Author Topic: NA SIEGE And team switching exploit.  (Read 1625 times)

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
NA SIEGE And team switching exploit.
« on: July 15, 2011, 12:34:38 pm »
So me and a couple of friends just noticed the new trend of some clans and top players exploit to make sure they properly stack teams and choose the winning side.

I noticed alot of peoples going to spectator mode after the game allocated them a team so they pick a new team, most of the time they pick offense cause everyone know that play on siege servers offensive win atleast 80% of the times.

They clearly fool the autobalance system put in place  and stack the teams with all good players on one side so they end up rolling on multipliers alot more then legits players that just play on the team that the server allocate them.

So i am wondering if the developers and admins are aware of that kind of stuff going on and if this is allowed?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 12:42:04 pm by Kalam »

Offline Barbas

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • Great President of Hell
    • View Profile
Re: NA SIEGE And team switching exploit.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 01:25:38 pm »
+1
I'm not sure this behavior is actually exploitative - you may be interpreting it incorrectly.

I usually try to switch on to whatever team I most feel like playing.  Usually assault, as the very reason I play siege over battle is that I like the constant action and not waiting to respawn and fight again.  Though when I'm feeling a bit lazy, I try to go for defense so I can hang out and guard the flag or whatever.  I suspect that most other people switching teams do it similarly for personal preference, and not as an exploit to win.

The claim that assault wins 80% of the time.. pretty sure that one is confirmably false.  If you notice, just before map change, the total victories by team - I'm not sure if this number is for the particular map or in general - you'll see that there generally is not a huge difference between assault and defense victories.  Now sure, the bug whereby doors are weaker the first round does advantage attackers in the first round of some maps, and it may be that some maps are easier for one team or the other (though it is always hard to tell whether a map is intrinsically biased in this way, as so many that seem e.g. stacked in favor of defense become remarkably easy for attackers to win if they simply adopt the right strategy). 

But for the most part, where you think you see the 'good' players switching themselves to the winning team,  it may simply be that the winning team tends to be whichever team those players switch to.  That is, more likely it is just the team with the better players that wins.

In any case, autobalance should be keeping each team roughly equal in terms of the total levels of its members and whatever other factors it considers; it's not like one team can have forty lvl 30 players, while the other side has forty lvl 10 players.  It simply won't let you join a team if the other one needs you for balance - even at the beginning of the round, or if you go spectator first, or whatever.  It could be that autobalance could use some improvement (I have no view on that),  but it's not really designed to prevent you from switching to the team you'd prefer when balance allows.

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 01:30:45 pm »
actually, i'm pretty sure it's just banner balance.
FREE ALLERS

Offline Barbas

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • Great President of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 01:47:54 pm »
+3
 :?  Last time I trusted a bear..  I got bit by a bear.

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 04:28:08 pm »
You don't pick your teams, it auto places you on a team when you join servers. The "teams" menu is a lie.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 06:29:03 pm »
i dont consider it any exploit by any means at all.  The tools are there to let you try to get the team you want to join.  Its not like we're waiting to see which side is going to win at the last second and jump in for a free multi.

The problem lies in the fact that banner balance is pretty halfassed, it'll put 2/3 to 3/4 of the clan members on a team and leave a few out.  If banner balance put me with my clanmates 100% of the time I would never have to try and finagle my way to the team I wanna join.  Isnt some sort of better system in the works?

Offense is quite a bit easier, specially later at nite.  NA Siege admins leave alot to be desired in the map selection & rotation.

Offline Rangerbob

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rangerbob
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 06:45:38 pm »
+4
I agree about the maps.  As a siege admin I tend to change the maps I don't like or I know are horribly unbalanced.  The thing is if you don't like the maps go to the cRPG Forum » cRPG » Scene Editing section and vote off the maps that are horrible.

Offline runemaster

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vic_Rattlehead
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 07:32:17 pm »
It's mostly problems with the auto balancer interacting with banner balance, I think.  It tries to put all the banners on one team and those are all the same dudes who are lvl 30 with the best gear.

It will make teams 'even', but it puts 25 lvl 30, well equipped players, using teamspeak and playing coordinated against 40 lvl 1-30 randoms.  Last night was a particular example; one clan was steamrolling the peasant team pretty hard for the several hours I was playing.

