Author Topic: NA Rules update  (Read 4623 times)

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
Re: NA Rules update
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2011, 10:51:39 pm »
How about hitting through solid doors? Is that considered glitching? Not the grated kind with huge gaping holes mind you, but solid doors you cannot see through.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2011, 10:53:08 pm »
13 Shield skill with the shortened spear is actually the ultimate support build, I've once took on like 8 players with another shielder and just because I could stagger them and have half of them whacking at my arena shield hoping for a free kill they all died and we won.

haha, would have liked to see that.  fraps or it didnt happen!

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2011, 10:58:28 pm »
How about hitting through solid doors? Is that considered glitching? Not the grated kind with huge gaping holes mind you, but solid doors you cannot see through.

If it's not considered an exploit and bannable it should be, it's retarded.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2011, 11:23:28 pm »
Well the admins can then just randomly ban someone who attacks through doors and change the rules after that. So I'd avoid it.
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Entaro

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Snowhawk Clan
  • Faction: Snowhawk Clan
  • Game nicks: SHC_Entar
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2011, 01:00:14 am »
Yup, I made a STF build with 3/39 1 PS 3 WM 13 SHL and funny enough with 39 AGI you don't need athletics. 13 shield give 8%*13skill=104 damage resistance to the shield.

Use the 105 speed shield and you only have to think about blocking and be invulnerable to those who don't know how to kick or use proper foot work. Use the Nordic Short Sword for main combat or the 114 speed dagger for quick irritating papercuts and you can slowly kill someone via headshots, or more commonly just tie up a great axe user and laugh manically.

Ultimate support build, though avoid everything with crushthrough....

Is this build illegal and bannable?  I made my STF character 3/39 to have some laughs with it, and it was pretty entertaining.  A lot of people (millionaires in MW Gear lawl) called me useless (even though getting 5+ attackers to chase you around like idiots while the clock ticks down is pretty useful IMO  :lol:), and that I should be banned, and change my build immediately and that chadz said it is against the official rules to use this 3/39 build, but I didn't see the link, so I wanted to clarify.

People were angry about the shield, but essentially all the shields represents is an easymode "perfect manual blocker".  Your still suseptible to crushthrough, to getting kicked, and of course, you have 3 strength so you have on a peasant robe and about 20hp.  Not to mention with power strike 1 you kill very rarely.  Though with a wooden practice sword, it is fun to whack people in the head every so often while they beat on your shield to humiliate them.

So I wanted to clarify because all the angst I was getting from min/max 2H carebears in full plate, whether this build is considered an exploit and bannable or not.  It seems to me, that given it's obvious weaknesses and fragility that it would not be, but then most of these guys complaining about me where old blood and probably friends with admins so I didn't want to bet against the clique.

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2011, 01:12:15 am »
I don't remember asking for retroactive bans, just pointing out how subjective things can be around here, and PS I for whatever reason don't wear my heirloomed armor as I like to keep most of my athletics/wpp
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Lorn

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lorn
  • IRC nick: Lorn
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2011, 02:05:30 am »
Is this build illegal and bannable?  I made my STF character 3/39 to have some laughs with it, and it was pretty entertaining.  A lot of people (millionaires in MW Gear lawl) called me useless (even though getting 5+ attackers to chase you around like idiots while the clock ticks down is pretty useful IMO  :lol:), and that I should be banned, and change my build immediately and that chadz said it is against the official rules to use this 3/39 build, but I didn't see the link, so I wanted to clarify.

People were angry about the shield, but essentially all the shields represents is an easymode "perfect manual blocker".  Your still suseptible to crushthrough, to getting kicked, and of course, you have 3 strength so you have on a peasant robe and about 20hp.  Not to mention with power strike 1 you kill very rarely.  Though with a wooden practice sword, it is fun to whack people in the head every so often while they beat on your shield to humiliate them.

So I wanted to clarify because all the angst I was getting from min/max 2H carebears in full plate, whether this build is considered an exploit and bannable or not.  It seems to me, that given it's obvious weaknesses and fragility that it would not be, but then most of these guys complaining about me where old blood and probably friends with admins so I didn't want to bet against the clique.

It's illegal on the ATS servers, not on the Official servers.

Something that should have been clarified earlier.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Duster

• Marshall
  • Renown: 730
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mr_Pibb, Mellow_Yellowtf
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2011, 02:16:46 am »

Uh, nope. I've not banned or kicked anyone and I havent seen anyone be punished for running around with 13 shield skill.

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2011, 02:18:56 am »
+1

Uh, nope. I've not banned or kicked anyone and I havent seen anyone be punished for running around with 13 shield skill.
Yeah..I've also never punished anyone for this on siege. In my opinion it's alright, it's just a screw around build any ways.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2011, 03:03:43 am »
The only potential for abuse with that build would be delaying as the last person perhaps?

I don't see a problem with that build so long as they attempt an attack as the last person.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2011, 03:55:49 am »
Well it's not as if someone can really exploit this, right? I mean, how would they know EXACTLY when to swing at the moment the other person's head is through the door? Usually it's just luck, and if you don't want to be killed through a door you can just stand as far back from the door as possible while still being able to destroy it.

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player
  • Please respect all admins and thier decisions.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Solo
  • Game nicks: Lordark
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2011, 03:57:53 am »

Hahaha Lorne! Its funny you finally show your true form! You were always a jerk so now you are where you belong in Fallen! Hahaha! Good to see you! I hope to slay you in battle!
Never forget the day Dragons came to Calradia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related
My personal theme song, We will never surrender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1xqAjQ5e4

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2011, 04:01:22 am »
Well it's not as if someone can really exploit this, right? I mean, how would they know EXACTLY when to swing at the moment the other person's head is through the door? Usually it's just luck, and if you don't want to be killed through a door you can just stand as far back from the door as possible while still being able to destroy it.

actually its not hard at all and no the enemy doesnt have to be that close to the door, you should really pay more attention.  curved swords are likely the easiest way to attack thru the doors *cough cough robert namo cough*

I can easily reproduce it if you need me to

Offline Entaro

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Snowhawk Clan
  • Faction: Snowhawk Clan
  • Game nicks: SHC_Entar
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2011, 04:12:21 am »
The only potential for abuse with that build would be delaying as the last person perhaps?

I don't see a problem with that build so long as they attempt an attack as the last person.

Not really.  If you are one man vs. a clump of enemies, trying to defend a static position, you are going to get surrounded and butchered.  I could see the abuse on battle mode, but honestly, it's the person that is being a douche, not wholey the build.  You could just as easily evasively ride around on a fast horse the whole round.

Offline Gash

• Count
  • Renown: 151
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS/Occitan
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2011, 04:25:35 am »
This whole shield issue is practically impossible for admins to differentiate between the 13 shield skill or the bug... so there shouldn't be any admin action taken against those who do have the build.  That's something the devs will have to deal with if they see it as a problem. Though I do understand if some admins didn't know about this build that the invincible shield could have been viewed as a glitch or exploit. 

Good to know, thanks for raising the issue.

Concerning attacking through doors;  that would be an admin nightmare to moderate, so no. It's unfortunate that bugs like that take place - but I'm not going to assign admins to watching players hacking at doors the whole time. Besides, both players can hit each other through the door, so nobody is really gaining an unfair advantage.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 04:30:31 am by Gash »
CRPG NA Server Admin