Author Topic: An Idea About Alts + Main  (Read 1927 times)

Offline Elerion

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • Pink Team
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Elerion
  • IRC nick: Elerion
Re: An Idea About Alts + Main
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2011, 03:04:14 am »
Ha ha, you adorable kids and your rational requests. Don't you know that the time spent playing on an alt is magically different and useless than time spent on a main character even if your alt is just like hundreds of other main characters in the game. Stop requesting equal rewards for equal effort put into alternate characters. Variety is a sin! Stick to your main!
Yes, cRPG would be devastated if alts could trade with mains! Economic breakdown! Game balance disaster!

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2011, 04:44:01 am »
You know what I want?  A one time option to "consolidate" your characters, deleting all your alts and giving half the gold and heirloom points to your main.  Somehow I doubt this is a good idea or one the devs would be willing to try, but hey, I can dream. 

I feel as though over time, us altaholics have been slowly sabotaged by these insidious developers!  They have been plotting to take power from the alts and give it to the mains in a sort of grand centralization scheme.  I say we stand up to these monstrous aristocrats, once and for all!  Who's with me?!

I JUST WANT TO PLAY ON ME ALTS AND MAKE MONEY ON STRAT! SO OK!

Yes, cRPG would be devastated if alts could trade with mains! Economic breakdown! Game balance disaster!

Well, that's why I said to make them non-tradable, but mainly just for use among your characters o.0

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Late 15th cen. English Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2011, 05:37:48 am »
A neat way to do Mains and Alts, or rather, "Leaders" and "Retainers":

Allow alts to trade with main char; Don't allow alts to trade on player to player market.

Increase soft level cap for main chars for every generation they have. Gen 1 chars could have the cap start at lvl 20 (maybe 25), so that gen 2 chars have the cap at lvl 21 (or 26). Alts have the cap start at lvl 15, or something around there. Generating would only give heirlooms to main chars when they reached their soft lvl cap for that generation.

There can be INT based skills, like trade and leadership, that give your alts better deals on the regular item marketplace, or increase xp gain, etc. That way, some people would make supportive main chars that boost the alts, and others would have combat main chars that max out personal fighting ability instead.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2011, 06:32:09 pm »

Allow alts to trade with main char; Don't allow alts to trade on player to player market.

Increase soft level cap for main chars for every generation they have. Gen 1 chars could have the cap start at lvl 20 (maybe 25), so that gen 2 chars have the cap at lvl 21 (or 26). Alts have the cap start at lvl 15, or something around there. Generating would only give heirlooms to main chars when they reached their soft lvl cap for that generation.

There can be INT based skills, like trade and leadership, that give your alts better deals on the regular item marketplace, or increase xp gain, etc. That way, some people would make supportive main chars that boost the alts, and others would have combat main chars that max out personal fighting ability instead.

Not going to happen lol D:

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2011, 09:46:47 pm »
But you know it'd be mad cool, just sayin.

It'd be like your own little mini faction, with a unique internal structure and playstyle =/////

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2011, 10:17:13 pm »

didnt you post about having INT and CHAR skills before?? and any way if you cap the level at 20 peoples builds wont even be half done and its almost as if your making them retire just so they can finish their build...
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2011, 04:11:18 pm »
didnt you post about having INT and CHAR skills before?? and any way if you cap the level at 20 peoples builds wont even be half done and its almost as if your making them retire just so they can finish their build...

(INT/CHA) Yeah, but so have many people.

Their builds wouldn't be half done compared to current builds, but this new way would create different expectations for what a finished build is.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2011, 06:06:50 am »
BUMP BECAUSE I REALLY WANT THIS!

Offline Greziz

• Baron
  • Renown: 112
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kerin__Grahm_BRD, Linden_BRD, secretary of BRD
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2011, 03:53:15 am »
alts should so give money to the main at the very least i agree I miss being able to play my alt free of worry that I am not helping my strat friends.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2011, 04:07:50 am »
Yeah, why not to give everyone everything useable on any char?

