Author Topic: So u removed crushthrough, remove "unbalanced" from the old crush through 2h's  (Read 2898 times)

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Not all, apparently.

What are you trying to point out here?  That the great maul is shorter than polearms?

This whine over a truely, at it's core since forever, crutch baddie mechanic is rediculous.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
this mace is longer using over-head attacks by 6 points , the same length using left-to-right swings, 9 points shorter using right-to-left swings, 61 longer on thrusts (though i doubt you can compare thrusts of these weapons
Long Iron Mace VS Bec de Corbin
110 (+6) Overhead attacks (effective length points) 105
112 Left-to-right swings (effective length points) 113 (+1)
108 Right-to-left swings (effective length points) 118 (+10)
~175 (+36) Thrust (effective length points) 139
Blunt (marked this green because blunt is more effective against any type of armour than pierce except cases of huge amounts of PS and STR) Damage type Pierce
Knockdown Bonuses No
No Balanced Yes
No Usage on horseback Yes
No Weapon type bonuses Can stop horses using thrust
33b Swing damage 36p
20b Thrust damage 26p
5662 Price 10806
92 Speed rating 93
4.5 Weight 2.8
14 Difficulty 15

7:8. Bec wins but this is a premature comparison, tbh. These weapons are different and they're better than each other in different situations.

only 2 minor problems, remember long iron mace actually uses polearm stab animation(so shorter stab), also after change to armor(high reduce/low soak now) Pierce is actually better at damaging armor than Blunt is(because Pierce goes mostly through Reduce/not through Soak like blunt does)

but Soak isn't what armor is anymore(this is why you don't glance)

I was talking to my brother(who was a developer for TW) and he was explaining the high soak was actually to simulate the padding of armor, it was interesting mebbe one day I can get him to explain that to me in text form lol

also physics arguments don't apply, as Tears would post in gigantic red letters to explain to you it doesn't matter what your fake animation hands look like on a weapon

PS btw if hold something that has a huge heavy end (which u are not holding) and it is like 10-15 feet long, it is nothing like swinging a broom, sorry it's still "Unbalanced" and hard to stop a swing, because the weight is not evenly distributed, but what would I know about physics, I'm only a professional engineer with a degree in engineering *lol*

its similar to a pendulum, which tends to stay in motion because of that heavy weight(go figure)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 11:24:49 am by DrKronic »
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline 22nd_King_Plazek

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
I was pointing out it was not all about length. I thought that much was obvious.  :rolleyes:

(click to show/hide)

Smart Kronic is smart, no wonder he is a Doctor ;)

PS pssssst Gorath, maybe you did not notice but that maul IS a polearm!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 12:30:35 pm by 22nd_King_Plazek »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
PS pssssst Gorath, maybe you did not notice but that maul IS a polearm!

Misread that obviously, if you notice in my post it says "great maul".  It's what I get for quickly scanning the forums after work.  /shrug.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?