Author Topic: WPP/WPF  (Read 2919 times)

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
WPP/WPF
« on: January 16, 2011, 06:01:07 pm »
+1
I noticed something about the WPP/WPF

I have two level 18 chars

One Handed 1 [1 WPF cost]   
Two Handed 1 [1 WPF cost]   
Polearm 110 [5 WPF cost]   
Archery 1 [1 WPF cost]   
Crossbow 1 [1 WPF cost]   
Throwing 1 [1 WPF cost]   

This is the character with THREE in weapon master

One Handed 1 [1 WPF cost]   
Two Handed 1 [1 WPF cost]   
Polearm 94 [4 WPF cost]
Archery 1 [1 WPF cost]   
Crossbow 1 [1 WPF cost]   
Throwing 1 [1 WPF cost]   

This is the character with ONE in weapon master

Just thought people making new builds would find this useful. As going above one wpf is a waste tbf :(

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
Re: WPP/WPF
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 06:04:14 pm »
+1
You seem to have posted your builds at low level, but whats your point? That more wpf costs more points to increase? Yes of course it does. Does having more wpf make u better, faster, tougher, stronger? Yes it does. Is Weapon Master the most usefull skill to buy? Yes it is. Does a Str only build fail? Yes it does. Are Shields and IF points for noobs? Yes, they are. Are we done? I hope so!
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 06:06:16 pm »
+1
As going above one wpf is a waste tbf :(

Just realised what you meant, I think. Response: Give me you dealers number pls? You are obviously smoking the good shit.

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 06:09:05 pm »
+1
You seem to have posted your builds at low level, but whats your point? That more wpf costs more points to increase? Yes of course it does. Does having more wpf make u better, faster, tougher, stronger? Yes it does. Is Weapon Master the most usefull skill to buy? Yes it is. Does a Str only build fail? Yes it does. Are Shields and IF points for noobs? Yes, they are. Are we done? I hope so!

18 isn't a low level. It is a mid level
My point is that you get very very little return on your investment for wpf
More wpf does not make you faster, only your weapon speed
It does not make you tougher or stronger
Weapon master is not the most udeful skill to buy, as seen in the first post
Str build only does not fail, as it is a throwing class. With 7pt and 7ps
Shields are not foor noobs, they are for people who cannot manual block or do not want to get ranged in the face
I don't see where you appraisal of IF and shield skill came from. Possibly you got confused

We are not done, seeing as everything you have just written is rubbish, to be frank
The ball is in your (collective court)

Offline Noble Crassius

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Long live the Han
    • View Profile
    • http://rotk.ws/
  • Faction: Han Empire
  • Game nicks: Han_Ling, SiegeSome, Fallen_Knight
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 06:16:13 pm »
+1
Your point doesn't make sense the cost per wpf will go up whether or not you invest in WM
18 isn't a low level. It is a mid level - Eh its a pretty low level
My point is that you get very very little return on your investment for wpf - bs hybrids builds live of this shit. at WM 8 I get 110 wpf points hows that useless?
More wpf does not make you faster, only your weapon speed - weapon speed increases is what hes talking about, plus since speed increase so does your damage indirectly.
It does not make you tougher or stronger - makes you more useful.
Weapon master is not the most udeful skill to buy, as seen in the first post - first post is fail.
Str build only does not fail, as it is a throwing class. With 7pt and 7ps - see "wallace" the both of you
Shields are not foor noobs, they are for people who cannot manual block or do not want to get ranged in the face - /agree
I don't see where you appraisal of IF and shield skill came from. Possibly you got confused - hes been trolling shield/IF on another thread  :D. Tis mostly true tho..mostly

We are not done, seeing as everything you have just written is rubbish, to be frank
The ball is in your (collective court)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 06:19:00 pm by Fallen_CrassiusV2 »
On it.

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 06:19:54 pm »
+1
Maxing WM is very good for splitting WPF.
For example, 2h+polearm so you can halfsword better.
Or polearm+1h, when the thrower spam is just too much, load out with shield and sword instead of poleaxe.
Or of course, everyones favorite, melee+ranged.
That super high stacking of wpf is disabled now is a good thing (and of course you can stop buying weapon master for something else if your character married his 2h sword, but two points in IF will be just as useless as only two extra wm).

