Author Topic: Balanced exotic ranged weapons.  (Read 1071 times)

Offline Ulrek

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Balanced exotic ranged weapons.
« on: July 24, 2011, 09:23:38 am »
1: Chinese repeating crossbow: 5 shots in a row, but less damage due to the draw power being alot less then usual.

2: Chinese Single use mortar: Pretty simple, basicly a high damage one use angled rocket. impossible to aim at something under you, or that is too close to you, but a very good support weapon for sieges and battles.

3: Hand cannon: Basicly a crossbow, that does more damage but has half the range due to being impossible to aim, and uses weak early gun powder so it has issues breaking heavy shields or armor.

4: Blow gun: If you can throw war darts, why not be able to shoot little ones from a piece of bamboo? low damage, but really fast reload.

5: Chinese Fire lance: A really short ranged weapon, almost like a throwing weapon but based on gun powder for flavor, not really any better then a normal throwing weapon, but trades ammo amount for better aiming at close range.

6: Throwing Snare: (One of those things where it's two rocks and a string between them) A thrown weapon with knock down, low damage, but perfect for a support role.

-Ulrek-

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
Re: Balanced exotic ranged weapons.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 11:44:32 am »
+1
All suggested. None coming. Various reasons.
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Ulrek

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 07:22:54 pm »
Can i have a link to the topic where someone suggested a fire lance?

-Ulrek-

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 09:18:07 pm »

Offline Ulrek

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 08:17:56 am »
I don't see anything in that topic about fire lances, which aren't actual guns, if that's what you think they are.

And nothing i suggested here is out of theme or outside the time setting of cRPG's current items, nor unbalanced, unless people are really stupid and stand there and get shot/hit by them.

-Ulrek-

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 08:26:22 am »
I've never seen a throwing snare suggestion, but I like it.
of course,the model would look fucking hilarious considering it can't flex and move hahahah
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 01:21:54 pm »
Fire lance is a firearm. Firearms have been suggested and received a blanket 'no'. Or perhaps we should make a separate thread for each and every kind of black powder weapon there is then?
Same with snare. It has been suggested many times to have weapons that have chains etc. Such as flails, whips etc. but that has been denied cause the engine doesn't support them.
/thread.

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 06:48:41 pm »
1: Chinese repeating crossbow: 5 shots in a row, but less damage due to the draw power being alot less then usual.

2: Chinese Single use mortar: Pretty simple, basicly a high damage one use angled rocket. impossible to aim at something under you, or that is too close to you, but a very good support weapon for sieges and battles.

3: Hand cannon: Basicly a crossbow, that does more damage but has half the range due to being impossible to aim, and uses weak early gun powder so it has issues breaking heavy shields or armor.

4: Blow gun: If you can throw war darts, why not be able to shoot little ones from a piece of bamboo? low damage, but really fast reload.

5: Chinese Fire lance: A really short ranged weapon, almost like a throwing weapon but based on gun powder for flavor, not really any better then a normal throwing weapon, but trades ammo amount for better aiming at close range.

6: Throwing Snare: (One of those things where it's two rocks and a string between them) A thrown weapon with knock down, low damage, but perfect for a support role.

-Ulrek-
Weeaboo alert!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 06:49:43 pm »
Weeaboo alert!

Not a single one of those items are Japanese.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Ulrek

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 11:53:19 pm »
Fire lance is a firearm. Firearms have been suggested and received a blanket 'no'. Or perhaps we should make a separate thread for each and every kind of black powder weapon there is then?
Same with snare. It has been suggested many times to have weapons that have chains etc. Such as flails, whips etc. but that has been denied cause the engine doesn't support them.
/thread.

Crossbows and bows both shoot pointy things, and yet they aren't the same thing, but they are very similar.

Also while flails won't work due to the way the chain will swing and act while held, a sling has a fairly simple motion, and thus it is possible to create slings which don't look like complete crap, take the cave man mod as an example, it's not perfect, but it's still nice to have, same thing with a snare, until it hits it's target all it does is spin around, just like a throwing axe does, but side ways, so it's straight until it hits, just like a throwing axe, so it's more then possible to add snares and slings, but not flails.

-Ulrek-
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 03:00:48 am by Ulrek »

Offline Armbrust_Schtze

• Knight
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 110
  • cRPG Player
  • (being watched)
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Philip :)
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 12:10:24 am »
stupid suggestion, be sure repeating xbow will never be implemented..
This masterwork bolt will send you straight to hell Tincan!