Author Topic: The 2h juggernaut or the fast Ninja?  (Read 3613 times)

Offline Mihai_qc

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
The 2h juggernaut or the fast Ninja?
« on: July 19, 2011, 04:28:04 am »
Dear readers,

Hello!

I've been trying multiple guides with the help of a very good guide who provided me with some financial assets in the first place. His name shall not be mentioned unless he wishes to come forward to prevent harassement.

So I've tried alot of builds; 2h+Xbow, 1h+Shield, Foot-Bow, Horse-Bow.

After alot of deliberation and ALOT of money lost (sadly, I kept reselling like an idiot quite expensive stuff, losing 50% of the money spent initially). I also did not know some stuff, like when I bought steel shield, I thought the difficulty was associated to STR and not Shields, which left a big fat black hole in my stomach after clicking "10K" buy button.

I decided to revert to my old 2h+xbow build because I've been quite succesful with it.

Oh and also, what are the builds you recommend? Str/Agility, where to put points, etc.

And, is Weapon Master that useful for 2h effective, and an "OKAY" xbow skill?

Anyways, please propose me builds and stuff and how succesful you've been with them.

Please post your gear too and if I should go heavy armor or medium armor and how much athletics, anyways, the usual stuff you know? :)

Best regards,
a C-RPG fan boy and hustler (j/k),
Mihai

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
Re: The 2h juggernaut or the fast Ninja?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 04:34:00 am »
I ll let other go deeper with details but if you choose a Strenght oriented build, use medium-heavy armor, if its Agility you take, stick to something lighter.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 11:05:17 am »
Pure Strength = Easy mode
18/18 = normal mode
Pure Agility = hard mode
Sir Tankmen, the Grandmaster of Order of the Lance, wrote this about a month ago, and I agree with him.
You can read the original post of his by clicking on the quoting link, more detailed info and discussion over there.

One thing I'd like to add is:
With more Strength, you can wear more varieties of armors, which means more roles to play as (Ninja, Samurai, Knight, Nordic Warrior)

Of course, you may see a light armored knight in tourney outfits, or samurais in their casual practice outfits, but they tend to give less immersion of the role a player plays since the general impressions on those roles would be heavy plates or gusoku.

Sorry, derailed from your original question.

2H / Xbow?

(click to show/hide)
Now you can be a sniper and put up a fight in close quarters as well.

And please note: I've never played an infantry 2H / Xbow before! If anyone else would give a much better and practical advice, I, myself, would be appreciated, for I'd like to know how the build should go.

Offline Mihai_qc

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 02:06:29 pm »
I Dunno, i've seen in games people absolutely WRECK FACE with that build; as in 15-2 wreck face.

Offline Zoidberg

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Awesome Bar: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 02:24:09 pm »
Here a xbow guide with example builds: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,8736.0.html
Sorry for my bad English.

Offline Mihai_qc

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 04:20:05 pm »
Thanks, can any succesfull experienced members in this domain may help me?

Offline Entaro

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Snowhawk Clan
  • Faction: Snowhawk Clan
  • Game nicks: SHC_Entar
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 05:34:02 pm »
The overall theme with strength is fewer, stronger  hits, and agility is quicker hits / more spam, but less damaging.  On this alone I think a heavier agility build lends itself to a bit harder time, especially in a siege battle where people get clumped up.

Especially in siege.  Strength lends itself to survivability and heavy hits meaning you can take more punishment and dispatch your foes quicker with fewer strikes.  heavy agility with a lot of athletics can dance all day but during that time reinforcements are flooding in.

Obviously both builds can be successful but I think I struck at a the jist of it.  The gentleman who made the easy/normal/hard mode analogy is spot on.

Offline Myltinous

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
  • Game nicks: Rhemus_Myltinous, Pippin_McGee
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 11:12:39 pm »
I would strongly suggest an agility build if you're looking to build a hybrid char as you need the high WM to have enough wpp to put into both proficiencies. The build posted by Kenji is a good one to consider. When playing a melee/ranged hybrid build, make sure you get your timing right on when to switch to melee; a common mistake made by people new to these builds is switching to melee too late. If someone's running up to you switch to melee in advance and ready yourself for a fight unless you are positive you can get that one last shot in. Good luck to you.
"One who thinks is one who conspires"
Ryan Myltoft
1992-present

Offline Mihai_qc

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 03:52:38 pm »
Thanks, taken into consideration.

Offline MouthnHoof

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: MouthnHoof
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2011, 04:43:27 pm »
2H+Xbow? come one man be original. This is the most worn out setup that can be: the brave knight that hides away while his melee buddies take the worst of it, to snipe from safety and pull out the 2Her for self defense. Even if you do not intend to, this is how it plays out in the end - unless you are a shotgun type that fires one bolt from 5 meters and then charges in. Almost as cheesy, but at least braver.

A real Xbowman uses the 2-slot heavier xbows. If you want to use the single slot things, just build a normal 2Her and equip an xbow - it is not a build, this kind of xbowmen is just a setup. Calling what you describe 2H+Xbow is like calling someone with a flemberg and stones a 2H+thrower.

Now, after I put you down here is my suggestion: Play either a 2H or Xbow, or play them both with the same character, just not simultaneously: Xbow & 1-slot 2H for Xbowman round, 2H & balls as a melee round.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011, 05:55:29 pm »
Pure Strength easymode? Lmao, NA is seriously underdeveloped.

Best builds atm for pure meleers are 18/21 and 21/18.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Joseph

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • I am your worst french nightmare.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2011, 03:28:58 am »
go for 18/21 great fun with high athl.

Enough skill can beat all the PS you can have.
"Dam those peasants bite hard"

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2011, 04:46:28 am »
+1
Pure Strength easymode? Lmao, NA is seriously underdeveloped.

Best builds atm for pure meleers are 18/21 and 21/18.

And by underdeveloped you mean we're so incredibly advanced that we know it's a fucking fruitless thing to even go agility unless you're a polestunning bundle of sticks nowadays.

Oh also, Risen is shit, auheuhae you guys changed the map to keep your multipliers when the NA'ers were kicking your asses with the shit ping we had.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 04:50:19 am by Patricia »

Offline Hisagi

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saints of War
  • Game nicks: SoW_BS_Toby_Moogle_King, sK_BlackHawk
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2011, 10:18:13 am »
18/21
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hisagi's Den of Gewdies

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2011, 02:26:55 pm »
And by underdeveloped you mean we're so incredibly advanced that we know it's a fucking fruitless thing to even go agility unless you're a polestunning bundle of sticks nowadays.

Oh also, Risen is shit, auheuhae you guys changed the map to keep your multipliers when the NA'ers were kicking your asses with the shit ping we had.
Lolwut? When did we change map and how considering none of us are admins. Also last time we went on the NA servers we were topping the scoreboards. I beat str build plate armour guys into a pulp with my 1hander for fucks sake. No, a balanced build is the best option. Personally I say 21/18 if your a "pure" whatever and 18/21 if your a hybrid. Get 7 WM and 140 in your main weapon and 110 in your secondary. 18/21 is also the best for pure classes in duels because of the extra athletics, but outside duels 21/18 is better.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia