Poll

Who should run NA Strat server

The Original NA Team (Me and the 30 others i have who help)
205 (57.7%)
LLJK_Zealot and shik
150 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 355

Author Topic: NA Strategus Server Poll  (Read 35835 times)

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: NA Strategus Server Poll
« Reply #390 on: July 15, 2011, 11:38:43 pm »
+1
My god, the crap people are spewing in this thread. Some of you must be wearing tin foil hats right now. ZEALOT WILL HAVE ALL OUR DENTAL RECORDS IF WE DO THIS! OH GOD!

Why isn't this thread locked yet? It was a stupid thread created to stir people up and spread missinformation and it's continued existance is pointless. chadz made an official decison, and Ecko being butthurt that chadz is in control and not him wont change anything.
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline Damug

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 15, 2011, 11:42:00 pm »
+1
Ecko has a long history of hosting a stable running server and has been more than fair to everyone who played by the rules.
If by stable you mean bogged down with ridiculous lag, and fair to everyone you mean everyone who is a sycophant to him then I agree wholeheartedly.
Zealot just a few weeks ago hijacked a server to ban and troll everyone online. That lies the difference.
Hijacked? All he did was a prank that took less than 5 minutes to reverse because ecko had an incompetent administration team that leaked the admin password.
Besides, ISPs don't release your home address unless a court warrant is involved  :wink:
I thought we were throwing out crazy instances that would never happen.  ISPs aren't going to release your password, but there is no legal obligation for them not to.  Maybe someone at the ISP makes a mistake and releases it to them.  Either way, it's neither here nor there because none of the situations anyone is concerned about are going to happen.

Offline Haru_Takeda

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • my glands are bigger than your glands.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnant
  • Game nicks: rottencrotchHaru, JesusHGHChrist, PowerGamingSpergLord, Palestinian_Takeda, Baby_Haru
« Reply #392 on: July 15, 2011, 11:43:48 pm »
I have a suggestion, why not Ecko set the server up and chadz/Dev team have full control over it.
Because if you cannot agree to that, this is purely a power struggle.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 15, 2011, 11:47:25 pm »
If by stable you mean bogged down with ridiculous lag, and fair to everyone you mean everyone who is a sycophant to him then I agree wholeheartedly.Hijacked? All he did was a prank that took less than 5 minutes to reverse because ecko had an incompetent administration team that leaked the admin password.I thought we were throwing out crazy instances that would never happen.  ISPs aren't going to release your password, but there is no legal obligation for them not to.  Maybe someone at the ISP makes a mistake and releases it to them.  Either way, it's neither here nor there because none of the situations anyone is concerned about are going to happen.

A) Not bogged down with lag
B) Yes hijacked. Many people were unable to play for hours because of what he did. It was not a very good show of character, and it does show malicious intent
C) They actually are liable. Invasion of privacy, potential risk, etc. etc. Many legal rules and confidentiality laws which would be violated, but hey thats off topic.

I have a suggestion, why not Ecko set the server up and chadz/Dev team have full control over it.
Because if you cannot agree to that, this is purely a power struggle.

Its been suggested many times. chadz/LLJK oppose it vehemently for some reason. The vast majority of people who oppose Zealot owning the server simply want a more reputable character to be the owner of the server.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
« Reply #394 on: July 15, 2011, 11:51:46 pm »
+3
Its been suggested many times. chadz/LLJK oppose it vehemently for some reason.

Really? chadz/LLJK?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Classical

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 133
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 15, 2011, 11:52:12 pm »
I'm sorry, I've refrained from posting [seriously] in this thread for neutrality reasons, etc.

But Seawied, you have to be trolling, no one is this fucking stupid, unless you're actually mentally handicapped. No one. Can be. This fucking retarded. Unless you're an actual retard, in which case, sorry buddy, never stop posting. By the way, I'm not being sarcastic in order to provide an insult, I legitimately think you're trolling or handicapped in some mental way.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 11:57:20 pm by Classical »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #396 on: July 15, 2011, 11:55:37 pm »
+2
WHO CARES THIS IS ALL OLD NEWS...

The new drama is...

chadz cheated and gave Fallen a village from favoritism!  :mrgreen:

And if that rumor does not take hold then I can start a better one...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Classical

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 15, 2011, 11:56:26 pm »
I'm in a furious love making affair with damug, this is just a rumor though.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 15, 2011, 11:58:49 pm »
Zealot, are you really stupid enough to see how people might not trust you after the shenanigans you pulled? Really?

You're a known troll. Not a "I TROLL YOU/Stupid post" troll, but someone who legitimately went out of their way to try to ruin the game for other people.

SURPRISE! People don't like you, Zealot. Wonder how that happened.  :rolleyes:

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 16, 2011, 12:00:38 am »
Seriously. This thread has gone on long enough. Everyone is ignoring every fact presented and saying the same things over and over for pages and pages, and it's not going to end unless either Ecko accepts that this thread was a bad idea and closes it, or a forums admin or chadz puts a stop to it. No one knows what they are talking about, and it has devolved into paranoid "WHAT IF?" agruments and off topic clan fueding. An official decision has already been made.
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline Classical

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 16, 2011, 12:01:38 am »
Apparently I've confused you, I'm sorry for that.

Anyway, moving back out of this thread, no idea why it's not locked.

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #401 on: July 16, 2011, 12:04:29 am »
What The FUCK

Herion not knowing anything says that the server will be in zealots house and can be accessed by him.(by access I mean personal info or whatever shit that can be harmful)

Then some other people say that it will not be in his house and it can still be accessed by him.

Then others are saying its neither in his house nor can it be accessed by him

So who the hell is right, I am utterly confused- Can a Developer clarify this and then lock the god damned thread?
Just a soldier

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 16, 2011, 12:08:33 am »
Really? chadz/LLJK?

Both chadz and LLJK members have vehemently opposed having someone else hos the NA strategus server, regardless of the admining rights on it.

@ManofWar: According to the Devs, Zealot will own the server. This means the system won't be setup in the fashion which myself and many others would favor of Zealot donating to the dev team and having the dev team own the server.

Zealot will not be on the Warband C-RPG in-game admin list

Because he owns the server and has the server billed in his name, Zealot would have the computer's administrative rights, allowing him to install other programs on the server and access to the server files.

The in-game Warband C-RPG admin list will be comprised of Shik and some of the dev's choice.

Does that clarify things?

Offline Secret Agent Cow

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Gorath's Battle Buddy and noble squire.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Secret_Agent_Cow
« Reply #403 on: July 16, 2011, 12:08:42 am »
Zealot lives in Canada. The server is in Texas*.

*Nevermind, from reading zealot's post it is under consideration at this point.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 12:12:31 am by Secret Agent Cow »

Offline Topsnus

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 16, 2011, 12:10:14 am »
+1
It won't be accessed by him. Nearly every person who says that "everyone doesn't like this idea" is in ATS. The fact is that ALOT of people like this idea because ALOT of people are sick and tired of Ecko and his incompetence. Please just make the new servers.