undeservedly arrogant he is too.  If you must know I have played cav quite a bit with my alt, and yes it is way too expensive.  Do you really expect people to think youa re a good player simply because you brag about how many people you kill.  All I have seen you ever do is maybe trample people a bit with an elephant but then die really quickly once dehorsed.  Huey is actually a great cavalry fighter and uses light cav to get his kills and his argument is extremely reasonable, just because you know how to trample doesnt make youa  cavalry expert Michael, Finn, whatever..
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2011, 04:00:28 am »
Ya, I'm with you Kesh.

I can honestly say that he's gotta be the biggest douchebag on the forums. And on top of it all, he's absolutely terrible too which just makes his stupidty down-right hilarious. If you're gonna be cocky, you have to have at least an OUNCE of skill to back it up.

By the way, I love the comment where he calls us "no-life lamers" despite the fact that for every hour I've logged onto c-rpg, he's logged 10 grinding his way to his elephant and retiring. The irony knows no end.  :lol:

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2011, 04:01:11 am »
Desert Horse :
Price 13440 now 18440
Horse speed 42 now 40
Horse maneuver 50 now 48

Courser :
Price 17380 now 22380
Horse speed 50 now 48
Horse maneuver 44 now 42

I was ok with the stat drop but the 5k price bump was just a few thousand too much.

Offline TomMyyY

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 17
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_TomMyyY
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2011, 04:28:02 am »
Ye I really think the prices could be lowered quite a bit, the armored horses can stay expensive (even though they aren't that usefull after the charge nerf), but we should atleast have the option to ride on a light horse without having to strip down naked and use a spear as weapon.

The repair costs of the courser/sarranid are just insane and for me the main reason not to heirloom them. I would love a champion sarranid, but that would probably set me back 2k on every repair.. not quite worth it.

Also, isn't it very weird the palfrey is the cheapest horse now? Even the terrible sumpter is more expensive, which kind of forces us cavalry to use a palfrey for price/effectiveness.