It's not very competitive that way.  I get on the stacked team probably 50% of the time anyway.   Of course, I get switched and lose the multi, but c'est la vie.

I think a more even autobalance would just randomize and put equal players on each team after every map or round.  But that would make it better for randoms, not clans, and since strat is designed around clans, I'm not sure what is the preference.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 06:32:07 pm by runemaster »

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 07:41:58 pm »
I agree about the maps.  As a siege admin I tend to change the maps I don't like or I know are horribly unbalanced.  The thing is if you don't like the maps go to the cRPG Forum » cRPG » Scene Editing section and vote off the maps that are horrible.

Isn't this suppose to be a "and". Maps that you don't like AND that you know are horribly unbalanced.
Else it means you change the maps when two different things happens
-you know they're horribly unbalanced  OKAY
-you don't like them ABUSE
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2011, 12:02:03 am »
There is a way to actually by pass the autobalance, some peoples stay dead at the end of a round. There is something going on i suggest the admins to check it out.

Also let me explain if defense have 30 players and offense have 25 players, but better player get put on offense because there are less of them, well someone defense could go spectator and switch to offense and since there is less players on offense it will let him switch team, hence by passing the autobalance.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2011, 12:05:26 am »
When you go spectator, after having already joined a team, if you join again, you'll go in whatever team balance find it suitable to put you.

YOU CANT CHOOSE YOUR TEAM ! BALANCE DOES IT FOR YOU, LUCKY YOU !

Edit : Confirmed it's not on Battle. Will test on siege later.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 12:27:17 am by Bulzur »
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline hippy_with_a_scimi

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balbaroth since the dawn of times
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2011, 01:26:26 am »
So me and a couple of friends just noticed the new trend of some clans and top players exploit to make sure they properly stack teams and choose the winning side.

I noticed alot of peoples going to spectator mode after the game allocated them a team so they pick a new team, most of the time they pick offense cause everyone know that play on siege servers offensive win atleast 80% of the times.

They clearly fool the autobalance system put in place  and stack the teams with all good players on one side so they end up rolling on multipliers alot more then legits players that just play on the team that the server allocate them.

So i am wondering if the developers and admins are aware of that kind of stuff going on and if this is allowed?

what hes says is true , you can fool the autobalance i tested it and it work most of the time , it even work on battle mode...

you think the teams are stacked ? after the battle has been decided in that short frame of time , go spec , if your k/d actually decent , the game switch a guy similiar to you (more or less)  to the team that you left going spec , after you rejoin and voila , the numbers of times i switched the top player on the other team because i went spec mean it work and its real  , thats for battle obviously

for siege , you just go spec after the end of the battle , since siege reshuffle each round , it will balance in "fair" way then you can join whatever the team you want as soon as round start  , you have to pick the side quick as obviously other people are using this way to farm massive 5x all the time 

i think autobalance need a rework if you ask me , crpg changed so much it has to be recalibrate

edit: i forgot to say since the banner balance love to put me vs clans , i do it for the sake of the poor pubbies getting raped constanly in na
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 01:28:16 am by hippy_with_a_scimi »

Offline BcBKC

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kill Cult
  • Game nicks: KC_BcB
  • IRC nick: BcB
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2011, 03:17:32 am »
See i do this and they never get removed. They make some small update to them thinking its going to magically fix the map and make it balanced. Some maps are so bad they can't be fixed without turning it into a entirely different map. Stop trying to fix bad maps and just remove them.

The real exploit that needs to be fixed is people going to the equipment screen and not spawning while still getting xp.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 03:23:31 am by BcBKC »

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2011, 08:08:49 am »
So no admins or developers care about this exploit?

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2011, 08:19:44 am »
+1
I'm not sure this behavior is actually exploitative - you may be interpreting it incorrectly.

I usually try to switch on to whatever team I most feel like playing.
Same here, except I usually switch for defense. If the map is cav friendly, then I'd most definitely bring out my plated pony out of the stable and have some fun charging around, disrupting enemies, and getting some immersion feel out of couch lancing.

I don't care if I'm going to lose or not, I'm just on there to have fun!

There are bound to be trolls that either call me out on my plate fetish being homosexual, my constant RP rants being stupid, or my 'charging around couching people' being unskillful, unproductive, and yet again, homosexual.

You get used to that stuff eventually, though :mrgreen:.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 08:22:11 am by Kenji »