Author Topic: Someone introduce a market deflation.  (Read 4597 times)

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
Someone introduce a market deflation.
« on: July 22, 2011, 03:18:24 pm »
This is crazy. I've not bought a damn thing on the market for a month for the simple reason that people are asking tremendous prices for their heirlooms.

Back up a few months ago and you'd find an heirloom point running for 200k and a masterwork weapon selling for perhaps 400k or on the high end demand, 600k.

Now we're seeing x2 weapons selling for the old MW prices, and a SINGLE heirloom point selling for the price of the current x2 weapon (old MW prices).

I've been hoping to purchase a decent weapon on the market for a while, but I refuse to buy anything for the prices asked. Seriously, masterwork shashkas are not worth a million gold. Right now big players are the only people who can buy anything on the market.

I'm not saying "drop the prices so I can buy shit," I'm just asking for fair trade on the market, versus trying to screw each other over for a profit. I imagine everyone would benefit, and stuff would get sold faster.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Damug

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Someone introduce a market deflation.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 03:21:42 pm »
The poors will always be poor and the riches will always be rich.  It is truly the nature of any economy.

Seriously though, with less people retiring because of strategus both heirloom points and heirlooms themselves increased in value.

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 03:30:32 pm »
dont worry the ~INVISIBLE HAND~ will sort it out
FREE ALLERS

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 03:40:40 pm »
dont worry the ~INVISIBLE HAND~ will sort it out
Go to hell yer right wing bastard!

Wait, I'm capitalistic as fuck in c-rpg.

I don't need this deflation crap, I want more money.

I vote no to this bill.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 04:18:31 pm »
Don't think this is going to change. People are going to charge what people are willing to pay.

It doesn't help matters either that it takes a hell of a long time to get to 31. Makes heirlooms even more rare.

Offline Hotpokka

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 04:23:21 pm »
Market deflation? Are you suggesting devaluation of the cRPG$? Or do you mean a price ceiling?

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 04:48:43 pm »
+2
Looks to me like a solid reason why upkeep is not too high: if heirlooms keep increasing in price, that suggests that at least some people have lots of gold to spend, right?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 04:55:24 pm »
+1
Looks to me like a solid reason why upkeep is not too high: if heirlooms keep increasing in price, that suggests that at least some people have lots of gold to spend, right?

Ehhhh.... Don't balance something based on "some" players...

Tydeus for example has so much money that he can simply play the market game and with trading and selling and buying make a few hundred thousand a week hence his stupid high levels of gold now... Upkeep of any level simply does not effect him due to him keeping an eye out on the market for good deals, as well as having the cash to take "invest costs" and turn them around without blinking.

Balance off of the average player not the 100 or so super rich guys.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline SPQR

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA
  • Game nicks: CSA_Gen_Robert_E_Leet
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 04:56:27 pm »
+1
As long as you're able to sell heirlooms people who can grind all day every day will always be rich no matter how high you set upkeep.
"It is well that war is so terrible - otherwise we would grow to fondle it." - Robert E Leet

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player
  • Please respect all admins and thier decisions.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Solo
  • Game nicks: Lordark
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 05:01:13 pm »
DONT PAY FOR OVer PRICEd ITEMS! Tell the grind nerds to go to hell!
Never forget the day Dragons came to Calradia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related
My personal theme song, We will never surrender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1xqAjQ5e4

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2011, 05:17:44 pm »

This is pretty retarded logic.  The top 1% have 98% of the money, let's tax the middle class.  Wait, what?  You're republican aren't you?
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Damug

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2011, 05:27:01 pm »
This is pretty retarded logic.  The top 1% have 98% of the money, let's tax the middle class.  Wait, what?  You're republican aren't you?
I voted for bush both times. Now I am a card carrying member of the tea party and nra. Verily I am one with the spirit of America.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2011, 05:36:01 pm »
Phasey your post are starting to sound more and more retarded... wtf dude  :?:mad:'

Also you gotta take into account players who have been archers for 9 gens before upkeep and mad upkeep and players that exploited the no upkeep bug who would have had a billion gold by the time the market place even got created.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 05:37:05 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Kay of Sauvage

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2011, 06:25:54 pm »
This is crazy. I've not bought a damn thing on the market for a month for the simple reason that people are asking tremendous prices for their heirlooms.

Back up a few months ago and you'd find an heirloom point running for 200k and a masterwork weapon selling for perhaps 400k or on the high end demand, 600k.

Now we're seeing x2 weapons selling for the old MW prices, and a SINGLE heirloom point selling for the price of the current x2 weapon (old MW prices).

I've been hoping to purchase a decent weapon on the market for a while, but I refuse to buy anything for the prices asked. Seriously, masterwork shashkas are not worth a million gold. Right now big players are the only people who can buy anything on the market.

I'm not saying "drop the prices so I can buy shit," I'm just asking for fair trade on the market, versus trying to screw each other over for a profit. I imagine everyone would benefit, and stuff would get sold faster.

We should ask you why won't you sell any of your heirlooms? The "high" prices people offer aren't enough to get you to part with them?

Well, that's the case for other people too. They want to acquire heirlooms, not sell them. They don't feel like those prices are "screwing people over" for profit, or else they'd be jumping at the chance to sell their own stuff (and thus cause a glut of competition to sell items, forcing prices down). Rather, it'll take a big offer to get them to sell.

If prices were to be forced down somehow, you'd probably find the bigger problem becomes that the items you want aren't for sale rather than the price being too high.

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2011, 06:28:25 pm »
Perhaps capped prices for heirlooms?  As in, set a maximum price per level of heirloom item.  This ensures people get good money for selling items, non-wealthy players have some hope of buying items, and we avoid unwanted inflation.  The only folks who seem to lose anything in this scheme are the folks already making tonnes of money.