Author Topic: strategus rule update  (Read 10652 times)

Offline Varyag

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Merc_Varyag_
Re: strategus rule update
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2011, 01:08:27 pm »
I am
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2011, 01:21:35 pm »
4) enable raids instead of conquering; only troops fight, population don't, half of the troops survive, random items and gold of the village are taken

What about the restriction of a minimum number of raiders? and special equipment (like Grappling Hook ^^ 1 per troops)
 Not fun have 100500 raiders battles 2 vs 100  :(

and that prevents  to keep equipments in character and not in the village?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 01:23:37 pm by Vovka »

Offline Cyber

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyber
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2011, 01:36:11 pm »
It is a good idea, prevents factions from getting too powerful. However to make owning fiefs bit more usefull maybe give Faction members some small advantage, like 10% ( just random number) higher chance to recruit troops from their own villages. Also it would be neat if you could set seperate taxes for your faction members and others.

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2011, 01:37:46 pm »
What about raiding NPCs?

Actually, what about battling un-owned castles/fiefs/etc? Do they accept everyone, or do the attackers just fight NPCs?

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2011, 01:38:17 pm »
It is a good idea, prevents factions from getting too powerful. However to make owning fiefs bit more usefull maybe give Faction members some small advantage, like 10% ( just random number) higher chance to recruit troops from their own villages. Also it would be neat if you could set seperate taxes for your faction members and others.
for your factions tax is 0

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2011, 02:39:30 pm »
more fuel:
1) disable troop to population conversion
2) double income for lords working in their fiefs
3) disable gold gain from population for player-controlled fiefs (you gain gold by visitors)
4) enable raids instead of conquering; only troops fight, population don't, half of the troops survive, random items and gold of the village are taken

those things aren't in atm, are they ?

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2011, 02:43:42 pm »
Gnjus is celebrating with a big bottle of vodka now :)

Hey folks, the drinks are on me !

(click to show/hide)
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2011, 03:57:06 pm »
When will the "Info message for your soldiers:" be active again?

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2011, 04:34:48 pm »
That reminds me last year when strat was coming up. Templars were the most crowded clan back then and there were rumours most populated clans will pay more tax....causing templar rage. A year later everything has turned 180 degrees around.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2011, 04:50:50 pm »
+3
I understand the reasoning behind the changes, but now there is no real reason to do much of anything on Strategus - why waste 500 or more troops taking a village or 5000 troops and 500K worth of equipment to take a castle or city when it takes your clan weeks to get that 5000 troops and gold and the only benefit as an end result - 1 person in your clan will get a little more gold in that castle or troops in that village.  It feels rather bland.  Where is the incentive??  We waited 8 months to have strategus become a boring game of sitting around accumulating troops and grinding gold??

Yes, the old way was too extreme and allowed rapid troop/gold accumulation, but at least it rpovided strategic incentives for people's actions.  Now there isn't really a reason to do much of anything other than for show.  Makes a lot more sense that if a FACTION owns a fief, FACTION MEMBERS get the benefit.  With so few fiefs to only give +1 troop to some random guy in your faction of 30+ is kind of stupid and uninspiring.  At least with faction related you have an incentive an it still doesn't allow excessive gold/troop accumulation as the more crowded your faction is in a village the lower the percentage chance anyway and +1 troop per hour is INFINITELY different than hundreds of population to troops conversion.  Why do the developers always go to extremes in reaction to former extremes rather than just create a balanced and enjoyable experience?

Isn't STRATEGUS supposed to use STRATEGY, which means STRATEGICAL REASONS for actions.  No real strategy if its meaningless to take a location or not, attack someone or not and if you just sit in a corner auto-accumulating troops and playing cRPG you will be in the exact same boat (probably even better off) then clans that are constantly actively involved attacking adn taking villages/castles/cities.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 04:54:28 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2011, 05:00:38 pm »
I understand the reasoning behind the changes, but now there is no real reason to do much of anything on Strategus - why waste 500 or more troops taking a village or 5000 troops and 500K worth of equipment to take a castle or city when it takes your clan weeks to get that 5000 troops and gold and the only benefit as an end result - 1 person in your clan will get a little more gold in that castle or troops in that village.  It feels rather bland.  Where is the incentive??  We waited 8 months to have strategus become a boring game of sitting around accumulating troops and grinding gold??