Oh wait...

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2011, 04:45:52 am »
I think there should be "account heirlooms," heirlooms that belong to your account, that can be switched between characters, but cannot be traded.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2011, 05:09:39 am »
I think all of you that keep popping ideas how to deal with looms should just fucking get over it and focus on game. I had like 11 loom points, i sold em all, i play with unloomed gear, and yet i am competitive. You do not see me whining about not being able to transfer/trade looms among my own chars, cause i do not what? I do not DEPEND on looms.

Yeah, they might be quite a boost, if you are all loomed out, but cmon, you are making it feel like you cannot play without them at all, which is nonsense. You want a loom on your alt, loom it by him. Simple enough.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2011, 08:05:22 pm »
I think all of you that keep popping ideas how to deal with looms should just fucking get over it and focus on game. I had like 11 loom points, i sold em all, i play with unloomed gear, and yet i am competitive. You do not see me whining about not being able to transfer/trade looms among my own chars, cause i do not what? I do not DEPEND on looms.

Yeah, they might be quite a boost, if you are all loomed out, but cmon, you are making it feel like you cannot play without them at all, which is nonsense. You want a loom on your alt, loom it by him. Simple enough.

Well it seems you are in the minority ^_^

Offline _JoG_

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 9
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swordsman for hire
  • Game nicks: Givi
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2011, 08:23:03 pm »
Think globally, cRPG is nothing without Strategus, lots of changes that are made to cRPG are Strategus-aimed.

During the last Strategus, there were a lot of guys who had characters made "for fun" which they played on public servers, and so called "Strategus characters". Strategus aimed character builds designed for battles where you will always have the support from your teammates were often completely useless in cRPG battles where 99% of players have no idea what teamwork and support are. Of course, leveling "Strategus character" on a public server was a pain in the arse, so, after leveling it, those players did not use it on the public servers anymore. They played on their normal "fun" characters designed for public battles instead.
As I understand, chadz wanted to avoid this situation in the current edition of Strategus. In other words, you are encouraged to play on your main character on public servers and in Strat battles. You are supposed to have the most fun while playing with your main character (why is it called main otherwise?). More time played = more heirlooms. Preventing heirlooms exchange between the alts and main chars is one of the steps for making people play with their main chars most of the time. If you don't like playing your main char, then feel free to respec to the more satisfying build at any time.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 08:26:49 pm by _JoG_ »

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2011, 05:26:24 am »
Think globally, cRPG is nothing without Strategus, lots of changes that are made to cRPG are Strategus-aimed.

During the last Strategus, there were a lot of guys who had characters made "for fun" which they played on public servers, and so called "Strategus characters". Strategus aimed character builds designed for battles where you will always have the support from your teammates were often completely useless in cRPG battles where 99% of players have no idea what teamwork and support are. Of course, leveling "Strategus character" on a public server was a pain in the arse, so, after leveling it, those players did not use it on the public servers anymore. They played on their normal "fun" characters designed for public battles instead.
As I understand, chadz wanted to avoid this situation in the current edition of Strategus. In other words, you are encouraged to play on your main character on public servers and in Strat battles. You are supposed to have the most fun while playing with your main character (why is it called main otherwise?). More time played = more heirlooms. Preventing heirlooms exchange between the alts and main chars is one of the steps for making people play with their main chars most of the time. If you don't like playing your main char, then feel free to respec to the more satisfying build at any time.

But this is cRPG and Strategus. Some people aren't going to play Strategus, nor does cRPG revolve around playing Strategus.

Also, no one knew when Strategus was going to come out. How are we suppose to still play on one character and retire only one character not even knowing when Strategus would be out. Also, this isn't even the real Strategus currently. This is the old Strategus, and it will be wiped when the new one is finished.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 05:31:56 am by Miley »