Author Topic: Siege Upkeep is Silly  (Read 856 times)

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Siege Upkeep is Silly
« on: January 15, 2011, 01:21:19 pm »
If you are a defender on Siege, your Goal is to defend the castle for as long as possible. Only when the castle has been defended for a set amount of time, do you get that sweet sweet multiplier everyone is after. Yet, of course the longer a round the higher the chance of stuff breaking. This seems like a conflict of interest. How about, for defenders on siege, its the other way round, the longer the round goes the LOWER your chance of shit breaking. This doesn't make any sense from a realism perspective, but from a gameplay percentage it does.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
Re: Siege Upkeep is Silly
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 01:38:52 pm »
I hope that's possible. Currently, Defenders are punished for winning.

Offline John408

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: John408
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 05:40:45 am »
If you are a defender on Siege, your Goal is to defend the castle for as long as possible. Only when the castle has been defended for a set amount of time, do you get that sweet sweet multiplier everyone is after. Yet, of course the longer a round the higher the chance of stuff breaking. This seems like a conflict of interest. How about, for defenders on siege, its the other way round, the longer the round goes the LOWER your chance of shit breaking. This doesn't make any sense from a realism perspective, but from a gameplay percentage it does.
that sounds about right, i mean theres NO realistic value about the Bold, but it is a game and all and it sounds better
Cyclist.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 08:30:13 am »
game was better when % break was static.

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 10:05:58 pm »
Hmm ... well, I don't know how the formula works exactly.
I just assume that every minute break chance increases by +4%.
Then having 100 4 minute rounds, that is 100 rounds with 16% break chance, on average every item should break 16 times.
Having 200 2 minute rounds, with 8% break chance each, you'd get exactly the same result.