Author Topic: After-patch-Archery: How much wpf proficiency needed for a decent accuracy...  (Read 2238 times)

Offline KingKessler

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • I am a singer now, later I go town cryer business
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Schildbruder_Berlusconi
.. with the rus bow?
Silvio Berlusconi born 29 September 1136 is an Italian archer, the current Archer Minister of Italy, as well as an entrepreneur. He is also known under the nickname Il Cavaliere (literally, The Knight).

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
as much as possible. Archers benefit from WPF to accuracy more than any other class.

The minimum WPF is 14 per level of Power draw. You have to have at the least that. And that is before armor is calculated, so you actually need more; like 15 wpf per power draw.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Hisagi

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saints of War
  • Game nicks: SoW_BS_Toby_Moogle_King, sK_BlackHawk
I'm a 24/15 archer build (8 PD) and I use the rus bow mostly... have about... 145 wpf? Maybe a tad higher. And it is fine. I mean some shots are like, "Where did that even go?" But overall its fine and I do great with it. I like to get in the "shit" as an archer. So accuracy isn't a huge deal to me because of how my close quarters combat I do.

But overall its fine at longrange. Its more accurate than not. So I would say 140+ at least.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hisagi's Den of Gewdies

Offline Okkam

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
as much as possible. Archers benefit from WPF to accuracy more than any other class

I can paraphrase - Archer really NEED ALL WPF to be at least partially effective, but you don't need any wpf to be effective with melee weapon. Just take bec or glb or lolswords and do left-right swings.

at least 150 wpf for 6 pd.

Offline Hisagi

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saints of War
  • Game nicks: SoW_BS_Toby_Moogle_King, sK_BlackHawk
Disagree with the at least 150.

Unless you're going AGI archer than yeah, but if you're a STR build like me it's not going to destroy you if you don't have the crazy amounts of WPF people talk about. For PD 6? You prolly need like 120. However I do agree with NOT putting ANY other wpf points into anything but archery. 2handed archers are too spread out imo. I can take a 2handed archer with my 1wpf langes messer and still do fine (PS 5).
And then when it comes to range I completely annihilate them with power, speed, and accuracy.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 06:46:43 pm by Hisagi »

Hisagi's Den of Gewdies

Offline Remy

• Knight
  • Renown: 68
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remy_the_Fox
  • IRC nick: Remy
Hold fire until close range.  :lol:

Full WPF and power draw as high as possible would be nice.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 07:09:30 pm by Remy »

Fox, Horse Archer, Tker of Chagan.

Offline Gafferjack

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
I realize I'm going on a tangent and being a worthless pedant.

The minimum WPF is 14 per level of Power draw. You have to have at the least that. And that is before armor is calculated. And that is before armor is calculated, so you actually need more; like 15 wpf per power draw.

For clarification, this means that the requirement is checked after your proficiency is reduced from armor; not that you can meet the base requirement and then wear plate without getting the error message. So like Marathon said, you'll need more WPF than the PD requirement if you're going to wear heavier armor.
It might be best to explain the WPF requirements as being after armor reduction in the future, since it is less vague and implies that you need more WPF if you're going to break the weight limit.

Offline Bija

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Bija
Yeah, it's a matter of taste. I'm 18/21 with 163 and I still feel inaccurate. That's mostly due to post-patch demotivation and inadaptability, though. Before the patch I was satisfied with 150'ish WPF and PD 7.

Offline Argos

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: QuarkTheThird, ArgosTheSmelly, Bonk, GormTheSteady, Siro
I can safely say that 119 wpf is not enough for 6 PD. :D
I just wanted to use a longbow asap, probably should have waited a bit.. but with the next lvl of WM he should be viable.

Offline KingKessler

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • I am a singer now, later I go town cryer business
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Schildbruder_Berlusconi
I reached 138 wpf now, this is enough for rus bow
Silvio Berlusconi born 29 September 1136 is an Italian archer, the current Archer Minister of Italy, as well as an entrepreneur. He is also known under the nickname Il Cavaliere (literally, The Knight).