Author Topic: Strategus village AI not working?  (Read 1329 times)

Offline Sultan_Khalifa

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Sultan_Khalifa Fallen_Santa_Khalifa
Strategus village AI not working?
« on: July 20, 2011, 05:13:06 am »
I believe there is a problem with the AI as it is not working properly.

I have seen quite a few 60 vs 20-30 Battles

I have signed up for village defense with 50 slots free for 0,1,2,3 up 200 its not accepting

Mostly I do it at 0 because i believe the village doesn't have the money to pay me, but still and I don't get accepted.

any one experiencing the same thing ?

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
Re: Strategus village AI not working?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 05:18:28 am »
You need to request at least 1 gold to get accepted. Also, if you apply less than a hour before, it won't add you. It adds every hour and it won't add the hour the battle begins.

Offline Sultan_Khalifa

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 05:29:29 am »
You need to request at least 1 gold to get accepted. Also, if you apply less than a hour before, it won't add you. It adds every hour and it won't add the hour the battle begins.

well then its not working

and were did you get the information about 1 gold ?

- Strategus recruiting changed: every hour it hires applicants. Once hired, you can still be kicked out if the AI thinks there's a better applicant
- if you are not in the battle roster right before the game, don't give up - it kicks people out that have not been active right before the battle (like joining a server on using the website). This means you can still get in.
- the AI will remember your performance. If you do bad, your chances to get hired in the future sink drastically. At the same time, if you do good, you can ask for more money from the AI in the future.

- Sabotaging the AI is not allowed.

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GODQUEEN_PARTYGIRL_OF_BIRD
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 05:42:51 am »
I signed up for 0 gold a couple hours in advance and got accepted.  And we were outnumbered 2 to 1 and got destroyed.
Subject displays signs of antisocial behaviour
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 05:51:19 am »
well then its not working

and were did you get the information about 1 gold ?

I believe the thing about 1 gold requirement was in the same thread as that quote, but somebody just claimed to get in for 0 gold, so now I don't know. However, I've tried repeatedly getting in less than an hour before battle time, and it never worked. But if I apply for one gold over an hour before, I always end up getting in. When chadz says "right before the battle", I'm wondering if he meant what we would naturally think.

Edit: Just reread the previous post. Doesn't sound like a village battle. If it's not the AI accepting you, there wouldn't be a minimum payment even if it was programmed in for AI acceptance
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 05:53:23 am by Dehitay »

Offline Graf_Hodenschaf

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Trade Guild
  • Game nicks: Graf_Hodenschaf
  • IRC nick: Graf_Hodenschaf
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 06:47:57 am »
I offered my help for a village for 0 gold too and i joined the battle.
Livestreaming crpg:  twitch.tv/beerman_aut

Offline Lansamur

• Count
  • Renown: 232
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lansamur, The_Prisoner,Beer_Storage, Carebear_Ravenei
  • IRC nick: Lansamur
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 07:51:35 am »
Same, it worked for me as well with 0 gold and MORE than 1h of applying before. I never was acceptd if I applied in less than an hour before the battle though (and I have been active on Servers, c-RPG.net and Strategus). The AI seems very bugged at the moment, and it sadly takes the fun out of Strategus. The new system with Conquer the Spawn is okay, but doesn't make any sense with AI not taking anyone into account.
[22:17] <@chadz> congratz cmpxchg8b, you managed to put 995 errors into the item sheet!
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> epic winning
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> beat that Fasader

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 08:52:46 am »
The first battles I saw or fought with or against the villagers were OK - at least the teams were quite the same amount of fighters. The battles I fought the last days were totally unfair, as most times the attackers had twice the fighters on the scene, the villagers were always less then 30 ppl. In the roster were a lot of more fighters signed up for the villagers side. So either its something really fucked up with the AI during battle or ppl sign up for defending a village and just dont show up for the fight. Its really disappointing playing on the villagers side as you dont even have a slightly chance (ignoring the bad equipment).

I've been accepted for several battles on the villagers side with a request of 100 gold (havent tried more). So recruiting itself basically works, the ppl are just missing at the fight.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 08:55:21 am by dodnet »
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Freland

• Count
  • Renown: 172
  • Infamy: 14
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Freland
  • IRC nick: Freland
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 09:36:08 am »
Apparently the AI checks the roster every full hour to see if there are new applicants. So you have apply at least one hour before the battle. Maybe the time should be changed so that the AI checks the roster ten minutes earlier (0:50, 1:50, 2:50,...). That way people who apply quite spontaneously can still be added.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

each time you click the button, crpg gains popularity :D

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2011, 09:59:58 am »
many times i have appied but have not been hired (for 1 gold), battle start, half village mercs don´t show up... I´m here, i´m in spec mode on server 3, but i´m still in pending statut and i can´t fight to defend the village... Attackers take easily the spaw., over...

I don´t care for village, anyway equip is low and their is no defense, but if the same happens for castle and town it´s a shame.

This is not a request, i know strat is in test version, and once all fief will be taken there will be no problem.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 10:04:45 am by Gheritarish le Loki »

Offline Sultan_Khalifa

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011, 11:03:05 am »
Apparently the AI checks the roster every full hour to see if there are new applicants. So you have apply at least one hour before the battle. Maybe the time should be changed so that the AI checks the roster ten minutes earlier (0:50, 1:50, 2:50,...). That way people who apply quite spontaneously can still be added.

I like the 10 mint thing but maybe that well actually be a stren on the system

Offline Bazinga

• Count
  • Renown: 181
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Bazigna
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2011, 07:52:56 pm »
This needs to be fixed as soon as possible.

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2011, 08:37:01 pm »
It seems like the AI is hiring people again, so I would suggest applying now. Apply for like 1 or 5 gold. Unless you are always a no show or have some -5/300 ratio I would think you could get in.
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Bazinga

• Count
  • Renown: 181
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Bazigna
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2011, 09:42:46 pm »
It seems like the AI is hiring people again, so I would suggest applying now. Apply for like 1 or 5 gold. Unless you are always a no show or have some -5/300 ratio I would think you could get in.

Its not that the AI ist not hiring people, the AI is just not hiring anyone in less than an hour (not sure about the exact time).