Author Topic: plain cav shield.  (Read 1929 times)

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
Re: plain cav shield.
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2011, 08:22:54 pm »
There was this one guy with a blue arena shield and I kept chop chopin on it with a long axe (think I had around 7ps) and it didn't break. Must have hit it at least 7 or more times . Eventually I just left and moved on to another foe because it was getting comical and ridiculous.  Don't know if it was a bug or not (like that invincible bug that happens once in a while). Maybe his shield eventually broke..or not. Must have been crafted out of enchanted elven oak or something, lol.

Have you even read the above posts? 13 shieldskill makes any shield indestructible.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2011, 08:31:48 pm »
+1
I made a 13 shield skill Skip the Fun char. It's a blast. Amazing how few people know how to press the E button. The build allows use of the Nordic Short Sword, which is a very good weapon for having a 3 str requirement. Although with 1 Power Strike, you aren't going to kill anyone wearing above medium armor. This build can have a MAJOR impact on a siege match, regardless.

Offline Ginosaji

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kukurutz, Whale_of_pure_Harmony, Topfentascherl, TRAFFIC_LIGHT
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2011, 08:35:47 pm »
I made a 13 shield skill Skip the Fun char. It's a blast. Amazing how few people know how to press the E button. The build allows use of the Nordic Short Sword, which is a very good weapon for having a 3 str requirement. Although with 1 Power Strike, you aren't going to kill anyone wearing above medium armor. This build can have a MAJOR impact on a siege match, regardless.

I went for 11 shield skill, but beside that this is basically my fun-agi-skipthefun-character build.
Nordic short sword and long dagger are awesome, but I glance too often which is my #1 death cause :/

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2011, 08:41:34 pm »

The E button is pretty hard to use when you're fighting a shielder always moving, I can understand one standing still but try kicking one that's moving around.

Offline jspook

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Auphan
  • Game nicks: Pit
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2011, 09:05:57 pm »
This build can have a MAJOR impact on a siege match, regardless.

Pretty much all they would have to do is stand in the way, at the top of a ladder.  This effectively would block up all entrances, and force the opposing team to use deployable ladders, which a team thats heads up can just keep knocking down.
"Scissors needs a nerf because he beats me every time, but rock is just fine" - paper

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2011, 09:19:06 pm »
Pretty much all they would have to do is stand in the way, at the top of a ladder.  This effectively would block up all entrances, and force the opposing team to use deployable ladders, which a team thats heads up can just keep knocking down.

In the case of a shielder standing still you can just kick him, if he's moving around at the top of the ladder you can probably squeeze in and pass him easily, if not crush through is always there and will screw up any 13 shielders.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2011, 09:23:57 pm »
In the case of a shielder standing still you can just kick him, if he's moving around at the top of the ladder you can probably squeeze in and pass him easily, if not crush through is always there and will screw up any 13 shielders.

Strange how there are natural counters to everything... No, wait, everyone has to be a one man army... This must mean we need to nerf something...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline jspook

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Auphan
  • Game nicks: Pit
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2011, 10:53:41 pm »
So.  With ARCHERS shooting down the ramps and ladders, you think you are going to have tons of time to just get to the top and kick him?  as if you had all the time in the world?  Not to mention the 5 or so people waiting BEHIND the shielders with GLA or some other form of pole or heavy 2H waiting to overhead you as soon as you hit someone or get past the front?

I challenge you to try it.
(click to show/hide)
"Scissors needs a nerf because he beats me every time, but rock is just fine" - paper