Author Topic: archery calculations documentation  (Read 1708 times)

Offline Torost

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
archery calculations documentation
« on: July 22, 2011, 05:25:33 pm »
Could someone intheknow create a summary  of how archerybuilds works?
I can only find outdated scattered info on the subject.
How wpf affect speed and accuracy,
Does powerdraw affect anything other than the dmg?
How important are missilespeed for dmg.
Does the +dmg on the arrow deal piercedmg on top of the cut dmg?

It is very frustrating to try and build a good archer when u can not know what affects what .. and how much.

Is the powerdraw +dmg canceled when you have too little wpf or does it just affect accuracy?

These things must be documented.

I guess the overcomplexity is built into warband, but please make some coherent documentation.
So we can atleast approximate some numbers.
This would be very appreciated.

Or if not in detail. Effective dmg stats vs various armours with the various bows+arrows.
Something.

Anyone?
DevTeam?
BalanceTeam?

Offline Largg

• Earl
  • Renown: 321
  • Infamy: 36
    • View Profile
Re: archery calculations documentation
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 12:52:49 pm »
Word. I've got no idea how the different stats affect archery. MW rus bow with 103 accuracy is more inaccurate than a short bow with 96 accuracy (9 PD). Not to mention the arbalest with equivalent wpf being a terribly more effective in means of accuracy.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 01:10:50 pm »
+2
- wpf increases accuracy, damage(slightly) and animation speed, but not shot speed
- PD increases damage and shot speed up to (PD <= bow_difficulty + 4). it also increases hold time which is not limited by bow difficulty
- missile speed has no direct impact on damage. however for slow shot speed weapon the movement speed of the target and gravity caused speed gain/loss habe a bigger impact on damage than on a high shot speed weapon. explained
- only bow base damage determines the damage type. projectile damage type has no effect. mighht change in the future with WSE
- with too low wpf PD is reduced

« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 01:15:18 pm by Paul »

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 04:27:59 pm »
+2
I wrote out a great long thread about how since you chose the Rusbow, dmg shouldnt be your conern anyway, you chose to pewpew a lot. But then I deleted it and decided to be helpful:

DONT get more powerdraw than your bow needs: holding your shots longer wont make you any better, it will just make your ROF drop.
DONT go past 18 STR, you need those other points for running the f*** away when Spammitar Huscarl SHielders rush you in a mob.
DONT use any bow untill you have 18STR, it will just give you a false expectation of accuracy
DONT buy or heirloom RusBow, it doesnt kill.
DONT worry about your arrow dmg, take w/e has the right amount of ammo for you.
DONT listen when they call you my old friendcher, they are just jelous that they have limited themselves to hitting ppl with sticks, like cavemen.
DONT expect to hit anything at range untill you have 150+ wpf: Longshots are to be attempted and give a nice surprise when they kill
DONT run untill enemy is literally too close for another shot

DO kite your targets into your mates.
DO remember that archer is a SUPPORT class. I close 1v1 in melee, either myself or opponent WILL die. With archery you do dmg without being under attack yourself, so dont be greedy: Shoot carefully, and dont worry about kills, your team will kill much easier once entire enemy team has taken a bodkin to the chest. The "Heroes" will think they are great, but us archers know the truth: Outperform enemy archers and your team will have MUCH MUCH more HP than enemy team when the fight kicks off.
DO remember that as soon as every greedy nub with a shield sees that they can get to you without having to fight melee troops, THEY WILL GO FOR YOU.

Game is about fun, not perfect build, if you like perfect build game they got one, its called WoW, all you do is perfect build on that.
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 06:02:18 pm »
I know, my old friendcher is such a big insult.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 10:49:29 pm »
Although Paul is a part of balancing team afaik, the devs have previously stated that they don't want to release documentation.

This is to prevent theorycrafting and "perfect" builds from proliferating. Testing and your own experience and time should be the best way to figure out a build. Still as time goes by, players do perfect and share their builds on the forums.

Also remember that most of the attributes are hardcoded into warband, and the devs of cRPG can only manipulate a few parameters, mostly weapon stats and different manipulations of how the Character Attributes points gets used.

(i.ex how many wpf you get per weaponmaster, and behind the scenes boosting of throwing wpf etc.)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 11:33:28 am »
Holy shit, Thomek! Where you play these days? Just DONT see you around anymore.....or maybe I dont see you cause you JUST SO FLIPPIN NINJA!  :mrgreen:

Offline Belatu

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 111
  • what
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Belatucadros
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 12:01:19 pm »

- with too low wpf PD is reduced

You mean that red text saying "your wpf is too low for this" or something....???
My fridge is my shield

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 04:30:36 pm »

You mean that red text saying "your wpf is too low for this" or something....???
That'll be it yeah :D

I ignore that text, I ignore the stats of the weapons, I ignore other archers most times: Longbow, its the dogs bollocks. You can use it at level 15 if you dont convert any stats, and from then on you can drop bombs: You may not hit every time, you wont kill everytime, but there is NO toon in the game who can disreguard a bodyshot from a longbow: They feel it, they hate it, soon they fear it.

Archers: we decide the battles, we set the killzones, we choose whose life to turn off at will. We are nerfed and nerfed, but they still fear us: We dont need the calculations, we just need to lead the guy on the Puuuuuuuuullll, relax, release, laugh at the corpse and move on.

Offline MeevarTheMighty

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/
  • Faction: RDP
  • Game nicks: Genemeve et al
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2011, 12:42:13 pm »
+1
Is obfuscating the "perfect build" really helpful?

Strikes me as an admission of defeat by the balancing team; "The game is unbalanced, but we will restrict exploitation to the few people who collect their own data".

This is fine, but it contradicts the whole "skip the fun", "give the newbies a chance" mantra that c-rpg has taken up (for some reason). If the aim is balance, restricting access to this information can only slow the inevitable. The secrets will seep out in time and meanwhile, balance will hardly have progressed, because you will have confounded your own data.

At the moment I'm trying to fix a full Power Draw, Archery wpf: 1 character I made back before the upkeep patch. He takes several shots to kill a naked agility character now, so I guess STR builds have been nerfed considerably (ie. made completely redundant). So much for diversity. If you can't balance the system, just butcher it? Anyway, It'll take me a week to find out what the new maximum damage/shot build is unless anyone has the information already. In the short term, if this information is public, I will be saved some tedium. In the long term, if it isn't, I'll have the edge over would-be damage archers who don't invest in said tedium.

Offline Elerion

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • Pink Team
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Elerion
  • IRC nick: Elerion
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2011, 02:33:33 pm »
DONT get more powerdraw than your bow needs: holding your shots longer wont make you any better, it will just make your ROF drop.
DONT go past 18 STR, you need those other points for running the f*** away when Spammitar Huscarl SHielders rush you in a mob.
DONT use any bow untill you have 18STR, it will just give you a false expectation of accuracy
DONT buy or heirloom RusBow, it doesnt kill.
DONT worry about your arrow dmg, take w/e has the right amount of ammo for you.
DONT expect to hit anything at range untill you have 150+ wpf: Longshots are to be attempted and give a nice surprise when they kill
DONT run untill enemy is literally too close for another shot
I disagree with all of this.