Poll

Who should run NA Strat server

The Original NA Team (Me and the 30 others i have who help)
205 (57.7%)
LLJK_Zealot and shik
150 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 355

Author Topic: NA Strategus Server Poll  (Read 35954 times)

Offline PieParadox

• Count
  • Renown: 219
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PieParadox
Re: NA Strategus Server Poll
« Reply #330 on: July 15, 2011, 08:38:58 am »
I read up to page 13 thumbing down troll/ thoughtless comments then gave up...

Quote from Zealots post (which I couldn't find):
(click to show/hide)

Anyways... It seems that Zealot not only gets Strat server, but ALL OF THE ATS NA servers? Or will the ATS servers still be run, with the exception of Strat? I don't think many problems will arise if he only handles Strat, but if he handles EVERY server... I am highly against this due to his past ideas.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #331 on: July 15, 2011, 08:41:07 am »
New servers, ats will still run as normal but the duel server will be a duel server and not strat for an indefinite period of time.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #332 on: July 15, 2011, 08:43:35 am »
Yes please.

What do we need 3 more NA servers for anyway? (Strat, Battle and Siege?) chadz, Ecko, can't we just make the ATS servers official instead? Most people already play there. Maybe make the Siege server into an unofficial ATS whatever (battle, siege or DTV, it can rotate) and the Battle and Strat become official?

chadz, my main worry if Zealot pays for the server is that he will then have access to the box. Not the admin password, but the actual server. I feel like he could have a field day messing with stuff in there. Some examples off the top of my head:

- Big LLJK Strat battle coming up. Its key that they win or they lose a city. An hour before the battle, Zealot calls the server host and has them disconnect it. Voila, LLJK doesn't lose its castle.
- Someone Zealot or a goon friend doesn't like is having a big battle... same thing
- Someone Zealot doesn't like gets mysteriously added to the ban list (editing server files.)
- The official servers are all renamed "C-RPG_Ecko_Is_Gay"

Honestly I'm not sure I trust him. Awesome if he wants to pay for the server, but unless he's sending you money via paypal and you or another dev is handling setting up everything and paying for the servers, I can't feel comfortable with this.
^
This.  Letting a goon have control over the "official" servers is like having einstein have host your bar mitzvah.  Much less a goon that already terrorized the NA community with mass bannings from an abused admin password and applauds the character deletions by another goon from players he doesn't like on their forums.

I mean seriously, as a judgement call this one is horrid.

As for "what LLJK has done in other games", take a look at this:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

See that? 150,000 members. We're not the same people. We don't know what other games you're talking about.  Yammering on about what "we" did in Darkfall or Rifts or WOW or whatever the fuck is the most retarded thing ever. We don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Except you all not only purposefully joined an organization who's entire purpose is to piss everyone off, be cunts and ruin games but you wanted to join this collection of flaming fuckwads so badly you paid the membership fee to do so.  That says so much about every one of your member's personal character and moral compass alone.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 08:52:04 am by Gorath »
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline PieParadox

• Count
  • Renown: 219
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PieParadox
« Reply #333 on: July 15, 2011, 08:47:21 am »
+1
Haha Destiny, you would post useful information for me at 2:00 A.M.  :twisted:

I can only think that he is genuinely helping out the NA community, or that he may have an elaborate plan...

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #334 on: July 15, 2011, 08:52:27 am »
Haha Destiny, you would post useful information for me at 2:00 A.M.  :twisted:

Hehehe, yesh. Now if only I was at a real computer, then I coul be playing cRPG too!

Oh wait I am a computer, one of those japanese model look-alikes that kinda are creepy fake people... I never sleep :/
I can only think that he is genuinely helping out the NA community, or that he may have an elaborate plan...

Only time will tell...DUN Dun dun! *cues more suspenseful music*
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 08:53:57 am by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm going to need you playing at 6AM on Saturday..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: POSTMASTER_PHANTOM0_OF_BIRD
  • IRC nick: PhantomZero
« Reply #335 on: July 15, 2011, 09:15:06 am »
+4
Letting a goon have control over the "official" servers is like having einstein have host your bar mitzvah. 

Maybe if einstein had hosted a few bar mitzvahs, maybe he wouldn't have been such an asshole.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Slantedfloors

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Slanted
« Reply #336 on: July 15, 2011, 09:23:34 am »
It's become clear that people like Gorath will never be satisfied. There's no arguing with someone who isn't able to differentiate between the actions of different people (whether in a small group like LLJK-CRPG or the SA community as a whole), and I don't think anything is gained by listening to the lamentations of someone who's still bitter than Goons messed up their Everquest guild or EVE corp or whatever.

