Author Topic: Ceremonial Tournament Helmets  (Read 576 times)

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
Ceremonial Tournament Helmets
« on: July 14, 2011, 05:33:25 am »
+1
There are times when an event is hosted in the public, be it a ceremony or a tournament.

Jousting Tournament in particular, is when the four of these helmets could be the most appealing wear for a player since, well, they got the word Tournament on their item names:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I'm a sucker for Medieval Knighthood/Joust/Whatever, and of course, during the last 3rd Jousting Tournament hosted by Toffi, I purchased a Red Tournament Helmet in response to the grand event.

(click to show/hide)
Off Topic: I'm the one in the middle, but I still think Whiligelm (The one on the right with Klappvisier) should have been the one in the middle since he's the one that score couched everyone and brought us victory.
(And all I did was letting the opponent dehorse me and got a free foul point for the team :mrgreen:)

In case you're wondering, why didn't I use my Red Tournament Helmet?

Well, it's ugly and hardly cosmetic.
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
Salutations, the name is Gearhardt the Bubble Head Knight!

My suggestion is to transform these four tournament helmets into helmets with more ceremonial look and less flaws (Dents and stains).
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

In other words, just put colored feathers on Sugarloaf Helmet, Sallet with Visor, Hounskull Bascinet, Great Helm, or Klappvisier and rename them the corresponding color Tournament Helmet, thus replacing these vanilla Native tourney helmets. (Keep the original version though)

The downside that I can guess is these will become more popular than the other 'more practical/less ceremonial' helmets and the battlefield will become more flamboyant than before.

Offline ToxicKilla

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • For England, and Saint George!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Killmoar_the_Lone_Knight
  • IRC nick: ToxicKilla
Re: Ceremonial Tournament Helmets
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 08:34:16 am »
(click to show/hide)

Salutations, the name is Gearhardt the Bubble Head Knight!

That is pretty much exactly what I look like in my favourite gear, apart from I look sexier to myself with full graphics. :D
I think that helmet looks really cool for an early 1300's style knight, but not so much for a tourney as it isn't all shiny like a tourney helm should be.

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
Re: Ceremonial Tournament Helmets
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 10:06:35 am »
That is pretty much exactly what I look like in my favourite gear, apart from I look sexier to myself with full graphics. :D
I think that helmet looks really cool for an early 1300's style knight, but not so much for a tourney as it isn't all shiny like a tourney helm should be.
No offense meant (Even though I did call it ugly and hardly cosmetic :rolleyes:..) to your favorite helmet, my friend. And yes, the vanilla tourney helmets seem to have seen more battles than the intended tournament helmets. All the little dents and stains here and there, hardly fitting for a scene where you are shown to the public in display of your valor instead of the battlefield.

And the low graphics settings was intended to make a point, didn't want to make everything all shiny and phenomenal just to call something unattractive (I have this guilt trip right now, excuse me)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 10:19:21 am by Kenji »