Author Topic: can someone send me a link to create a clan?...pls  (Read 374 times)

Offline ALMA_LUSITANA

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
can someone send me a link to create a clan?...pls
« on: July 21, 2011, 10:00:15 pm »
hi,
can someone send me a link to create a clan,pls...or tell me how....thanks

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: can someone send me a link to create a clan?...pls
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 10:02:58 pm »
  • Make sure you already have a ready core of members. Never start a clan with just yourself unless you have a very good reputation already.
  • Make sure you have at least 4 members, minimum, otherwise you don't even qualify to obtain your own banner from the banner pack stickied at the top of this forum.
  • Make your CLan Page on this forum. "reserve" the next two posts after the original post for convenience sake in case you need them later. Make sure your clan page is started by your most active player or your leader so that it can be edited often.
  • Make your clan page look nice, not messy or cluttered.
  • Play together often.
  • Give your clan tag an easily distinguishable UNIQUE tag that is different from every other clan.
  • Make sure when you reserve a banner that no one else is using it.
  • Realize that if you want to be a clan that can participate in Strategus, you must have a character designated as a "main" and for the love of god don't designate lightly, as this makes all other characters "alts' and this is not reversable.

If you can do all of the above, then the answer is yes, you can start your own clan.
  • Don't recruit spam "Hey wanna join our clan?" When recruiting do so in a conservative fashion (not every hour on the hour at anyone with a pulse).
  • Target specific individuals if in game, not the entire server.
  • Don't try and recruit someone already in a clan, this reflects poorly on you.
  • Don't be a jerk on the battlefield.
  • You can ignore the previous bullet if you are extremely skilled. Skilled elite clans are cool.
  • Demonstrate first that you can play together properly as a clan. Lead by example, build a reputation (you choose what kind).
  • Don't expect people to flock towards your clan.
  • Adding a nice banner and a link to your clan page in your forum signature goes a long way towards grabbing recruits.
  • For small clans, make it very clear if you are based in the EU or the NA in your topic. Later on you can change this as your scope may grow larger, but when small try and stick to just one side of the pond (NA/EU/China/AUS etc pick just one)
  • Patience is a virtue. Having a Teamspeak or some other voice chat program is considered a "requirement" by a lot of people for joining a clan. Having a clan "theme" is also highly recommended to avoid the "just a bunch of friends" sydrome.
  • Don't listen too closely to what I say.  :wink:
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.