I'm sorry that people like that won't be able to be convinced of the benefits of the coming situation, but in the end it doesn't really matter.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 09:29:02 am by Slantedfloors »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #337 on: July 15, 2011, 09:29:32 am »
It's become clear that people like Gorath will never be satisfied.

Sure I will.  Simply put a "Donate to NA official servers" button up there next to the EU one and let chadz set up the official servers that way.  Having lljk "own" the server automatically makes it tainted.  There hasn't been a single game you guys have been in (goons) that you haven't exploited, hacked, cheated, griefed and trolled the shit out of.

Don't want ATS to run the official servers?  Cool, fine, I can support that.  Don't want ANY clan to do so?  I like that even better.  Official NA servers through donations only imo.  If zealot wants to click a donate button and donate 300 a month, great.  Having him actually pay the company directly gives him access and control to the product, period.  And that's just retarded.

*You also didn't do anything to argue against my point.  Simply la'la'la'd the same shit about "We're all different people though!" even though you joined the fuckwad organization of the internet knowingly, willingly, purposefully and by fucking paying money to do so.  Goddammit, I want to join a hate group that sets fires to peoples property and otherwise harrasses and terrorizes the public at random so badly that I'm going to pay for the priviledge!  But hey, don't hate me guys!  I'm different!  I'm a nice guy!"   :rolleyes:  *
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 10:49:22 am by Gorath »

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 15, 2011, 09:30:14 am »
I read up to page 13 thumbing down troll/ thoughtless comments then gave up...

Quote from Zealots post (which I couldn't find):
(click to show/hide)

Anyways... It seems that Zealot not only gets Strat server, but ALL OF THE ATS NA servers? Or will the ATS servers still be run, with the exception of Strat? I don't think many problems will arise if he only handles Strat, but if he handles EVERY server... I am highly against this due to his past ideas.

Nothing is happening to Ecko's servers. This doesn't effect Ecko at all other then he doesn't get a position he tried to appoint himself to for some reason. The EU Official servers are run by chadz, I don't get why Ecko thought he should run the NA ones instead. Zealot is also uninvolved mostly and is just buying and giving servers to chadz who will be doing all the managing himself. These servers will be run completely by chadz & devs, and will cost none of you anything. There is no risk. Man common people, the same things are getting repeated over and over and no one is getting it because you think you're being wronged somehow by someone donating brand new servers to you which you'll get to use for free. What the hell.  :o

This.  Letting a goon have control over the "official" servers is like having einstein have host your bar mitzvah.

einstein comparisons? Really? Classy. It wont be a "Goon" server. LLJK has nothing to do it with. Zealot decided to do this alone and its not some clan offering. Get your facts sorted and read this mess of a thread before you set your mind in stone.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 09:31:45 am by Cheap_Shot »
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline CtrlAltDe1337

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • Victoria aut mors
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS / Northern Empire
  • Game nicks: Kataphraktos, Muffins, CtrlAltDelete, Haleth
« Reply #339 on: July 15, 2011, 09:31:29 am »
Let me tell you a story:

Last October ATS finally decided to get up off their laurels and try to take a neutral castle with 8000 troops all in cherburg armor, winged helmets and becs.  Against them were 4000 lightly armored AI equipped troops.  Half an hour into the battle ATS was down to 4000 troops while the neutral castle still had 2500 troops.  This was a huge embarrassment; throwing 4000 troops and millions of gold down the drain just for a simple neutral castle.  Then, the server goes down, the players fighting for the neutral castle didn't know that Gorath (formerly ATS) had reset the strategus server.  20 minutes later neutral players start trickling back into the server only to find that ATS was now back to 8000 troops and had surrounded the spawns.  Obviously people were absolutely livid that such a blatant abuse would take place.  When people started calling them out for what they were, cheaters, the ATS admins started kicking and banning people from the server.
Nice lies, go back and find my post where I answer this retarded claim (if you can find it in this e-drama filled thread).  I'm getting sick of it tbh, and I wasn't even in ATS then (just joined recently cos my clan all left cRPG). 

edit: Gorath, that was the most amazing post I've seen in a while.  I fail to rival you, I think I'm too nice. :/
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 09:33:44 am by CtrlAltDe1337 »
Quote from: IRC
<abearirl>crtlaltdel shut up | you are the worst | sperglord | i hate you so much | if i could ban goatee or ban you | i'd ban you
<Wylker|work>man if i was locked in a bunker with einstein, stalin, and CtrlAltDelete and had a gun with only 2 bullets | I'd shoot CtrlAltDelete twice

Offline Slantedfloors

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 15, 2011, 09:34:19 am »
There hasn't been a single game you guys have been in (goons) that you haven't exploited, hacked, cheated, griefed and trolled the shit out of.
And again Gorath, the Something Awful community is over 150,000 people. We are not those same people. Period.

