Author Topic: Quiver question  (Read 939 times)

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Quiver question
« on: July 17, 2011, 06:30:32 pm »
So to minimize repair costs, I bring a Bodkins quiver and a Barbed quiver.

Which will the engine shoot first?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 06:23:22 pm by Kalam »
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
Re: Quiver question
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 07:18:56 pm »
Depends on which slot you put them in. I don't remember if it takes from top or bottom but just shoot one in the ground and you'll find out.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 07:22:42 pm »
Goes from top to bottom slot, or at least it should.

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 12:44:35 am »
Depends on which slot you put them in. I don't remember if it takes from top or bottom but just shoot one in the ground and you'll find out.

You don't. Numbers are combined and not reduced in inventory count.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 12:56:29 am »
What is this i don't even

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 01:03:16 am »

Try dealing with arrow upkeep and maybe you will figure it out. You don't want to load arrows you wont use. Since you likely won't use much more than a quiver (and maybe less than 1) on some maps, it doesnt make sense to load two 800 gold penalty bodkins that you wont use. Get some 148 gold barbed instead for the second quiver. However, if the system uses the barbed first, there is no point in loading bodkins at all, or you need to switch them around so that the more damaging arrows get used first.
That's why it is important to know which are being used first.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 02:13:38 am »
Agreed.

Try dealing with arrow upkeep and maybe you will figure it out. You don't want to load arrows you wont use. Since you likely won't use much more than a quiver (and maybe less than 1) on some maps, it doesnt make sense to load two 800 gold penalty bodkins that you wont use. Get some 148 gold barbed instead for the second quiver. However, if the system uses the barbed first, there is no point in loading bodkins at all, or you need to switch them around so that the more damaging arrows get used first.
Still agree with pTx.

Look he was asking for which quiver is used first and we answered him. He said that he wanted to use a bodkin and a barbed arrow quiver. Then we explained to him which came first. Than you came and started confusing everyone. I'm pretty sure he's smart enough to figure out that he should use the best arrows first.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 10:51:13 am »

Yes, and i explained that in my first reply. Your reply to that is out of place.