Author Topic: Alternate archery game  (Read 678 times)

Offline Ethaor

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Alternate archery game
« on: July 19, 2011, 03:29:27 pm »
+1
Hey guys,

So it's been a long time since i last played cRPG and i just got back and played a few hours with my main char which is an archer, i love archery but the thing is with all the nerfs and all i'm just not having fun with this class in cRPG. The arrow speed is quite ridiculous and to me arrow speed is everything. I don't mind if it takes forever to aim and if it does very few damage but the arrow speed is so slow now that it kinda drives away all the fun about archery, it seems throwers are the new archers (lol). Don't get me wrong i do not have the pretention to claim archery is unbalanced or underpowered for i lack the experiance with the tweakings that occured on arrow's physics in the past few months but it's just not so fun. Given how easy it is now to avoid them very few arrows connect and those who does are most of the time lucky shots on the mass it seems. Add to that the fact that the good bows asks for 2 slots, meaning im either stuck at choosing between very few arrows and a decent weapon or enough arrows but naked in melee fights.

I don't know, that seems just silly to play an archer in this mod now. I deeply respect all the work that has been put into it though, still one of my fav mod/game.

So i was wondering if you guys would know of some other games, solo or multi that have a good archery physics? Cause except from m&b and Morrowind (which i just played too much) i can't think of any.

Thanks! and i hope i'm posting this in the right place. Excuse me if it's not.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
Re: Alternate archery game
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 03:58:07 pm »
go play COD
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 04:24:18 pm »
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.addictinggames.com/shooting-games/bowman2.jsp
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is very addictive :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 04:33:18 pm »
Easy, Melee Monday and my old friend-cher (damn you chadz!!!) Friday :)
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Ethaor

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 04:59:10 pm »
My main char has always been an archer since the beginning so i guess next retirement i could spec a melee for a change yes. Or keep the "my old friend-cher" like you say, for an alt cause it seems quite pointless to retire now except for heir-looming.

Ahah yes those flash game can be quite fun, they grow old eventually though. Thx for sharing! I'm kinda more into zombies when it comes to flash games :D