Author Topic: Banned for DTV exploitation, Unban request.  (Read 354 times)

Offline Hardeknud

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Banned for DTV exploitation, Unban request.
« on: July 25, 2011, 12:33:28 am »
Yes, I knew it was exploiting, frankly I was a little curious to see if it would result in a ban, and it was a pretty lol-worthy experience overall. I won't say it wasn't unfair because I made about 100k gp and 2 million in xp in a few hours. Now, in my defense I will say, exploiting a dtv server for gold and xp is the most benign form of cheating there is, in that it doesn't actively decrease from other peoples enjoyment of the game. Griefers, hackers, leechers (to a much lesser degree) and X^y gen mw'd tincan spammers hurt the community far more then I ever could with my small lapse. As I've never done any of these things, and my play style is always focused on teamwork and helping create a more dynamic/diverse battlefield environment. The ironic thing is, even though I've been playing for about a year, I have so many alts  that I collectively only have about 6 gens over 4 characters and a ragged collection of +1 looms (misclicked +1 darts anyone?). I even use balanced builds and low-mid/uncommon gear, just to anti-crutch.
Because of this, I cannot give a sincere apology to the effect of hurting other players, or lessening their Crpg experience (as I can assure you, I have never done any such thing). I do sincerely apologize for being  immature, for my momentary lapse of judgement (boundary testing as it were) and especially for wasting the mods valuable and I imagine very limited time.  I'm only interested in the loom-free, teamwork-focused Strategus environment now, so if you want to strip me of looms, erase a few generational xp modifiers, make me donate my ill gotten 100k to some needy new players or only allow me to play a spamtard plate build for the rest of my Crpg days etc.... Do it, you'll hear no complaints from me because I'm not a bad guy. I just got bored one day, simple as that.

Thank you
“It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.”

Offline Espu

• The good
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Espu
Re: Banned for DTV exploitation, Unban request.
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 07:44:31 pm »
You were one of the heavier exploiters. Unban on 31.7. In addition, you must provide a 500 word proper essay on topic "Effects of exploits on the general community atmosphere". You are free to argument both for and against.

Also see the thread http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,11477.0.html