Author Topic: Bec de Corbin issue  (Read 8810 times)

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Bec de Corbin issue
« on: July 25, 2011, 11:44:08 am »
I am wondering when the developers are going to take a look at the Bec de Corbin.
This weapon is completely bugged its way faster then the speed indicated it counter attack and swing faster then any other weapons in the game its ridiculous.
It also swing thru blocks and shield on some occasion alot more then other weapons.

Someone need to take a look at the real data on Bec de Corbin cause i am sure this weapon is bugged and the stats indicated on the website are wrong.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 02:22:55 am by Kalam »

Offline Bazinga

• Count
  • Renown: 181
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Bazigna
Re: Bec de Corbin issue
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 11:50:19 am »
+2
I am wondering when the developers are going to take a look at the Bec de Corbin.
This weapon is completely bugged its way faster then the speed indicated it counter attack and swing faster then any other weapons in the game its ridiculous.
It also swing thru blocks and shield on some occasion alot more then other weapons.

Someone need to take a look at the real data on Bec de Corbin cause i am sure this weapon is bugged and the stats indicated on the website are wrong.

Never had any problem against or with Bec de Corbin. I say its fine like it is.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 11:50:33 am »
+2
What?

I dunno, but it seems to me that the Bec is a NA problem (for whatever mysterious reason), on the EU servers it's not really that common.

Besides, I don't find it OP at all, I've duelled alot of Bec's and sure they're fast, but they're also extremely short and obvious polearm animations make them easy to block. The damage is not really an issue either. It's an excellent canopener indeed, but nothing wrong with that.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Gumdrawp

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: dolphin fan club
  • Game nicks: Gumdrawp_dfc
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 12:44:24 pm »
Its fairly balanced, the polestun is about the only thing thats imba about it and that cant be fixed according to devs on irc.

its pretty quick and really only good for duels since its so short. Not that it doesnt have its place in battle(it still is a great weapon) it just excels more for duels.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 02:53:25 pm »
+3
The Bec is a North American problem because every moron who watches Goretooth thinks that by picking up the weapon is going to get out of his scrubbiness and start kicking butt.

By the time they realize they can't afford the upkeep and actually perform shitty because they can't close in, it's already too late because they're poor as fuck and can't switch out (after blowing their crpg life savings on the bec).

Except the problem with that is that there are other morons and scrubs who can't block, who think it's overpowered because they haven't the first idea how to block and end up getting wasted by what the little peasants perceive to be an overpowered weapon. Hence it looks overpowered because the dirty peasants get hammered by one of the shortest polearms in the game.

How to fix :

#1 Buy any other weapon (almost anything is longer than a bec)
#2 L2block
#3 ????
#4 Profit (or at least, stop getting scrubbed)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 02:54:38 pm by Dexxtaa »

Offline Visus

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • TripSteppin'.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Visus_of_Chaos
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 04:01:45 pm »
+1
The Bec is a North American problem because every moron who watches Goretooth can pick up the weapon and put on plate is going to get out of his scrubbiness and start kicking butt.

By the time they realize they can't afford the upkeep and actually perform shitty because they can't close in, it's already too late because they're poor as fuck and can't switch out (after blowing their crpg life savings on the bec). Everyone has too much money these days, with people being able to wear plate for most rounds. Including myself.

Except the problem with that is that there are other morons and scrubs who can't block, who think it's overpowered because they haven't the first idea how to block and end up getting wasted by what the little peasants perceive to be an overpowered weapon. Hence it looks overpowered because the dirty peasants get hammered by one of the shortest polearms in the game. Even if you block it and counter, one glance on their armor will kill you due to polestun, and one missed block will kill you due to polestun. Polestun combined with a glance is an immediate 1-2 shot death.

How to Win :

#1 Buy a loomed Bec
#2 Buy some plate
#3 Make a 30-6 or 27-9 build
#4 Profit (or at least, stop getting scrubbed)

/fixed

This needs to be fixed.

Oh and all of this was in Dexx's voice. In case anyone was wondering.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 04:03:30 pm by Visus »
الايرلندي ليوبارد

Offline H4rdn3ssKill3r

• Baron
  • Renown: 107
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Crummy Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: naaaaaaaaaah
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 04:04:42 pm »
Ah gawd, This will be a issue if you NA stop using STR builds, but with only 9 agility (lol) it is pathetic speed to be honest, try the bec with a 18/18 or even a 18/21 if you wanna be a real issue...
f8uasdlöadk blablablababa lbalba
^ Analogy of discussions on forums.

Offline Visus

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • TripSteppin'.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Visus_of_Chaos
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 04:11:53 pm »
You EU have no clue. a 24-12 build has all the melee skill one needs to be successful. 139 WPF or something like that. You can go with less due to the polestun, easily.

I may be a bit bias though, as a 1h xbow I can usually kite these guys all day, hit them maybe 3-4 times, then die to a single glance.

Then again, Dexx is bias too, he carries one on his back all them time. Whips it out when he needs to kill as many people as possible. Its simply OP in a decent players armored hands, unless you have a can opener weapon for yourself. But, most of these are shorter than the Bec anyways.

