Author Topic: Upkeep nerf for small servers  (Read 2203 times)

Offline Dwarden

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Upkeep nerf for small servers
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2011, 05:41:26 am »
balton the autobalance can easily ensure you can end with x1 for hour too ...

i find upkeep and repair costs to be pretty overdone

i had streak of winning like 10 in row and still each round i was fixing 5 or 6 items with 1000s total in cost etc.
pretty much negated the victory ...

also the loosers can avoid to pay the repair cost be exiting the server just before round end (one of many exploits around)

imo the upkeep rewards only these who do nothing for team (bots, leechers, useless players)
there is no real push to ensure people do teamwork, fight at objectives (in case of siege etc.) and so on
you can be the best on team, killing everyone coming to flag, die once and your reward is bankcrupcy lol
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 05:42:57 am by Dwarden »

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2011, 05:43:07 am »
Let me repeat. You are using expensive equipment and that is why you can't afford upkeep.  This is the intention.

This is not a complaint about upkeep on small servers, just a complaint about upkeep in general.

Also: I am really jealous of your small servers.

Offline Dwarden

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2011, 05:45:53 am »
the upkeep style is wrong ...

as i said if you introduce into game something what is not improving gameplay and punish players who trying to play the game
then you do something wrong on game design part {frustration factor} ...

anyway that's just imho

Offline Sharpsy

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • The coolest picture you have ever seen ever.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok - Spears are pwnsome
  • Game nicks: Sharpsy, Fastsharpsy, Sharpshorse, Sharpsthrow
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2011, 05:56:14 am »
Dwarden is right, there is no need to implement something into the game if there is so much backlash about it. I do agree with upkeep to some extent, but most of the time, atleast for our puny little australian server, the amount we are charged is far from viable.

I'd also like to point out to braeden here, that our little Australian server is hardly enviable when the teams are "balanced" to 3 vs 11. But, you know, thats just my two cents.
Sup babe.

Offline Danath

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2011, 06:00:31 am »
Easy to lose for an hour straight on a small server. Easy as pie, and go broke in the process.

Perhaps a solution would be to tweak the algorithm for small servers so their is more auto-balancing based on whats happening, not based on the players crpg stats, but just on their current score + team W/L ratio. It's those lose for an hour straight situations that murders your gold, and it happens quite often

Offline Sharpsy

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • The coolest picture you have ever seen ever.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok - Spears are pwnsome
  • Game nicks: Sharpsy, Fastsharpsy, Sharpshorse, Sharpsthrow
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2011, 06:39:51 am »
I agree completely. Also just went bankrupt on my 2H/Throwing charcter who only carries about 18-20k total gear cost :cry:.

It would be so simple to fix this, even if only partially. Honestly, im surprised we dont already have a system like that in place already...
Sup babe.

Offline Toldfield

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • If the toaster crawls, Cover your shoe in cyanide
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2011, 07:33:57 am »
yea, im wearing good gear -.- ... if you consider simple sword, shirt, straw hat, leather boots, lance and rouncey good gear, then gosh.. thats my normal gettup on my light cav just cos my horse breaks basically everyround, might be bad luck, and i win just about half the time and i struggle, basically always losing money... its either upkeep or the fucking horse costs to bloody much for what it is...
People who think differently will survive. People who think by the book would get crushed, killed, and stepped upon.

Offline Cheesecake

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Slippery Cheesecake Toss Boy_ Slightly ambiguous Dingleberries etc etc
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2011, 08:14:50 am »
on the na server the fallen one there are alot of times theres only 5-10 pple on and we still do fine....you have more of a chance getting better multipliers from what ive seen... also....when your multiplier is up....DRAG THE ROUND OUT A BIT

it seems like your just running at each other swinging....1min round????  some maps take longer than that just to get to the middle
Enter the sundering.

Offline Sir Jonathon

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Paladin
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2011, 08:15:53 am »
Im not cavalry and I agree. I lost 4k today using mail armour most of the time and leather armour some of the time.

Offline Danath

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2011, 08:36:05 am »
We have a lack of patience for camping.

And the NA server you speak of most of the time its either 0 players or 100. So the 5-10 matches you speak of would be for an hour during the day, the rest of the time you are milking the gold with the big battles.

Offline avmana

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LPK
  • Game nicks: LPK_Avmana, Sergeant_avmana, Avmana
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2011, 04:05:16 am »
What I would like to see is the removal of the no-multi-with-less-than-8-players thingy, at least for our server, as it actually kills the server (no motivation to win due to constant 1x).
Just my two cents.
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2011, 05:29:45 am »
The one legitimate issue I see is in one minute you have the chance to have all your items break, while only gaining 1 tick /50 gold.

When rounds get longer items have a greater chance to break, but can only break once.  Therefore as a round's duration gets longer you won't ever have to "double pay" for previously broken items.  If a round reaches infinity you would gain infinity minus 8% total equipment cost gold that round.

I dunno, I'll leave other maths to people who know things.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2011, 08:44:56 am »
On my alt Jumping bean i am able to use about 53K worth of gear but this char always has a good multi, has high wpf and is only played on select occasions.

On my main i make about 3k per hour wearing ninja gear and an xbow

But i do agree that sometimes especially on second or third gen char upkeep can be harsh if you choose to wear good gear.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2011, 09:12:16 am »
Yes, given your assumption of losing every single round ever, you will not be able to maintain more than 25k.  That is the goal of upkeep.

The issue is that we have rounds that end after one tick. Last night the team I got put on was being highly effective and the rounds end in less than one minute 3 times in a row. Too good for our own good... not really.

I don't believe what we are asking for is zero upkeep. Obviously I'm not asking for a situation where I can ride my rouncy, and carry my 33k of Armour and weapons, with out every having to get off the horse or drop down to some padded Armour for a while. What we are hoping for is a better peasant ratio. 30% of games in low end gear 60% in mid tier and 10% in I'm a fat rich bastard going out on the town wear.

As it stands I have to play quiet a few games to be able to afford my middle of the road set up for handful of rounds.

For the next few times I play once my main is back up at lvl 26 I'm going to track all the round lengths and the frequency of upkeep as well as upkeep costs. Then I'm going to make a table. Then I'm going to post that table. Then we will have some form data, as limited as it will be, at least then we can do a tiny bit of science with it.

On small servers it's so easy to keep a x5 for an hour or so, if anything they should generate less gold/xp per tick.

I find the turn over rate on our server quiet high. I'll keep track of that as well. Anecdotal as it is I find that we hit x5 and then the auto swap juggles it up and the x5 team looses.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2011, 10:51:09 am »
i never really cared for upkeep.if i was ever short (my shit broke untill i repair it) i just downgrade i literally have my peasant gear to my full plate to keep my x5 gear and everything imbetween.do i always wear my plate?hell no i hate the amount of my old friends doing that right now who are using that under 26 upkeep abuse thing (have not played in like a week if they made an update that took that out my bad). but idk i never like playing big servers but when i do it sucks ass half the time you are just watching

so no i play small servers too and its not a problem (haven mostly if you need to know which)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q