Author Topic: Churburg Price Discrepancy  (Read 698 times)

Offline Preacher

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Churburg Price Discrepancy
« on: July 20, 2011, 07:28:45 pm »
I was just wondering if anyone could explain why the blue churburg costs less than the red now, and they both cost less than the gold? Do they loom up differently or something?

« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 07:32:52 pm by Preacher »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: Churburg Price Discrepancy
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 08:41:42 pm »
+2
I was just wondering if anyone could explain why the blue churburg costs less than the red now, and they both cost less than the gold? Do they loom up differently or something?

Same reason why Gilded Hourglass Gauntlets cost more then standards, you pay for the added "pretty" factor.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Preacher

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 11:27:01 pm »
Ok but the plain Churburg costs the most, the absence of dyed cloth or paint makes it more expensive? Not that that theory isnt exactly like real society, Less perservatives, less salt, etc =more money.

And why quote the post topic? People really abuse quoting. You could have just said because of such and such, no need to quote at all.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 11:29:46 pm by Preacher »

Offline Gumdrawp

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: dolphin fan club
  • Game nicks: Gumdrawp_dfc
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 10:05:33 am »
+1
Ok but the plain Churburg costs the most, the absence of dyed cloth or paint makes it more expensive? Not that that theory isnt exactly like real society, Less perservatives, less salt, etc =more money.

And why quote the post topic? People really abuse quoting. You could have just said because of such and such, no need to quote at all.

its got gold on it. golds expensive yo, havent you seen the commercials?

Edit: apparently the red has gold as well, but it looks like the cloth gets replaced with chainmail for the expensive one. either way its an aesthetics choice, i know tydeus only wears that one because it looks better.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 10:27:20 am by Gumdrawp »

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Late 15th cen. English Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 06:44:11 pm »
They should be the same price or have different armor values. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, not everyone will think the chainmail version is better looking. It should have maybe 1 or 2 more leg armor points and an additional body armor point.