Also, for a guy throwing out einstein comparisons, you seem remarkably predisposed to judging and demeaning large groups of people due to their community of origin.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 15, 2011, 09:38:19 am »
+2
Zealot is also uninvolved mostly and is just buying and giving servers to chadz 
This makes this:
It wont be a "Goon" server.
false.

I've paid for and run servers before.  If I "buy and give" a server to someone I still OWN THE SERVER as I'm the one dealing with the server provider.  This means that at all times I have full access to do what I want with the server.  Period.  Zealot will be in this position.  Period.

And yup, einstein comparisons.  I try to find a proper comparison for a narcissistic and sociopathic person that went out of his way to harrass and treat other people like shit.  You know, like the goon organization as a whole.

Slanted:  It's not a community of ORIGIN.  Sorry bud, your defense is completely wrong.  It's a community of CHOICE that you purposefully joined.  Complete difference.  If I join the KKK I can't claim that it's my community of ORIGIN and that I shouldn't be discriminated against because of it.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 09:39:49 am by Gorath »

Offline Slantedfloors

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 15, 2011, 09:40:15 am »
+1
And yup, einstein comparisons.  I try to find a proper comparison for a narcissistic and sociopathic person that went out of his way to harrass and treat other people like shit.  You know, like the goon organization as a whole.
So, would you say we're a community of Goraths? Cause that description is remarkably familiar.

And as I was posting this, you edited yours to compare us to the KKK. Good job.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 09:41:31 am by Slantedfloors »

Offline CtrlAltDe1337

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • Victoria aut mors
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS / Northern Empire
  • Game nicks: Kataphraktos, Muffins, CtrlAltDelete, Haleth
« Reply #343 on: July 15, 2011, 09:41:25 am »
And again Gorath, the Something Awful community is over 150,000 people. We are not those same people. Period.

Also, for a guy throwing out einstein comparisons, you seem remarkably predisposed to judging and demeaning large groups of people due to their community of origin.
You PAID MONEY to join a community of bundle of stickss who try to grief, hack, troll, and abuse every game they play.  That, my friend, makes you one of them.  Guilty by association as it were, at the least.  If you don't want to be associated with them, then leave the bloody organization, its not that hard.  I'm getting tired of this lame defense of "oh I'm not a retarded douchebag even though I'm in a clan full of them, don't be mean to me."  It won't fly, kid.
Quote from: IRC
<abearirl>crtlaltdel shut up | you are the worst | sperglord | i hate you so much | if i could ban goatee or ban you | i'd ban you
<Wylker|work>man if i was locked in a bunker with einstein, stalin, and CtrlAltDelete and had a gun with only 2 bullets | I'd shoot CtrlAltDelete twice

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 15, 2011, 09:52:01 am »
+1
So, would you say we're a community of Goraths? Cause that description is remarkably familiar. 
Yup, cause I've gone out of my way to:
Exploit
Hack
Excessively TK
Spout millions of racial epithets and other trolling rage/hate speech at other players in game
Seek out RL info about other players in order to harrass and attack them
Mass banned anyone (Hell, I never was a part of this and even unbanned quite a few LLJK on principle of being a fair admin in general.  Including Eyebeatwomen who has a mutual hatred of me)
Gone out of my way to troll/grief and otherwise ruin the game/fun of the other players in the server

owait, that's not an accurate comparison at all come to think of it.   :rolleyes:

There's thousands of gaming clans out there.  So very many of them are multi-game clans as well.  Yet you specifically joined the Goons for what reason exactly?  So you could be part of a clan that upholds high moral standards and sportsmanship?  A group that treats everyone well and with common courtesy and respect? 

Right, you joined a group that basically lives to metaphorically shit on everyone else on the planet and is famous for trying to do exactly that.  Sorry, nothing about your defense makes any logical sense.