Poll

Split NA and EU for more reasonable battle time?

Yea
No
Some other solution (spliting the continent etc.)

Author Topic: Waking up at 6 am  (Read 16859 times)

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
Re: Waking up at 6 am
« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2011, 09:09:10 pm »
Alternate Idea:
Ban NA from Strategus, as was Paul's suggestion.

Meh, i think NA should have there own Strategus.

If the NA playerbase is realy that small as some people claim. I bet chadz can make a smaller Strategus map.. with fewer fiefs etc.

And prolly for the Chinese CRPG players, chadz can make a Strategus map with 10-15 fiefs :D

I think it is well possible, to make a smaller strategus map.. that is in balance with the player base. 3-4 medium sized clan, can perfectly fight.. and coordinate over a map the size of the Sarranid desert IE
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 09:12:26 pm by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Different

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Alatar, and many more
« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2011, 09:11:22 pm »
Yea split Strategus.. it does not hurt anyone... Like how it is now, it is simply not fun waking up at 5 am.. 

SPLIT

Offline Gortha

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2011, 09:23:32 pm »
Yes plase @ Admins&Founders split Strategus...

Offline _JoG_

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swordsman for hire
  • Game nicks: Givi
« Reply #78 on: July 25, 2011, 09:31:12 pm »
Hm... Ok, let's assume Strategus is split into two continents. Now, say, I'm a nolifer douchebag who attacks another NA guy at 4 am and hires EU mercenaries to fight him. So, did splitting actually help against it?

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2011, 09:38:40 pm »
Ping doesnt matter if you attack in the middle of the night, because nobody will show up anyways to fight against you.

IE When BRD attacked Amere(Mercs) at 5 AM in the morning. We actually had a full roster. We accepted loads of players. Yet only 3 showed up. So dos it then still matter your playing with a 200+ ping ?

Question. Do you actually play Strategus yourself?

Actually there were about 20 people, though 3-5 left shortly after they found out that the village ahd no equipment, many clanmembers on that side didn't sign up/show up because they already knew that.  Another battle 2 hours later had 40 people show up and we had a great battle and thena nother battle 2 hours after that one 30 people showed up and we had 2, (1 left after his first death).

I am fully in support of the 2 continents (just copy paste current map on other side of ocean, duplicating all the fiefs once is not big deal).  Not just for the horrednous ping battles, or the not-sleeping for 3 days straight, but also the fact that there are now 3x as many people actively playing strategus compared to before and there simply isnt even close to enough room to fit them all (I have 200+ people just in my visible radius alone on the map).  This forces consolidation into massive powerblocks, rather than having many viable smaller clans vying for land.  Already you can probably classify 80% of the map under 5 powerblocks rule (old strategus it took months of invasions to get to that point, many smaller clans existed all over the map for a long time), now within a week the map has already become dominated by a few groups with almost no room for hundreds of players.  Almost all the villages have 8 or more people in them, I see multiple cities in my area that already have 20+ people in them.  All the villages ahve been taken except 1 in roughlya  week of playing (old strat there were free villages for almost 3 months into the game)  The game would be far more dynamic with more room and making 2 continents (NA and EU) would solve two problems with 1 solution. 

Also, the NA playerbase is roughly 80& of the EU playerbase at this point.  It is not small at all, so saying not enough players is an invalid excuse.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 09:41:45 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2011, 09:44:38 pm »
Actually there were about 20 people, though 3-5 left shortly after they found out that the village ahd no equipment, many clanmembers on that side didn't sign up/show up because they already knew that.  Another battle 2 hours later had 40 people show up and we had a great battle and thena nother battle 2 hours after that one 30 people showed up and we had 2, (1 left after his first death).

I am fully in support of the 2 continents (just copy paste current map on other side of ocean, duplicating all the fiefs once is not big deal).  Not just for the horrednous ping battles, or the not-sleeping for 3 days straight, but also the fact that there are now 3x as many people actively playing strategus compared to before and there simply isnt even close to enough room to fit them all (I have 200+ people just in my visible radius alone on the map).  This forces consolidation into massive powerblocks, rather than having many viable smaller clans vying for land.  Already you can probably classify 80% of the map under 5 powerblocks rule (old strategus it took months of invasions to get to that point, many smaller clans existed all over the map for a long time), now within a week the map has already become dominated by a few groups with almost no room for hundreds of players.  Almost all the villages have 8 or more people in them, I see multiple cities in my area that already have 20+ people in them.  All the villages ahve been taken except 1 in roughlya  week of playing (old strat there were free villages for almost 3 months into the game)  The game would be far more dynamic with more room and making 2 continents (NA and EU) would solve two problems with 1 solution. 

Also, the NA playerbase is roughly 80& of the EU playerbase at this point.  It is not small at all, so saying not enough players is an invalid excuse.

Splitting NA/EU you face what any PVP MMO server fears, lack of critical mass for players, which then sours the entire place and it soon becomes a ghost town.

Making the map larger and/or adding villages isnt hard to do.

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2011, 09:49:53 pm »
I can't remember who it was and I didn't look through the thread to see if it was brought up, but personally I like the idea of one map but two continents. One for NA and one for EU. That way their is still the chance for war with NA vs EU clans but it would happen much less often. It would also be a way for those clans with a NA/EU split to still easily play together.
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2011, 09:50:07 pm »
+4
Easy solution besides banning all of NA:

Wipe Strategus again.

Make Calradia bigger, much bigger, increase the amount of settlements by 300%

When joining Strategus ask the player "Are you NA or EU?." Depending on what option the player clicks will determine which side of Calradia he randomly spawns on, this way the middle still has messed up time battles but people can still beat each other up as they please, and one side is just EU and one side is just NA...

I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2011, 09:58:47 pm »

Wipe Strategus again.

When joining Strategus ask the player "Are you NA or EU?." Depending on what option the player clicks will determine which side of Calradia he randomly spawns on, this way the middle still has messed up time battles but people can still beat each other up as they please, and one side is just EU and one side is just NA...

+!!1
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2011, 09:59:54 pm »

Wipe Strategus again.

we have a winner~. close thread, get to coding

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 25, 2011, 10:05:00 pm »
we didn't even start taking castles and you wanna wipe ? lol.

btw, go create all the new scenes, enjoy, see ya in 1 year

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #86 on: July 25, 2011, 10:06:47 pm »
we didn't even start taking castles and you wanna wipe ? lol.

btw, go create all the new scenes, enjoy, see ya in 1 year

Yes, a wipe since it requires a much bigger map as well as EU on one side and NA on another and a clusterfuck in the middle.

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,11675.0.html
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2011, 10:15:26 pm »
What's the point of strategus ? everyone having his own little fief he took against the AI or conquering fiefs from other factions ? might have missed something there

cool, i'll take Reyvadin, Reyvadin2 and Reyvadin3, gonna be some fun time

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2011, 10:16:51 pm »
What's the point of strategus ? everyone having his own little fief he took against the AI or conquering fiefs from other factions ? might have missed something there

Conquering fiefs... which my idea still allows. I know people hate retaking crap against the AI but right now EU and NA clans are all over the map, and my suggestion requires a "sorting" so the timezones remain sane.

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2011, 10:21:41 pm »
and why would a bigger map solve timezones problem ? (that is just an ego matter imo)

your solution is to let everyone have their own territory atm ... you should offer that to Israel and Palestine they'd be happy but in a conquest game why da fuck would ya let everyone have territory ?

you know, after taking 3 towns it gets boring quite fast