Author Topic: WPP/WPF  (Read 2915 times)

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
Re: WPP/WPF
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2011, 09:59:51 pm »
This thread  :rolleyes:

Shield has it's place, regardless if your a nub or a "pro". As someone said, it's simply a tool. And what's with this sudden hate for IF? It has it's place, just like high agi or lots of str.

Christ, bunch of retards.
Monkeys!

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2011, 10:12:29 pm »
I would like to know how to rush a bottleneck (doors, gates, etc.) without shields. Or how to cover archers on open field maps. Or how to fight against 2+ enemies simultaneously (and effectively). Or how to not make ranged cowards (  :mrgreen: ) more effective than they already are.

First of all, fighting 2+ enemies without a shield IS possible. You have to be a good blocker, have good timing and be fast enough to backstep your way out of situations where people come from multiple sides.

second, there is another way to avoid archers; athletics. Run fast enough, and it's hard for them to hit you.

Maxing WM is very good for splitting WPF.
For example, 2h+polearm so you can halfsword better.
Or polearm+1h, when the thrower spam is just too much, load out with shield and sword instead of poleaxe.
Or of course, everyones favorite, melee+ranged.
That super high stacking of wpf is disabled now is a good thing (and of course you can stop buying weapon master for something else if your character married his 2h sword, but two points in IF will be just as useless as only two extra wm).

You could convert those to skill pints to an attribute point and gte mroe agility for extra speed.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2011, 10:22:06 pm »
Run fast enough, and it's hard for them to hit you.

You either never play siege or don't realise that the game wouldn't be much fun if everyone was a backstabbing ninja. If shields were removed, the game would be transformed in Medieval Call of Duty, and everyone would run from cover to cover, trying to outcamp and outsnipe the enemy.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2011, 10:39:31 pm »
I would like to know how to rush a bottleneck (doors, gates, etc.) without shields. Or how to cover archers on open field maps. Or how to fight against 2+ enemies simultaneously (and effectively). Or how to not make ranged cowards (  :mrgreen: ) more effective than they already are.

Shields really must be for noobs. If all those professional fighters, soldiers and knights in all those thousands of years of shield usage had known this!  :P

Erm.....proffesional fighters used shields IN REAL LIFE, this is a game.
Bottlenecks? GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY WAY: I will shoot all the guys defending, then we zerg.
Fighting 2+ enemies? Get some skill, I can fight 3 in melee
Range Cowards? No, we just cant be assed to run to you, if your willing to run to me AND get shot the whole time, GREAT, Ill kill you on the way, or when you get to me, I'm not bothered.
grey dont fight on the field, he run around and backstab leeching peasants

Nope, I just move from point A to point B, killing anything that gets in my way, untill I have killed them all or died. Simple.

grey, stop trolling

you suck at it
Aint trolling, shields are for cav and people who expect to be killed. I dont expect to be killed. I expect to kill.
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2011, 10:56:50 pm »
hahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaahahaaah!!

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2011, 10:58:16 pm »
hahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaahahaaah!!
i second that

Offline Noble Crassius

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Long live the Han
    • View Profile
    • http://rotk.ws/
  • Faction: Han Empire
  • Game nicks: Han_Ling, SiegeSome, Fallen_Knight
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2011, 12:27:47 am »
Lol look at this guys e-peen, it's right next to baltons in length AND thickness! (get it? they both have thick skulls  :lol:)
On it.

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2011, 12:37:01 am »
Aint trolling, shields are for cav and people who expect to be killed. I dont expect to be killed. I expect to kill.
This coming form the guy that dies in 2 war darts lol when i see him i dont expect him to fight, i expect him to run around like a chicken with his head cut off trying not to die form darts lol

Offline Castor

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: TS_Boyar_Castor
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2011, 12:44:59 am »
Erm.....proffesional fighters used shields IN REAL LIFE, this is a game.
Bottlenecks? GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY WAY: I will shoot all the guys defending, then we zerg.
Fighting 2+ enemies? Get some skill, I can fight 3 in melee
Range Cowards? No, we just cant be assed to run to you, if your willing to run to me AND get shot the whole time, GREAT, Ill kill you on the way, or when you get to me, I'm not bothered.
Nope, I just move from point A to point B, killing anything that gets in my way, untill I have killed them all or died. Simple.

bwhahahahaahha

do you do stand up?