It does need to be looked at.
الايرلندي ليوبارد

Offline H4rdn3ssKill3r

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Crummy Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 04:13:19 pm »
Hmm tell that to tommMyyY and casimir and also ragni, see if they agree.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 04:15:41 pm »
Ah gawd, This will be a issue if you NA stop using STR builds, but with only 9 agility (lol) it is pathetic speed to be honest, try the bec with a 18/18 or even a 18/21 if you wanna be a real issue...

Tydeus made a 18/21 with the bec and was pulling the same scores as his 27/12 Miao build, not bad. The bec does enough pierce damage that it does not need high STR to still two shot tin cans with proper head strikes.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 04:17:02 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 04:19:52 pm »
You EU have no clue. a 24-12 build has all the melee skill one needs to be successful. 139 WPF or something like that. You can go with less due to the polestun, easily.

I may be a bit bias though, as a 1h xbow I can usually kite these guys all day, hit them maybe 3-4 times, then die to a single glance.

Then again, Dexx is bias too, he carries one on his back all them time. Whips it out when he needs to kill as many people as possible. Its simply OP in a decent players armored hands, unless you have a can opener weapon for yourself. But, most of these are shorter than the Bec anyways.

You have got no clue at all, do you? If everyone goes strength, than using short weapons is easier, because people are slow as hell.

This is why EU is more advanced, if you go full strength there, you will get your arse kicked by Phyrex, Bjord, Greifenherz, Atze, and all the other players who went for 21 agility.

Get your facts straight.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline H4rdn3ssKill3r

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Crummy Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 04:21:51 pm »
Tydeus made a 18/21 with the bec and was pulling the same scores as his 27/12 Miao build, not bad. The bec does enough pierce damage that it does not need high STR to still two shot tin cans with proper head strikes.

Thats what I mean, now that will be a issue, but mostly STR, nahhh you can one shot people sure, but you can do that faster with a agi build.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 04:32:44 pm »
+1
You have got no clue at all, do you? If everyone goes strength, than using short weapons is easier, because people are slow as hell.

This is why EU is more advanced, if you go full strength there, you will get your arse kicked by Phyrex, Bjord, Greifenherz, Atze, and all the other players who went for 21 agility.

Get your facts straight.

I think the main issue is that NA "evolved" a different way, as NA has a noticable range spam compared to EU so AGI builds are often shot to pieces, so people started moving away from them and towards higher HP builds with armour.

I don't think the AGI EU or the STR NA are inherently more "evolved" then one another, as high STR builds get trashed in EU still and high AGI builds still get trashed in NA. It is just two semi-isolated communities who have evolved in different ways, no one build is better then the other, and Walt has proven with one of his "papers" that even a 0ATHL character will walk forward faster (as long as he only blocks and times his strikes) then a high ATHL character can backpedal, so it is not like it is a hopeless cause.

EU went the way of Oranges, and NA went towards Apples, both good but both different, it is just that EU is accustomed to their own playstyle and so is NA and thus is more used to squeezing out extra performance in their own different niches.

Good players will still do good no matter if the go high STR or high AGI if they are used to that particular build.

Stop this "evolution" bullshit that keeps popping up every month. This is not evolving, this is adapting a preference.

The only clear differences that have not to do with personal preference on the servers from my expereince is that NA is more used to Range spam and has fewer people who keep standing dumbly when shot and can dodge properly, and that EU (even the EU folks who visit us say this) has less greedy cav who team bump their own team mates to death.

TL:DR NA top players still dominate high AGI builds and top EU players still dominate high STR builds... Think about it...
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 04:36:17 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2011, 04:37:43 pm »
+1
The different continents have different mentalities.

EU has less range spam, and your servers have had 180 man servers for so long that it frankly doesn't matter, even in battle, when there's an excess of archers, because one individual won't get hammered by a hailstorm.

In NA, the servers have been smaller, so people get targeted more. I found myself eating arrows this morning even on the siege server (the one place I find refuge from arrows).

It's the way the different continents have evolved.

I may be biased because I use a bec myself, but my primary weapon is my long spear. I use the bec if I get surrounded or if it's close quarters fighting.

Offline Gumdrawp

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: dolphin fan club
  • Game nicks: Gumdrawp_dfc
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2011, 04:40:20 pm »

this, im 18/21 as well (granted nowhere near as good as tyd) and i use a poleaxe now, but when i was using the bec i couldnt see why you wouldnt want to be a agi build and wear plate with it. You get the best of both worlds, fast swings and easily maintained footwork and as icing on the cake you're faster than almost all of the str builds even if they are in medium/light armor. Pierce damage means that power strike matters less for glances and that armor reduces it by a much smaller amount so the damage is far more normalized. Most people would be surprised at how small the difference in damage is with a bec when comparing 6 and 9 powerstrike. We play with someone who is 27/12 and uses a bec, and he doesnt one shot people any more often than i do with a poleaxe and a 18/21 build(granted he does do better against plate wearers typically)

« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 04:41:45 pm by Gumdrawp »