Yes, the old way was too extreme and allowed rapid troop/gold accumulation, but at least it rpovided strategic incentives for people's actions.  Now there isn't really a reason to do much of anything other than for show.  Makes a lot more sense that if a FACTION owns a fief, FACTION MEMBERS get the benefit.  With so few fiefs to only give +1 troop to some random guy in your faction of 30+ is kind of stupid and uninspiring.  At least with faction related you have an incentive an it still doesn't allow excessive gold/troop accumulation as the more crowded your faction is in a village the lower the percentage chance anyway and +1 troop per hour is INFINITELY different than hundreds of population to troops conversion.  Why do the developers always go to extremes in reaction to former extremes rather than just create a balanced and enjoyable experience?

Isn't STRATEGUS supposed to use STRATEGY, which means STRATEGICAL REASONS for actions.  No real strategy if its meaningless to take a location or not, attack someone or not and if you just sit in a corner auto-accumulating troops and playing cRPG you will be in the exact same boat (probably even better off) then clans that are constantly actively involved attacking adn taking villages/castles/cities.

While I agree with what you said, do you have any suggestions for the developers, Kesh?

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2011, 05:05:11 pm »
+1
While I agree with what you said, do you have any suggestions for the developers, Kesh?

Sorry, I thought I had listed mine.  Basically FACTION MEMBERS get the benefits of the FACTION taking a village, not just 1 fief holder getting +1 troop.  It also supports factions working strategically and non-factioned players still can easily accumulate troops and gold and raid villages etc. without there being a dichotomy between the two.  Allows for more strategic planning and play and working as a faction to meet goals and objectives that support larger strategies.  As is there really is no point to taking a city/castle/village other than bragging rights for your faction, where is the strategy in that?? (You basially can get the same beneift of owning a village by recruiting 1 new clan member, which with 30+ people in your clan is not a real incentive to take a village)  That gets old real fast.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 05:07:06 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Freland

• Count
  • Renown: 172
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Freland
  • IRC nick: Freland
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2011, 05:11:55 pm »
+1
Keshian, I think will become useful once full strategus is there. chadz mentioned fiefs will produce trade goods and you probably need them to produce weapons then.

each time you click the button, crpg gains popularity :D

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2011, 05:20:43 pm »
I agree but I'm not sure if I understand correctly

Lets do the math,

Noc has 2 fiefs with %100 chance of getting troops
chadz has 1 fief with %100 chance of getting troops

Daily recruitment amount : Noc: 96 chadz 48 Weekly : Noc : 672 chadz 336 etc.
Noc attack chadz, remaining troops of Noc, lets say 200.

Now Noc has 200+ 144 (daily) troops chadz = 0 weekly Noc has 200+1008

and it will keep multipliying until Noc becomes the supreme force and will clas with an another supreme force. Sooner or later it will become UIF vs Eastern faction situation

Please correct me where I'm wrong.

(Oold system)

Lets do the math,

Reinhardt has 2 fiefs with %100 of getting troops
chadz has 1 fief with %100 of getting troops
Joe Shmoe the poor hoe has no fiefs, only visiting one to get %100 of getting troops.

Daily recruitment amount: Rein 300, chadz 150. Joe Shmoe the poor hoe 24
Weekly recruitment amount: Rein 2100, chadz 1050. Joe Shmoe the poor hoe 168

Rein attack chadz, remaining troops of Rein, lets say 800.
Now Rein has 200 + 450 (daily) troops chadz = 0 weekly Rein has 3150 + 200 troops.
Joe Shmoe now has literally no chance in hell to defeat Rein.

GG for chadz and Joe.

(New system gives more of a chance for fief-less players and factions to take a fief. Also makes sure that stupid factions are taken out of the equation.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 05:21:44 pm by Reinhardt »
"A leader is a dealer in hope."

Offline Ming

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
  • Let her distract you!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Shogunate
  • Game nicks: Shogunate_BD_Ming
  • IRC nick: Ming
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2011, 05:20:49 pm »
+1
I think the developers made this beta just to let us complain and find out the negatives. ^^
I agree with Kesh tho ^^ but i believe the real strategus is alot more than this.