Author Topic: Max time for holding attacks.  (Read 1577 times)

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Max time for holding attacks.
« on: July 21, 2011, 10:49:15 pm »
Would it possible to implement a max time of holding an attack. I feel silly when i ride around and see behing the enemy inf guys holding their spear in the ready to attack position for 10 minutes allowing to instantly fell any horse with no need for preparation. After 5 seconds, it goes back to holding it normally and you can do it agian.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Max time for holding attacks.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 11:12:45 pm »
+3
I don't really think this is necessary. You must be the only person who is bothered.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 12:36:08 am »
We already planned something remotely similar with WSE(realisation depends on cmp's cba status). A lot more sophisticated though, of course.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 02:46:16 am »
+3
Wait, somebody is gimping themselves by moving slower with a chambered attack and that disturbs you? Why single spears out anyways, when a chambered spear thrust is one of the more natural positions of holding a weapon?

I'm interested to hear about this feature though, although I don't know how similar it is to what is proposed.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 02:51:34 am by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 03:32:03 am »
We already planned something remotely similar with WSE(realisation depends on cmp's cba status). A lot more sophisticated though, of course.
wot? really? i pretty much just posted this cause i was bored and wanted to see what kind of inventive insults people would come up with. But okay then. 
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 04:11:46 am »
+3
wot? really? i pretty much just posted this cause i was bored and wanted to see what kind of inventive insults people would come up with. But okay then.

Good job, asshole
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 04:15:24 am »
People in this community are certainly creative, no doubt.

One day, when I've decided to charge on in full plate with my plated charger only to die in a single thrust of an infantry pikeman, my teammates simple stated that I should wear black armor next time, instead :mrgreen:

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 04:19:29 am »
People in this community are certainly creative, no doubt.

One day, when I've decided to charge on in full plate with my plated charger only to die in a single thrust of an infantry pikeman, my teammates simple stated that I should wear black armor next time, instead :mrgreen:
I sense a strength pikeman :!:
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 05:07:37 am »
+1
I sense a strength pikeman :!:

I love trolling around with a 12PS Long Spear  :mrgreen:

Glance my ass you stupid Elephants... Take THIS!  :lol:
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 06:32:49 am »
+2
Pointless feature. You already do less damage than the ideal hold time for attacks if you keep it chambered.
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2011, 06:36:37 am »
+2
Pointless feature. You already do less damage than the ideal hold time for attacks if you keep it chambered.

Yup, anything past the ideal 0.6 seconds in the ready position starts lowering the damage multiplier from 1.5 to 1.2 which is pretty significant.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2011, 12:28:04 pm »
Wait, somebody is gimping themselves by moving slower with a chambered attack and that disturbs you? Why single spears out anyways, when a chambered spear thrust is one of the more natural positions of holding a weapon?

I'm interested to hear about this feature though, although I don't know how similar it is to what is proposed.

this.

i can imagine how silly can be anything but a pikeman running for 1 mile with a.. say.. greatsword chambered over the head. but really... chambered pike thrust animation feels natural. and a 68 speed pike should stay chambered all the time for the sake of balance.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2011, 12:33:48 pm »
Yup, anything past the ideal 0.6 seconds in the ready position starts lowering the damage multiplier from 1.5 to 1.2 which is pretty significant.

should be fair for 2h hammers, bardiches, axes and anything with a heavy and unbalanced end. holding a heavy thing over your head and shoulders in a unnatural position would make you tired and lose momentum. but i'm pretty sure someone with a 1handed sword, could stay in left to right slash chamber position without naturally suffering damage penalty besides slow running speed (as it is). pikes and spears should feel comfortably chambered too with the slowest running speed (as it is).

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2011, 12:54:40 pm »
Ok, but make it this way for cav lancer too then....

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2011, 08:10:39 pm »
Oh guys, you are actually going to implement more and more ilogical barriers to the game?. Do you really want turn this to Crippled-RPG more and more?. That is a very bad idea. For a big amount of reasons. First. The game actually has a mechanic to make ppl avoid that. There is a sweet spot for chambering. If you pass it you will do less damage. Ppl with high latencies would suffer this more than ppl with low latency if you added it and there is no reason to add it appart from a guy who doesnt like pikes....IF you add this kind of stuff, then you must add many many other stuff that also its non sense. What about that if you dont use your sword for 10 seconds you have to sheat it or you have chances to drop it and hit your feet? wouldnt be cool?...
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"