Author Topic: Best Throwing Weapon?  (Read 1327 times)

Offline LAWLERPOPS

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Never have I blocked officer, not even once.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Happy Acid Masks
  • Game nicks: HAM_Dirty_Rat_Cakes
Best Throwing Weapon?
« on: July 24, 2011, 11:30:28 pm »
What throwing weapon would be the most beneficial to use? The Lance? Right now im using the Jarid, just looking for input thanks :)

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
Re: Best Throwing Weapon?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 11:38:02 pm »
depend if you run from melee or not.

jarid are good, but lack in melee.

Otherwise you can use the heavy throwing axe with shield.

Or just use the lance in melee and throw
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 03:26:28 am »
I'm unsure if the dmg calc has been updated but pre-patch throwing hammers were on par with regular throwing axes on heavily armored targets (50+ armor).  Not to mention they're quite a bit cheaper than heavy axes.  Its generally best to bring a stack of each, unless the enemy team is stacking a certain type of armor (lots of lights or lights of heavies)

Save hammers & pierce for medium+ armored targets, use axes vs unarmored targets and light horses.

Axes are however great for headshotting people who skimp on head armor but use heavy body armor.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 03:28:42 am by Digglez »

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 08:01:10 pm »
I do not know which one is best. But as digglez said using a variety of weapons at the same time is the best. For example, in my throwing character I use 2 stack of javelins, a shield and a stack of heavy throwing axes or throwing hammers for melee.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 08:05:52 pm »
I do not know which one is best. But as digglez said using a variety of weapons at the same time is the best. For example, in my throwing character I use 2 stack of javelins, a shield and a stack of heavy throwing axes or throwing hammers for melee.

the downside to using 2 or more different throwing weapons is it may throw your aiming and accuracy off.  if you are new, you might want to stick to a single one and get good with it, then do that with another, then try mixing them.