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 06:22:39 pm »
+1
It's not a waste :/

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 06:30:00 pm »
+1
Weapon master, now more than prepatch, is THE BEST thing to buy: "only swing speed" OP says is increased: FALSE, it ups your dmg. And since you faster and tougher, thats good right? Ironflesh does NOTHING unless you are in plate armour, Shields are melted by anyone with half a brain, and "people who cannot manual block" translates to: PEOPLE WHO ARE PLAYING THE WRONG GAME. Warband and cRPG are not some MMO where each class has its place: Its about personal skill, and there are 2 essential skillls: Timing, and blocking. Using shields is NOT one of those skills. Theres a reason a weapon will never break when you block, but shields break: The reason is, shields are a silly thing, a crutch, learn to walk alone.

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 06:43:00 pm »
+1
grey, stop trolling

you suck at it
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 07:49:54 pm by ThePoopy »

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011, 07:47:59 pm »
+1
Really. Next to pikes I would say shields are the most important part of infantry on the field!  :?
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2011, 07:49:10 pm »
+1
grey dont fight on the field, he run around and backstab leeching peasants

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2011, 07:54:48 pm »
+1
I would like to know how to rush a bottleneck (doors, gates, etc.) without shields. Or how to cover archers on open field maps. Or how to fight against 2+ enemies simultaneously (and effectively). Or how to not make ranged cowards (  :mrgreen: ) more effective than they already are.

Shields really must be for noobs. If all those professional fighters, soldiers and knights in all those thousands of years of shield usage had known this!  :P
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2011, 08:02:29 pm »
+1
I would like to know how to rush a bottleneck (doors, gates, etc.) without shields. Or how to cover archers on open field maps. Or how to fight against 2+ enemies simultaneously (and effectively). Or how to not make ranged cowards (  :mrgreen: ) more effective than they already are.

Shields really must be for noobs. If all those professional fighters, soldiers and knights in all those thousands of years of shield usage had known this!  :P

oh my god :)

Not going to say whether or not shield is for noobs..but the history arguments never have a place in a game that cares about balance.

And fighting against two or more opponents without a shield is not hard, ive seen plenty of people doing it, and ive done it myself (Holding down RMB is not something i would refer to as fighting btw).

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2011, 08:07:13 pm »
+1
Well... Honestly I'd prefer playing without a shield on my melee char. But since any arrow will likely take 1/2 of my health, that's not really an option. Don't argue about "evading"... Arrows are too fast to be seen and avoided individually, and someone can allways hit you because you are sticking with teammates. Beside that, any decent archer will likely headshot a 2h zigzagging in front of him. And finally, shield is the equipment of choice if you want to fight against multiple opponents (except ranged classes who will always kill a pure melee if they are two or more focusing).

oh my god :)

Not going to say whether or not shield is for noobs..but the history arguments never have a place in a game that cares about balance.

And fighting against two or more opponents without a shield is not hard, ive seen plenty of people doing it, and ive done it myself (Holding down RMB is not something i would refer to as fighting btw).

Holding RMB ? How do you kill people, exactly ?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 08:09:13 pm by Kafein »

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2011, 08:15:58 pm »
+1
 :rolleyes:

Shields for noobs? 2h Elitism at its finest. This is the philosophy that causes people to masturbate their own ego on how leet their build is and then in the same breathe complain about the OPness of archers.

Shields are a tool. The best 1h players I've seen are just as good at manual blocking as the top 2h and polearm users. Shields are a necessity against ranged and a luxury in melee. Don't think you need a shield? Well... lets look at some numbers

Say you're a really good manual blocker. Say you have  a global block rate of 80% in real combat. That means 4 out of 5 hits you stop easily. However, there is that last hit to consider. With a shield, you block 100% of the hits so long as you aren't a complete failure, but the trade off is that you're mince meat if they pull out an axe and that your weapon will have less reach and damage.

This means you have less offensive capabilities. In order to rack up the kills like a 2h user, you have to be that much more awesome at feinting and footwork.

Does having a shield appeal to those who can't manual block worth a shit? Absolutely. Guess what though? They're as screwed as a blonde on her back when they pull out that long axe though, and probably won't be topping the scoreboard.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol: